PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member

test e questions

I'm thinking of doing test e for my first cycle and I was doing some research...
    I noticed a major side is hair loss. My hair is already thinning alittle. Will it make it much worse if I do a 10 week cycle or is that mostly a long term effect?
    I noticed gyno is a major side too. Would I be able to take nolva alone with this?
    Most people don't keep most of their gains on this stuff either it seems. What in addition to clomid can I take to help this?

newtogear is offline Junior Member
    test would likely speed up your already thinning hair loss....even just one 10 wk cycle. you might want to consider seeing a dermatologist and getting a prescription for propecia prior to starting your cycle. that would counter the effects of the extra test. start taking it at least 3 weeks before cycle start. you can also supplement w/ beta sitosterol.

take 10 gms of nolva ed (bump up if noticing gyno symptoms) and 20 gms in pct. also take .25 mg's of Ldex ed.

in pct, take clomid, trib, and zma to kick your natural test in as soon as possible and save your gains. there's tons of posts on this, just do a search.

Quote Originally Posted by newtogear
    test would likely speed up your already thinning hair loss....even just one 10 wk cycle. you might want to consider seeing a dermatologist and getting a prescription for propecia prior to starting your cycle. that would counter the effects of the extra test. start taking it at least 3 weeks before cycle start. you can also supplement w/ beta sitosterol.
    I dont see how taking propecia 3 weeks before a cycle would help since you need to take it for 6 months just to stop your hair from thinning. anyone have experince with this?

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    There are sides to almost everything. Hopefully you are prone to gyno, take the necessary anti-e's. You can try advacor.

Jeremy34 is offline Member
    If your hair is already thinning a little, and you plan on taking more than just this one cycle, might want to get on propecia now anyway. I know I am. JMO.

Bic your hair, not worth the hassle of trying to save whats left if its already going.

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey
    Bic your hair, not worth the hassle of trying to save whats left if its already going.
    It's not like I'm bald or anything. I have a head full of shaggy hair but in the past year I've been finding hair on my hands (at least 20 hairs in the course of one shower) whenever I wash it. I just don't want to speed it up significantly and if there's something I can do to avoid it before I take a cycle I will. I guess propecia would be the way to go...

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    It's not like I'm bald or anything. I have a head full of shaggy hair but in the past year I've been finding hair on my hands (at least 20 hairs in the course of one shower) whenever I wash it. I just don't want to speed it up significantly and if there's something I can do to avoid it before I take a cycle I will. I guess propecia would be the way to go...
    **** bro, that is a lot per shower. How old are you?

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I dont see how taking propecia 3 weeks before a cycle would help since you need to take it for 6 months just to stop your hair from thinning. anyone have experince with this?
    This is just a misunderstanding. Propecia begins to reduce dht immediatley. It needs two weeks to reach maximum dht suppression. This 3-6 months it to see the results in your hair since it takes time for hair to grow and go through its cycle. Taking propecia as described previously is a great way to counteract hairloss. If you are prone to loss you should be taking 1-1.25 mg finasteride daily.

Avocor is a joke they were sued a few years ago becuase they hid the fact that they had minoxidil in thier product. The minoxidil was the only proven ingredient they had. Basically they were selling minoxidil with other ingredients for 5 times the price.

Propecia/Proscar and minoxidil are the only FDA approved ways to stop hair loss or regrow it. Numbers for propecia are 83% stopped hairloss or regrew hair. the side effects are less than 1% when compared to placebo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino58
    **** bro, that is a lot per shower. How old are you?
    I'm only 20. I guess my dad was worse when he was just 16 but he says all of a sudden it just stopped thinning. He has a pretty good head of hair now and hes almost 50. I can tell that its starting to slow down now but **** it I'm gonna to get some propecia anyways.

sp9
    Get a perscription for proscar. Same ingredient as Propecia. Proscar is 5mg tab and Propecia is the 1mg tab. Propecia is marketed for hairloss and is significantly more expensive since it is for a cosmetic use. Proscar is marketed for BPH (prostate enlargement). Since it is a real medical problem it is cheaper even though it's 5 times more mg per pill. Just get a pill splitter at the drug store for $2 and cut the proscar into 4 pieces and take one piece per day. Will save you hundreds or thousands over the long haul.

I've never heard of proscar before. Does it really work as good as propecia? Propecia is the only stuff I've heard that acually works..

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm thinking of doing test e for my first cycle and I was doing some research...
    I noticed a major side is hair loss. My hair is already thinning alittle. Will it make it much worse if I do a 10 week cycle or is that mostly a long term effect?
    I noticed gyno is a major side too. Would I be able to take nolva alone with this?
    Most people don't keep most of their gains on this stuff either it seems. What in addition to clomid can I take to help this?
    i also have thin hair, i have run test e 3 times, and i have not noticed any chaqnges, and it is not any worse, do proper pct and get your test levels back when you come off, check out nioxin or nizoral, might help

sp9
    I've never heard of proscar before. Does it really work as good as propecia? Propecia is the only stuff I've heard that acually works..

Proscar and Propecia are the same drug Finasteride. Proscar is a 5mg pill Propecia is a 1mg pill. Same thing. Again much less expensive to buy proscar and use a pill splitter to cut into 4 pieces than buy propecia. Whoever will do your perscribing will know they are the same. Tell them you want proscar so you can save money. Call your local pharmacy and compare the price per 1mg of each and you will see the savings.

hey thanks scott. I'll look into that. All these hair loss pills are safe to take with AS are they not?

sp9
    safe, won't help with deca or winny so I choose to stick with dbol /test/anavar /eq. Just my personal preference. Winny is the worst.

Thread Information