4plates is offline Banned

somethings been bothering me

and i felt it was time to get it off my chest so here it goes...

i read the post everyday and i try to help as much as possible,ive been on the board for quite some time now and feel i helped out alot of people.everything i ve learned i learned from this site..im not calling my self an expert,by far that.but i have learned about doses ,cycles,diffrent types of gear in which i never used.alot of my answers are based on information ive read on this board,and NOT ACTUALL EXPERIENCE.
    when i go to the forums i look for a post that hasnt been responded too many time,because i figue the ones with 5 or 6 replise have been answered.
    i see alot of answers are just
    or or
    if you dont know the answer then please dont just post ,because you feel the need to get a high number of posts.that dosent matter,we are here to help each other out no acheive a status or high post of the year award.
    maybe im overstepping here but it has been pissing me off latley

see what im saying 3 replies and there all bullshit

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    yeah..but you numbers never went up...hahaha
    no ..i totally agree..i look at the post if i don't know the answer or i don't know how to direct the person to get an answer i try to leave it alone.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Aman to that...

OOOPS...one more for the count...

Methuselah is offline Member

Thumbs up Touché!

I used to subscribe to a forum on another board. It was a Hot Rod Mustang board.

All of the people new all of the specs on all of the gear. They spoke like experts. They were usually right about the spec and wrong about the application; just kids with dreams and opinions. I was getting my advice (not for free) from a well known racing company in Florida. The kids who liked speculation and lacked the wherewithal to set and achieve a goal would tell me I was crazy and would have a crappy car. I'm 36 years old with a reserve of cash and the maturity to research, plan, and execute. Well, I have results; a car that can compete in SSSCA class races. They do not.

My point here is, on this board, there is some good advice and a lot of speculation; in particular, regarding cycles. Steroids are not food, they are drugs. More milligrams will not make you grow any bigger at all. It depends on how your body responds. i.e. 2 aspirin used to be enough to take care of a headache, my tolerance is higher and now I need three. Other unproven speculation regarding diet and exercise is a bit unsettling as well for me.

I am reluctant to take any advice from anyone on this board who does not post a picture of their self to validate their experience and results. However, I do enjoy reading all of it.

I was so disappointed to learn that most avatars here are of our members role models and not of themselves; ESPECIALLY in the pro competition forum. I thought that the forum would have pics of our members who actually did something; we can all post pictures of others and debate them all day long.

My pic is legit. No, I'm not able to get on wrestle mania; but I have gained 4" on my bicep, lost fat, feel great and am particularly healthy.

Please, be yourself. And, if the only knowledge that you have is what you got on this board and the internet, you have more to learn. That’s not to say that there are a few experts here, and yes, the content is great collaboration and keeps our interest.

Let’s keep it real!!!
    Last edited by Methuselah; 02-10-2002 at 01:14 PM.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs up

good point 4plates, I think that i never actualy did that also! because it bothers me too.

maybe this one was...hmmm lol

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Touché!

Originally posted by Methuselah
    I am reluctant to take any advice from anyone on this board who does not post a picture of their self to validate their experience and results . . . I was so disappointed to learn that most avatars here are of our members roll models and not of themselves . . .
    I'll add my own little gripe in a second, but first I want to compliment Methusaleh for actually putting the é in touché - most people would slip up on that. But it looks so stylish here that I'm willing to forgive that he said roll model instead of role model. (Sorry, bro, couldn't resist!)

Anyway, as a concurring justice on a court might write, I must "concur in part and dissent in part" with his position on pictures. I concur fully about the notion of people using pictures of others as their avatar. Many of us don't know every bodybuilder that comes down the pike, and it's misleading, especially to newbies, to give the impression that an avatar pic is you when it's actually someone who may be "up on the charts but less than Arnold." The funny thing is, some of the guys who use pictures of others as avatars do have impressive results themelves and would not be shamed in the least by sharing them.

On the other hand, knowledge speaks for itself and does not require a photo. I, for one, have never posted a pic on the board, and most of the people who have posted will block out their faces. I don't know the reason that others do this, but my concern is security. Even if we are not superstars in any fashion, there are a lot of psychos, whackos, and combinations thereof on the Internet today. We give benefit of doubt and assume that persons who post here are legit, but we simply do not know for sure - at least until we get to know them over a period of time and a course of posts.

That doesn't mean that you'll always get accurate information. But since this is a civil board, you can be assured that if someone passes along information that is blatantly whacked out, it will be pointed out, halfway diplomaticaly, by someone with the correct information. As with any Internet forum, however, the watchphrase must always be caveat emptor - let the buyer beware.

So my position is simple: If you don't want to post your pic or use your pic as an avatar, I have no problem with it. But if you post a pic of someone else lifting weights or in a similar situation, realize that it will lead some others into thinking that it's you. (I trust that y'all know the parameters of what I'm saying, and that no one has assumed incorrectly that I actually look like Michigan J. Frog.)

Now, a brief comment on my gripe: People who write posts and do not put, at the very least, an indication of what the subject is in their subject line. "Question" doesn't cut it and, quite frankly, I don't even read those posts. "Question about D-Bol" or "Cyp versus Sust?" tells us up front what the question is about, and if we have the knowledge or interest, we can then pop the post up, read it, and even respond. Ditto those who use elipsis dots in their subject lines, as in, "I need info on how to . . ." Sorry, bros and broettes, but I won't even click on that post. It's not that I'm not interested, but that I don't have the time to view every post. (And those who use the "New Messages" feature know that in the course of a 24-hour day, there can be a couple hundred posts.) By giving us an indication of the subject, we can click on posts more informed about its subject, waste less time, and even respond if the question is within our realm of knowledge.

So please, o literary ones, give us an indication up front, and those of us who have lives off the board (hard as it is to believe, there are a few of us ) will not have to deprive you of our collective wisdom by skipping over posts with abstract subject lines.

Methuselah is offline Member

Re: Re: Touché!

Originally posted by TNT
    But it looks so stylish here that I'm willing to forgive that he said roll model instead of role model. (Sorry, bro, couldn't resist!)
    Thanks TNT, for pointing that out. I stand corrected. I'll do my part for improving the board by taking the extra minute to check my grammar and spelling.

List grammar and spelling as gripe 3.

Mike Guest
    TNT....you're too much

4plates - I would agree with you. VERY good point. No point in peopl posting just to say "I donjt know the answer but I am sure someone does"

just silly...

ptbyjason Guest
    Agree with you guys. I will say that the board has been more "on subject" than it was in the past. It was getting bad for a while, but I think it is getting better (someone correct me if I am wrong). I agree that knowledgeable answers are extremely important, otherwise they are pointless posts. If you don't know the answer, research a little and learn, and then educate others. With that, this board will improve more and more everyday.

Thread Information