sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel

Getting Sick on Cycle?

Now in week 5 of dbol (1-4)/test/eq and have come down with a cold. Spent the last 2 days in bed. Feel a little better today.

What do you do to get over a cold faster? I just knew everything was going so well that something had to happen.

I am still force feeding myself and getting lots of rest, have not been outside of the house in about 48 hours. Really want to workout today but not sure if that will make things worse. Any advice? Just a bad head cold with a sore throat. Nasal passages clogged, head feels like it has a brick in it.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    well.......

the general rule here is that any symptoms above the neck are cool to train with. if you have fever, body aches, or lethargy, then its probably a good idea to take a few days until these symptoms subside.

that being said, if you've missed a couple days already and are starting to feel better, then another 24 hrs. aint gonna hurt. but only you know your body bro.........and you have to make the call.
    you still have a ways to go in your cycle, correct? a few days isnt going to affect it at all.

peace I4L

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Thanks iron4life,

Running test another 10weeks and eq another 9. I guess its a let down because I was doing so well. Highest bodyweight ever and lifts were all better than ever. Will put it in perspective, and just keep eating big, and relax today.

woodiechopper is offline Associate Member
    if it's not in the chest, then go to the gym and tell yourself you'll just do a few lighter weights, higher repetitions (active recovery training). If your body is ok, your adrenaline will kick in and you'll be lifting like normal. If not, go home.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by iron4life79
    well.......

the general rule here is that any symptoms above the neck are cool to train with. if you have fever, body aches, or lethargy, then its probably a good idea to take a few days until these symptoms subside.

that being said, if you've missed a couple days already and are starting to feel better, then another 24 hrs. aint gonna hurt. but only you know your body bro.........and you have to make the call.
    you still have a ways to go in your cycle, correct? a few days isnt going to affect it at all.

peace I4L
    I4L is on the money..As long as there is no associated fever or overwhelming lethargy, then you should be fine to train..Just don't push it too quickly or you could further inhibit your immune system and decline or even worse, pick up someone else's germs at the gym and end up with another illness..

I get sick every cycle..It's a conspiracy, but I take my time and recover properly and in the end my cycle is not affected one bit..Just get plenty of rest, fluids, and eat a healthy diet and you should be up and running in no time..

Doc M

Thread Information