Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Newbie75 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cobourg, Ontario
    Posts
    4

    Exclamation Question about clen and my Thyroid

    Well I have a bit of a story to tell everyone first before I ask my question. 2.5 years ago I had thyroid cancer and had a total thyroidectomy to remove the tumor in my throat. Currently I am taking 250 mcg of synthroid to fool my body into thinking that I have a thyroid. 5 days ago I started a 6 week cycle of clen going 2weeks on 2 off. Now my question for anyone that can answer it is. With me taking pills for my thyroid am I wasting my time taking clen. Currently I weight 240 pounds 6" tall and very active, I work out 3-4 times a week and have a fairly healthy diet, I drink occasionlly but most of the time not. So to me I am a healthy peson, other then the spair tire I am carry around I feel fine. I just want to know if taking synthroid and clen at the sametime is even going to work?

    But right now here is my dosages for my clen cycle

    40/60/80/100/200/200/200/200/200/200/200/200/200/200

    I take my fist 100mcg of clen at about 8:00am and then the second dose at 1:00 pm.

    I am having little side effects that is why I am getting a higher dose.

    Side effects are:
    Shakiness (very)
    Heartburn
    Heart Pulps (last about 2 hrs then subside)

    If you guys can help me out with this question that would be awsome

  2. #2
    map200uk's Avatar
    map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,267
    im not too sure if it will work but u said ur very shaky...would it not be better to taper it down a bit?

  3. #3
    NaughtyNurse's Avatar
    NaughtyNurse is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Canada!!
    Posts
    217
    You should not be having heart palpitations...your body is trying to tell you to cut back.

  4. #4
    Mallet's Avatar
    Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Canada - TO
    Posts
    3,484
    There is no reason why you couldn't take clen along with your synthroid ...my only question is, how did your doc arrive at that dosage of synthroid, and why did he recommend purely t4?

  5. #5
    Newbie75 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cobourg, Ontario
    Posts
    4
    Mallet
    We (my family doctor & I) have been working on my doasage of synthroid for a while... We go by tests and also how I feel. Right after I first had my surgery I gain about 30 pounds becasue they didn't give me enought thyroid meds. I also felt like crap. It is kind of find the best that works deal. Can you answer a question for me though. by your signature it looks like you know about thyroids, when is the best time to take my pills, currently I am taking them before I go to bed because it is such a pain to have and wait 1 hour to eat after I take them. (that is what I was told and is on pill bottel)

  6. #6
    Mallet's Avatar
    Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Canada - TO
    Posts
    3,484
    Well synthroid has a slightly shorter half life than cytomel , timing isn't a big issue, taking them on an empty stomach allows for better absorption, other than that you could take them at anytime of the day IMO. I understand about finding the right dose for each individual is trial and error. I honestly find blood work alone to be incomplete for fine tuning your throid dose. Did your doc recommend any specific supplements or food to eat to make sure enough synthroid was converting to t3? Do your blood test check for Total serum T4, T3 uptake, and free thyroxine index. I could go into a long speech about why I think blood work alone is incomplete or sometimes inconclusive. I would suggest you take your basal body temp (BBT) for the next four days and get back to me with the results, there are ways we can get your thyroid function to respond naturally as well. For instructions on how to check your BBT go to this thread "testing your thyroid function"

    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie75
    Mallet
    We (my family doctor & I) have been working on my doasage of synthroid for a while... We go by tests and also how I feel. Right after I first had my surgery I gain about 30 pounds becasue they didn't give me enought thyroid meds. I also felt like crap. It is kind of find the best that works deal. Can you answer a question for me though. by your signature it looks like you know about thyroids, when is the best time to take my pills, currently I am taking them before I go to bed because it is such a pain to have and wait 1 hour to eat after I take them. (that is what I was told and is on pill bottel)

  7. #7
    Spoon's Avatar
    Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Posts
    3,710
    bro you might want to taper down or lower the dosage altogether. 200mcg a bit too much. 140mcg about the max for most peopl

    20/40/60/80/100/120/140/140/140/120/100/80/60/40

  8. #8
    Mallet's Avatar
    Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Canada - TO
    Posts
    3,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    bro you might want to taper down or lower the dosage altogether. 200mcg a bit too much. 140mcg about the max for most peopl

    20/40/60/80/100/120/140/140/140/120/100/80/60/40
    He's taking synthroid (t4) not cytomel (t3) but you already new that? why is 140mcg the max? who are most people?

  9. #9
    supirman45 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    403
    I took clen up to 200mcg/day on my last 2 week cycle of it with little shakiness. My body seems to adapt to clen very quickly, as the first day I took 40mcg and within a week was up to 200mcg with little side effects. Now that I've mixed t3 into the equation, however, the clen is a whole different story.

  10. #10
    Spoon's Avatar
    Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Posts
    3,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallet
    He's taking synthroid (t4) not cytomel (t3) but you already new that? why is 140mcg the max? who are most people?
    i never said he was taking cytomel , i should have stated that most people get good results with 140mcg of clen , by most people i meant that the people i have talked to and know. i should have clarified also since he has the shakes (very) maybe not wise to up dosage, maybe even lower dosage and pyramid the dosages. just my .02 bro

  11. #11
    Mallet's Avatar
    Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Canada - TO
    Posts
    3,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    i never said he was taking cytomel , i should have stated that most people get good results with 140mcg of clen , by most people i meant that the people i have talked to and know. i should have clarified also since he has the shakes (very) maybe not wise to up dosage, maybe even lower dosage and pyramid the dosages. just my .02 bro
    Gotcha!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •