Thread: Rogaine?

djsir007 is offline Associate Member

Rogaine?

I was thinking about starting to use Rogaine JUST IN CASE.
    But it says it is not for a receeding hairline.
    Has anyone used rogaine with success for a receeding hairline?
    Thanks

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    yes people have had sucess on the vertex and hairline. It works less the futher to the front you go. It is not something to just use on cycle. It is a commitment. If you gain hair or stop hair loss with rogaine and stop using it the hair you gained or kept will be lost. If you have Male pattern baldness the best options are 1.25mg proscar daily and 5% Rogaine (minoxidil) twice per day. It is a pain at first but then it becomes a habit like brushing your teeth and it works very well incombination with each other.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scottp999
    yes people have had sucess on the vertex and hairline. It works less the futher to the front you go. It is not something to just use on cycle. It is a commitment. If you gain hair or stop hair loss with rogaine and stop using it the hair you gained or kept will be lost. If you have Male pattern baldness the best options are 1.25mg proscar daily and 5% Rogaine (minoxidil) twice per day. It is a pain at first but then it becomes a habit like brushing your teeth and it works very well incombination with each other.
    Yes...and he's experienced in this,so it's good advice!

(no flame here scott,just backing up yout word)

~DB

sp9
    Thanks, just trying to fight old mother nature and hang on to what I got. If I had the options these guys in thier early 20's have today my hairline would be 1 inch lower. The key is to start as soon as you notice you are getting thin or receeding. hard to judge sometimes.

Remember your mom will tell you that you are not losing hair right up until you are bald. Make your own judgements.

Thanks guys, I think I am going to start with the Rogaine even though it wont work as well for the front receeding line. Ive heard some nasty stuff about the propecia and others. So until I need it I dont want to take it.
    Thanks again

sp9
    when compared to placebo, propecia had less than 1% side effect rates. It also has a short half life so if you stop taking it all sides are reversible in about a day. Use it with minoxidil and in 4 months you won't be disappointed if you are a good responder.

is propecia the same as finasteride?
    thanks for all the help.

kubano28 is offline Associate Member
    propecia and proscar are both (finasteride),the only difference between propecia and proscar is $,30 propecia go for about $50 +++++,if u go with proscar u be paying half of that amount ,the only headache is proscar does not come in 1 mg,but 5 mg ,so u have to brake it up into four...

Clarkk is offline Junior Member
    You can get a four months supply of Proscar (finasteride) for about $85-$100. I ordered it from a website, It was shipped from Tailand or Taiwan. I did not get a prescription. It is a pain after a while breaking up the pills in to four pieces, even with a pill splitter. It takes about four months to see any effect and when you stop it falls out after a while. You should order the stuff way before the first four months runs out because it takes 6 weeks sometimes. I'm sure other sites may be quicker. I think propecia is taken in 1mg pills but the proscar comes in 5mg pills. Breaking them up into five parts is really difficult, four parts just less difficult. If you miss a day or two and double up on them you get a blue ball feeling from hell for ten hours or more. What I understand is that Proscar -Finasteride was originally marketed as prostate cancer drug but some of the patients grew hair. It was then marked in smaller amounts for use as a hair regrowth drug -Propecia. One of the side effects is a decreased libido for you non-deca users out there.

sp9
    you can also find very cheap alternatives at certain chemical research sites. Usually in liquid form, 5mg per ml.

beefydragon is offline Member
    Will rogain work on my chest and arms? I've always wanted the Magnum PI look...

Thread Information