Thread: Vioxx Anyone?

BIGTEX is offline Associate Member

Vioxx Anyone?

Is Anyone else on this stuff? I have to use it for tendonitis on my ankles and my shin splints... Anyone know what the max doseage that is safe to take? im thinking of doubling my doc prescription 0f 25mg and Im curious if it would be safe..

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Thanks EXCESS...

bravo11p is offline Associate Member
    IMO the "more is better" school would not be a wise move with Vioxx. Stick with the recommended dosage there. Look at the URL excess gave you and read the side effects. You will be increasing your chances with them in increasing the dosage

TooTuff is offline New Member
    Ome out of the Big MD, but go to school at UVa
    Hey I am on Vioxx and I get it through our training staff...let me tell you it isn't like advil. if you are taking the 50mg tablets you really want to keep it to one pill a day. Now I know there are going to be people who are going to go crazy and tell me that is ridiculous you can take as many as you want. But trust me on this one I know I am not that old and not that knowledgable about a lot of other subjects but 50mg pills should be taken once a day and absolutly NO more than 2 pills a day. It is really tough on your kidneys and liver. But that is my two cents and it is your body

Thanks Everyone...
    I normally dont even like to take this kind of shit but Im a college athlete and I either keep my pain under control or I dont play... Im currently taking 25mg X2 a day (my doc said once a day) so I may only continue this initialy...
    TEX

asimov is offline Junior Member
    I've taken so much Vioxx in the past two years I should get a sponsorship out of it, ot least a free t-shirt. Under medical supervision I've taken 50mg per day for extended periods, well over a month. As I understand it, if you take more than that, it really doesn't do you any good because the body just won't utilize the excess. And a tip, if you haven't already, look into getting some orthotics for your feet. I do plenty of running and I've had far fewer battles with shin splints since getting them.

stubby is offline Banned
    trying anything to get rid of these splints--somas suck and i can't get anything that is stronger

Thread Information