Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By powerliftmike

Thread: Mid Cycle Blood Work Help and Fixing Levels!

scshack is offline New Member

Thumbs up Mid Cycle Blood Work Help and Fixing Levels!

I am running my first Test only cycle (500mg/week) and just had mid cycle blood work done (6 weeks). See attachment for results. I did not have any pre-blood work done.

Please help me decide best course of action to manage and remediate the results, from ya'lls experiences! In summary here are the results:

Male 30 years old
    Height, Weight 5'7, 170 lbs
    Training 10+ years

Test Total >1500 (249-950)
    Test Free 41.2 (9-30)
    Estradiol (E2) 135 (7.6-42.6)
    FSH <0.3 (1.5-12.4)
    LH <0.3 (1.7 8.6)

1) Test total and Test free look good. This means my gear is legit!
    - Or should my Test Free be higher? It might be the pin and blood drawn timing. I pinned 250mg Test-Ethanate on Monday and blood drawn on Tuesday.

2) Estradiol is too high, to fix this I plan on taking Arimidex 0.5mg E3.5D (total of 1mg a week).
    - I started AI at the start of the cycle (0.25mg E3.5D) but stopped (week 4) due to blurry vision and feelings of sluggishness, thinking I had crashed my E2, but it looks like I just wasn't taking enough.

3) FSH and LH are low meaning my natural test production is shut down, to fix this I plan on starting 250iu HCG E3.5D.
    - Also, planning to bump up towards end of cycle to 500iu E3.5D to prepare for PCT.

Any help is much appreciated - I really want opinion on #2 and #3!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mid Cycle Blood Work Help and Fixing Levels!-results-final2.jpg   Mid Cycle Blood Work Help and Fixing Levels!-results-final1.jpg  
    Last edited by scshack; 10-08-2020 at 09:03 AM.

After reading through this thread https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...ce-needed.html, it sounds like the better option is to manage your E2 levels based on how you feel rather than what the blood work says:

When I was on AI (0.5 mg/week), I had blurry vision and sluggishness, almost like I didn't want to train. Since I have been off AI, I really have just felt tired, like I could sleep 12 hours a day and with slight depression. It's like on or off of an AI, I still feel a bit off. It's hard to explain.

I have NO signs of gyno, ED, or low libido. I am holding a little extra water weight, but not much.
    Last edited by scshack; 10-08-2020 at 04:29 PM.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Looks pretty good. AST/ALT nor hemoglobin/hematrocrit not even really elevated. LH/FSH will absolutely be down and E2 up. You could take hCG as you suggested to help LH, but it isn't really that big of a deal. I wouldnt even bother. If you have no visible symptoms (excessive edema or gynecomastia primarily) dont worry about the estrogens either. Estrogens are quite good for anabolism, bone density, and lipids.

How is your blood pressure?
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike View Post
    Looks pretty good. AST/ALT nor hemoglobin/hematrocrit not even really elevated. LH/FSH will absolutely be down and E2 up. You could take hCG as you suggested to help LH, but it isn't really that big of a deal. I wouldnt even bother. If you have no visible symptoms (excessive edema or gynecomastia primarily) dont worry about the estrogens either. Estrogens are quite good for anabolism, bone density, and lipids.

How is your blood pressure?
    Thanks for replying. I do not have any excessive edema or gynecomastia symptoms at all. So it sounds like even with high estrogen levels with no visible side effects, this can be a "good" thing? I know too much estrogen can cause prostate issues. Not sure if prostate issue are visible or show up in the blood work.

I have not checked my blood pressure. I will get this checked and update the post.

Option 1) is to just keep going without HcG or AI.
    Option 2) is to start using HcG to get LH/FSH back to more normal state to help recover better from PCT, but do not take any AI
    Option 3) start HcG and AI as I stated above.

Just trying to find that sweet spot. It's quite difficult to determine the best course of action for best gains and best recovery post cycle. I guess everyone who uses gear is chasing that happy medium.

Thread Information