mfenske is offline Member

Cytomel cessation question

As some of you may know I am on the tail end (I hope) of a bout with thyroid cancer. As a result doc has me on 25mcg of Cytomel twice a day. Yesterday I had to stop taking it cause I have radioactive iodine treatments coming on June 10th. My questions are as follows: 1. What can I expect since I have no thyroid in terms of energy level? 2. What side effects can I expect? 3. Since my metabolism will be slow is there a chance that I can gain some muscle (and probably a lot of fat) in the deal? 4. If you all can think of anything else lemme know. Thanks everyone, Mark

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfenske
    As some of you may know I am on the tail end (I hope) of a bout with thyroid cancer. As a result doc has me on 25mcg of Cytomel twice a day. Yesterday I had to stop taking it cause I have radioactive iodine treatments coming on June 10th. My questions are as follows: 1. What can I expect since I have no thyroid in terms of energy level? 2. What side effects can I expect? 3. Since my metabolism will be slow is there a chance that I can gain some muscle (and probably a lot of fat) in the deal? 4. If you all can think of anything else lemme know. Thanks everyone, Mark
    PM Mallet for help with this.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Radioactive iodine treatment is usually a last resort, I'm interested to know why he has you on T3 instead of synthroid ? If you can, could you PM me with your blood panel? also, how were you originally diagnosed? There is no reason for you to live with those symptoms...Most endo's will dose you accordingly until you reach optimal health, your dose will have to be adjusted after about 3 months and then again after about 6 months. Don't view this as a negative...you can actually keep yourself lean for life without any worries of lowering your thyroid function, optimal health is just around the corner...most people live with a low thyroid function without even realizing it, the society for endocrinology has just recently lowered the range for diagnosing people with hypothyroidism..you can keep your metabolism in the optimal range without worrying about diet exercise etc...

Thread Information