flabbywussy is offline Senior Member

half life question please explain... experienced users

Deca -durabolin (Nandrolone decanate) 15 days half life. say i took my last shot of 400mg right? 15 days later i would still have 200mg in my blood. 15 more days go by and still 100? if this is correct how can i start my pct 2 weeks after my last shot? wouldn't i still have it in my bloodstream? same goes for prop half life is 4.5 days.so why would you start pct 3 days after last shot of prop?
    Last edited by flabbywussy; 05-27-2004 at 06:26 AM.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    http://67.18.108.244/showthread.php?t=94822

Actually 21 days for deca is the active life, see the info posted by pheedno. Active life is how long any amount is left in your system, half life is the period in which the amount in your system is reduced by 1/2.

TNA
    TNA is offline New Member
    Ok the beautiful thing about half lives is that because of it we dont have to pyramid out of a cycle. The half life is a natural pyramid. The problem here is that after that last 400 mg shot you arent going 400, 200, 100. You must remember that the aas's build up in the blood stream quicker than the halflife flushes it out other wise you would be doing a shot every 15-30 days or something stupid like that. So, for example, first shot 400 mg 7 days later another 400 Now Im not completely sure on the math but to be on the safe side you will have over half the first shot in you so now you have 600 mg's in you. Then there comes a saturation point where your body is flushing out enough that you are putting in so that there are fairly even blood levels of aas from shot to shot. How much that is depends on amt and frequency of shots, and I really have no clue how to figure it out exactly. So, if you start therapy 2-3 weeks after you last shot (in this case I would say three). What you are doing is starting your therapy at a point when you think that suppression is about to stop. IMO it is better to start pct before suppression stops than after because if it is after then it means you have low androgen levels from the aas and you body is also on low natural levels and you want to minimize those days as thats when your body will lose muscle and gain fat. Also, I would say 3 days after last prop shot is ok.

TNA
    TNA is offline New Member
    hoped that helped, but yeah check the above post for the correct half life (my bad forgot to look it up first)

IronAdam is offline Member
    flabbywus...has your g/f been on a "mass" diet?

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronAdam

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronAdam
    HEYYYYYY!! that's not my girl, THAT'S MY MOM! J/K

Thread Information