Wrestlingkompressor is offline Associate Member

Acetaminophen while on cycle

Lately my gear has been pretty painful, even cutting it with b-12 doesn't seem to help anymore. High BA content i guess, oh well. Anyway i've been living off Acetaminophen for the past couple of days. Should I worry about my liver? Or would it be a better idea taking asprin?

Test Prop
    150mg-EOD For 12wks

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    as long as your arent going over 4000mg a day you should be fine.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Acetaminophen is a better choice IMO. It isn't so liver toxic to worry.

kronik is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Acetaminophen is a better choice IMO. It isn't so liver toxic to worry.
    do you mean IBUPROFEN?

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    acetaminophen is very toxic to the liver, if a person overdoses on tylenol most times only a liver transplant can save them. aspirin or ibuprofen would be better. aspirin is hard on ur gi tract(stomach mostly) and ibuprofen is hard on the kidneys. IMO if u r taking orals i would stay away from the acetaminophen. im a nursing student and have just finished my pharmacology class which teaches u all this info.

kronik is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    acetaminophen is very toxic to the liver, if a person overdoses on tylenol most times only a liver transplant can save them.
    Not trying to flame but tylenol or acetaminophen overdoses are treated 99% of the time with a drug called Acetylcysteine which is ingested up to 6 times daily for several days, to counteract the toxins in acetaminophen.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    acetaminophen is very toxic to the liver, if a person overdoses on tylenol most times only a liver transplant can save them. aspirin or ibuprofen would be better. aspirin is hard on ur gi tract(stomach mostly) and ibuprofen is hard on the kidneys. IMO if u r taking orals i would stay away from the acetaminophen. im a nursing student and have just finished my pharmacology class which teaches u all this info.

OK. Is it so toxic that taking it as recommended for 10 or 12 weeks is gonna do damage? I try not to touch any of the stuff but I would take Tylenol myself. However I'm not a nursing student. I remember I did 20 blue percs all in one shot and didn't OD so I thought it wasn't all that dangerous.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    a tylenol over dose can be successfully treated within 24 hrs. most times u can only know a tylenol overdose if the person tells u. if u wait for symptoms to appear it is usually to late. the class was dumbfounded when we found out how toxic tylenol can be. as for the recommended dosage i would say taking it everyday is putting stress on ur liver but ur liver is very resilient and will immediately begin to recover once all toxins are cleared. but imo i would think if u r taking orals u wouldnt want to put anymore stress on ur already overworked liver. besides ibuprofen are usually better for muscle aches (such as post injection pain) because they are classified as anti inflammatories.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Tylenol is hard on the liver period, end of story. I almost overdosed as a teen. My doc told me I'm on HRT Plus a little extra if you know what I mean, to stay away from tylenol. It is just another thing to put stress on the liver. Tylenol sucks take ibuprofen.

This is a common known fact, that's why people have died after a hard night of drinking and then throwing down a bunch of tylenol to avoid a hangover.

Thread Information