howells is offline New Member

Question creatine! is it worth it?

creatine! is it worth it?
    hi ppl im 31, 6ft 2, 14st 7, and bn liftin for 3months! not sure if i wana do roids yet so iv started with creatine! just wondered if any1 had any opinions on it and how i should use it! or is it a wate of time.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    no imo.

wots imo? im new 2 this

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    in my opinion

as-addicted is offline Junior Member
    In my opinion

cheers guys thanx

so has anybody got any advice for me? iv read everything i can on as, as i can, but still not sure wot 2 take, and wot the likely cost would be 2 do a cycle! any advice!

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    a good first cycle thats working for me:

weeks 1 - 12 Test. E - 500mg/week
    weeks 1 - 4 D-Bol - 30mg/day

i am on week 10 and have put on 30lbs already

i actually decided to throw in some winny depot in at weeks 9 - 14 too (50mg/EOD), dont think it has started kicking in yet though

if you didnt want to use too much gear/spend too much money then the first 2 compounds would be more than enough to start you off

thick one is offline Associate Member
    yo bro, 3 months of lifting isn't sheet!! we're about the same age so i'm going to give ya a little advice. lift for at least 1 solid year, keep track of your workouts, take the time to get your diet in check and at the end of the year evaluate your progress and maybe start thinking about doing a cycle. yes, creatine is effective, but everyone reacts differently to it. i know for me, it helps increase strength, but it also bloats me somewhat. when i was mixing creatine powder with grape juice/apple juice i would bloat like a mo-fo and fart like 24/7. this was many moons ago, and the products available today are much better=less bloat/gas.. p.s. what does 14 stone 7 =in pounds?? i forgot the conversion.

thanx thick one, 14st 7 is i think 205 pounds, 93kg. im just takin creatine monohydrate, should i also invest in whey protein?

detroit is offline Banned
    I have tried creatine about 4 times, and each time i tried different doses. Never had any results. Maybe it just dosnt do anything for me???

Save your money an just buy some quality protein.

thick one is offline Associate Member
    6'2, 205lbs. do you know your body fat %? i would def. invest in protein powder. eating 1.5-2 grams protein per pound is awfully hard to do on food alone so supplementation is almost necessary (at least for me). and def. for post workout nutrition you want the fast acting proteins. most people think that they eat enough when trying to build muscle, but wonder why they never gain any weight and why their strength stays the same. they blame it on "fast metabolism" or "i'm at my genetic limit." bull sheet!! you need to eat to grow and most don't have the discipline to win this battle. that's why I say take a year and perfect your diet. research on this board and you will find tons of valuable information. with only 3 months of training, you will build quite a base with at least 1 year of natty training. you can do it man, it's all about will, determination, and knowledge.. good luck and happy growing.

tanx again thick one, i worked my body fat out at 13%, is that good? will take ur advice.

just wanted 2 ask if u know how i should take the creatine/ protein in regard 2 a workout? post/pre workout and time scale pre/post workout and how long i should do a cycle for?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by thick one
    most people think that they eat enough when trying to build muscle, but wonder why they never gain any weight and why their strength stays the same. they blame it on "fast metabolism" or "i'm at my genetic limit." bull sheet!! you need to eat to grow and most don't have the discipline to win this battle.
    D@MN STRAIT

Its nice to see people telling newbies to eat instead of inject themselves

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force

i actually decided to throw in some winny depot in at weeks 9 - 14 too (50mg/EOD), dont think it has started kicking in yet though

if you didnt want to use too much gear/spend too much money then the first 2 compounds would be more than enough to start you off

holy sh!t i didnt realise you had only been lifting for 3 months - i had been lifting for 3 years before i started my first cycle

forget what i said

creatine, protein powder and a good diet will see good results at your stage

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by howells
    creatine! is it worth it?
    hi ppl im 31, 6ft 2, 14st 7, and bn liftin for 3months! not sure if i wana do roids yet so iv started with creatine! just wondered if any1 had any opinions on it and how i should use it! or is it a wate of time.
    Creatine is the best thing you can do that is "not a steroid ". The problem with creatine is if you have had caffiene in less then 5 hours before taking the creatine, then your body will pass it and not absorb any of it. Its difficult because so many of us like caffiene. I usually do creatine before bed at midnight because I've cut off the caffiene before sundown so that I can get to sleep when I want to.

Having creatine in your system can prevent you from having catabolism, but then again caffiene is also anti-catabolic so you have to weigh out which half of the day you will do which.

Also in the first 6 months to 1 year of weight training, you should be developing very fast. Typically the first 6 months will get you the most rapid natural development you can get in your life. The rate you develop during this period is very "steroid like", so just train, increase your weights you lift and eat lots of protein, but also make sure you are full of nutrients and vitamins of all types - no deficiencies.

As for steroids , you cant take them until you've had 1.5 to 2 years of natural weight training experience as a minimum. Otherwise you get unbalanced development in muscles where your arm muscles can rip itself from the bone to give you an example so dont do it without advanced training to strengthen up your tendens and muscle attachments to the bone,etc.
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 10-21-2004 at 01:09 AM.

kelkaz is offline Junior Member
    you have to remember the loading phase of creatine. you must take 20-25grams/day for first 7 days (4*5gr), and you will decrease it to 5gr/day. and dont use it more than 2 months. take it with grapejuice, it will be much easier for your body to absorbe.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    3 months of lifting. Steroids should be the last thing on your mind.

Creatine: Yes it is worth it if you stick with it. IE: Take it everyday for 2-3 months. You cant just dabble in it whenever you remember to take it. You have to build it up in your system.
    Creatine while on a cycle is a waste IMO.

Since you are new at working out, you DEFINATELY NEED protien powder. Your baby muscles will need it to grow.

Basically: Buy protien powder and make two shakes a day. Opinions vary on when to consume shakes.
    Buy some creatine and some glutamine.

Thats about it. Dont waste money on amino acids or anything.

oneandonly0_1 is offline New Member

creatine facts

have just studied creatine in university, and the vast majority of studies have found it to increase lean body mass by only 1-3%. as u can see thats pretty poor. all it does is give the muscle more of its fuel, ATP allowing it to work harder for longer. quite a few studies have found its more effective when stacked with glutamine, this is available in products such as betagen, which iv used with ok results. all in all creatine will help, but not alot so dont expect or pay the earth for it, hope this helps.
    ms

AnabolicAlien Guest

hey...

hey oneandonly... when you're as "jact" as me, 1-3% is a lot bro so i'd say it's worth it.

A.A.

workdude is offline Senior Member
    creatine will help but protein is where it's at. 3 months? You need to eat and lift nothing else. Just my 2cents.

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly0_1
    have just studied creatine in university, and the vast majority of studies have found it to increase lean body mass by only 1-3%. as u can see thats pretty poor. all it does is give the muscle more of its fuel, ATP allowing it to work harder for longer. quite a few studies have found its more effective when stacked with glutamine, this is available in products such as betagen, which iv used with ok results. all in all creatine will help, but not alot so dont expect or pay the earth for it, hope this helps.
    ms
    I think as Nptadude said above it's the anti-catabolic propoerties of it that make it so nice. Especially in PCT. As for this new guy that has only been working out for 3 months, he needs as much help as he can get to build lean muscle mass, so creatine is well worth it. Especially considering how cheap it is these days. You can buy 500mg of EAS creatine for $9.96 at Walmart.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkaz
    you have to remember the loading phase of creatine. you must take 20-25grams/day for first 7 days (4*5gr), and you will decrease it to 5gr/day. and dont use it more than 2 months. take it with grapejuice, it will be much easier for your body to absorbe.
    Disagree, don't believe in the loading phase IMO. Creatine has it own effect on each person. This thread more people don't like, but in the supplement forum most dudes will throw some creatine in for PCT. I think creatine would help this guy if he eat and trained properly...goodluck bro..;

Jay Man is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kman
    Disagree, don't believe in the loading phase IMO. Creatine has it own effect on each person. This thread more people don't like, but in the supplement forum most dudes will throw some creatine in for PCT. I think creatine would help this guy if he eat and trained properly...goodluck bro..;
    If you cycled at 3 months of training your muscles will grow faster than your connective tissue will allow and you will seriously injure youself. Give your body a chance to grow naturally. Consume 1.5-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day. Also, creatine is a great supplement. You will feel it during your workouts as your endurance will increase quite a bit. I take Satur8 Creatine Cocktail. You can find it at most supplement stores. I take it in the AM and 20 minutes before my workouts in the evening. I love it. I never use it during a cycle, I save it for my PCT to get a little extra mental and physical boost if you know what I mean.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Creatine is made out of 3 proteins including arginine, taking creatine is just like taking these proteins and these proteins are the ones most associated with nitrogen retension and other things. Gluteamine is good go take with creatine but its also been shown that arginine combined with creatine cause substantial improvements in the effectiveness of either arginine or creatine. If you are doing protein shakes, you are gettting plenty of gluteamine, after all meat, milk, any protein products are going to be pretty much 50% glutamine right off the top. I would pay closer attention to increasing arginine intake along with the creatine.

t-money is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Creatine is the best thing you can do that is "not a steroid ". The problem with creatine is if you have had caffiene in less then 5 hours before taking the creatine, then your body will pass it and not absorb any of it. Its difficult because so many of us like caffiene. I usually do creatine before bed at midnight because I've cut off the caffiene before sundown so that I can get to sleep when I want to.

Having creatine in your system can prevent you from having catabolism, but then again caffiene is also anti-catabolic so you have to weigh out which half of the day you will do which.

Also in the first 6 months to 1 year of weight training, you should be developing very fast. Typically the first 6 months will get you the most rapid natural development you can get in your life. The rate you develop during this period is very "steroid like", so just train, increase your weights you lift and eat lots of protein, but also make sure you are full of nutrients and vitamins of all types - no deficiencies.

As for steroids, you cant take them until you've had 1.5 to 2 years of natural weight training experience as a minimum. Otherwise you get unbalanced development in muscles where your arm muscles can rip itself from the bone to give you an example so dont do it without advanced training to strengthen up your tendens and muscle attachments to the bone,etc.

AMEN. Wise words bro.

T

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Man
    If you cycled at 3 months of training your muscles will grow faster than your connective tissue will allow and you will seriously injure youself. Give your body a chance to grow naturally. Consume 1.5-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day. Also, creatine is a great supplement. You will feel it during your workouts as your endurance will increase quite a bit. I take Satur8 Creatine Cocktail. You can find it at most supplement stores. I take it in the AM and 20 minutes before my workouts in the evening. I love it. I never use it during a cycle, I save it for my PCT to get a little extra mental and physical boost if you know what I mean.
    I agree with you about cycling it, but read my post,, not loading it, lets say 20 grams the first 3 weeks, IMO that is all crap. By the way I am also using satur8, and loving it, how do you like it?

Jay Man is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kman
    I agree with you about cycling it, but read my post,, not loading it, lets say 20 grams the first 3 weeks, IMO that is all crap. By the way I am also using satur8, and loving it, how do you like it?
    The Satur8 came highly recommended to me by a friend who was a former IFBB pro. I take it with Nitrix and the pumps are sick. I never loaded it, just take it in the AM and before my workouts in the PM.

all information is greatly appreciated guys, will use this information wisely. would like 2 know tho how much water i should b takin through out the day? at the moment im drinkin about 3 litre! shoul it b more? and iv bn told i should take water tablets 2 get rid of any excess water i may b storing elsewhere on my body! is this a waste of time and mony?

another question! if im drinkin excessive amounts of water wont i be just p-issing out the creatine? and isnt drinkin alot of water bad 4u? not sure wot the name is for the condition but av heard it can b nasty!

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    You should be looking to drink 1-2 gallons of water a day. Creatine helps to push more water into the muscle, allowing for easier transport of nutrients needed to make them grow. You should drink more water than usual when on creatine. I have never heard of too much water being dangerous, unless you are drinking 5-6 gallons a day, and good luck doing that.

BTW - unless you are a professional BB do not take diuretics to loose excess water you may be storing.....that's a waste of money.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Good point in NOT having to load up the first week. Take the normal amount cause the body wont absorb all of the loading. Its just a way for the companies to get you to use more of the product.

I just like creatine cause the bigger I look, the better, regardless of water weight or not. If it allows me to retain more water, cool deal. No worries.

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by howells
    just wanted 2 ask if u know how i should take the creatine/ protein in regard 2 a workout? post/pre workout and time scale pre/post workout and how long i should do a cycle for?
    hey, i used creatine n protein while training, gave me some good results, could lift more than before when on creatine, but dont forget to drink loads of water otherwise youll end up with a killer headache.
    u use it for 3 weeks and then ur off 3 weeks,
    the 4 first days u take it 4 times/day (a tea spoon is enough)
    then the rest of the time u take an hour before ur workout and then an hour after ur workout. then ur off for 3 weeks and do the same again =)
    cheers

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    don't waste your time loading... it makes you super bloated and feel like sh1t. What you should use the creatine for is not the immediate jump in size do to bloat... but the more helpful ATP replenishment that will help you with your recovery between sets making you stronger. I only take 5 grams a day but I take 15 grams of glutamine a day. I think that I am going to start taking my creatine PWO when I take my dextrose so I can get the most out of my insulin spike.... but maybe thats wrong I don't know... but if you take 5 grams a day you may not notice it as much but it will be helping bro....

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Bottom line is that creatine is so cheap now a days just use it. IT IS A PROVEN SUPPLEMENT!

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force

TEST ONLY 1ST. CYCLE PREFERABLY TEST ETHANATE (VERY INEXPENSIVE)
    @ 400-500MG (200-250MG 2 TIMES A WEEK.) FOR 10-12 WEEKS

I agree with the fine bros up there...

At 3 months training, creatine certainly won't hurt and it's so cheap nowadays that it's not really worth doing without. Don't even consider steroids for a few years, that would be a real waste of money.

Your first priority (well other than good workouts) is your diet.

Diet is everything. Getting enough protein thru the day sounds easy but it's definetly not. I suggest you check out the Diet forum on this board and learn and use all you can in there. Learn which foods to eat, which to avoid and supplement with protein shakes (as it is quite difficult to get enough protein for bodybuilding on solid food alone, the quantities are just so large).

Red

Thread Information