The Brahma Bull is offline New Member

I caught the flu...Do I stop my cycle

I caught the flu back here friday, and my doc says that I'm gonna have it for at least another 7-10 days. Now I am almost done my cycle, I have about 14 days to go. Question, do I stop my cycle now and take the loss or continue on as planed and hope for the best?
    Thanks a lot.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    i'd keep it up. you're gonna take a hit on weight anyways b/c the flu makes you not wanna eat much, especially if you're throwin up at the time. keep throwin down food as much you can, keep the water intake up too...

The Brahma Bull is offline New Member
    Thanks a lot, thats what I thought I should do, just needed a little reassurance from some other people. I have never got sick while on a cycle before.
    Thanks again

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    No I would not stop, just keep on with your gear, and law off the weights, no it won't make you fat, but it may be kind of a waste of money and gear, but it is not recommended to just stop. I'd maybe take smaller doses, go to the doctor get some antiboitics, or something. When I get the flu it is usually cause I push my body to much, with one ENTIRE day to just lay in the bed and rest, will work wonders for me. Get plenty of rest, OJ, fluids, and dont' work out much cause when you do, you are tearing down your immune system. Lay low for a few days, give your body time to recoop and you will be back in no time. take your time getting back in the gym too, cause you wouldn't want to get a relaps, and make you be out longer. Focus on getting over your sickness... good luck bro.
    BTW, if you need someone to take over your gear should you decide to quit, I can dispose of it properly and free of charge haaa haaa..

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Subjective Response . . .

Keeping in mind that there will be a diversity of opinion on both things I"m about to say, here are my recommendations.

First, yes - stop the cycle. If you're down with the flu, the cycle will not do you a hell of a lot of good if you're not maximizing its effects by working out, lifting, etc. And if you've got the flu, you should not be working out. I know how frustrating that can be, but one of the most challenging things we have to do is listen to our bodies. When you've got the flu, it's time to plant your ass in bed (or at least cease all stressful physical activity) and recuperate; if you continue to lift, not only will you be sloppy at it because you feel like crap, you will end up prolonging your condition, delaying recovery, etc.

You did not mention how long your cycle was, but if you're only losing the final 14 days, it should not be significant in the big picture. Play it safe and recover quickly, then continue to give it a rest for a few extra days before you start lifting again.

Second, get a freakin' flu shot! It's a bit late for it this flu season (and certainly a bit late for you), but pop it on your calendar for next flu season. The most effective time to get the shot is mid-October through mid-November. (Usually the early shots go to people who are older or have chronic conditions like diabetes or AIDS. Younger people generally get the shot when the vaccine supply becomes more plentiful, usually in early to mid November.)

Now, let's save some band width here . . . Whether or not you should get a flu shot has already been debated on the board this year, so let's not do it again, campers. If you want to read various opinions, use the search function and use "flu shot" (in quotes) as your search term. You will see that several people object to flu shots, either on a holistic basis or because they have had reactions to the shots, while others would never think about going without the shot. (Yes, I'm obviously in the second camp. Not to mention that virtually everyone who posted here about getting the flu this season did not have the shot . . . )

Rest up and get well, bro, and don't let the frustration get you down.

P.S. to potentially open a can of worms . . .

Here's an off-the-cuff observation/question . . . This is purely anecdotal, but I seem to sense a corollary between getting the flu and using some Ttokyo products. Is that my imagination, or do some foreign AS seem to almost cause the flu, or at least lessen one's resistance when it comes to fighting off the flu?

solid90062 is offline Member
    Its 14 days, power through it...beside You could all of sudden feel better way b4 your doc expected it

Thread Information