Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Question AAS Medical Uses

So like... what are steroids produced for besides athletes?

I understand some are vetenarian roids for livestock like EQ and Winny - but what about Deca or Primobolan ....

I know D-bol probably is not made to mix in pig chow...

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    bump

Mighty Mike is offline New Member
    Deca is for people with bone weaknesses and artrities...as far as primo i donīt know...

Originally posted by Mighty Mike
    Deca is for people with bone weaknesses and artrities...as far as primo i donīt know...
    I found Deca in a Medical Guide and it said it was basically used for weight gain needed for specific illnesses. I believe it did mention bone treatment as well. And the listed side effects we all know. The medical journal recommended 100-200mg per week to patients.

Primobolan was not listed in it so I stopped looking for some others... ANYONE?

Medically speaking, most ASs are use to treat terminally ill patients, i.e. cancer and AIDS patients. Most pediatric useage is used in treating glandular abnormalities like hypothyroidism.

Cancer? Wouldn't large levels of Testosterone feed Cancer growth? Or are you referring to a certain drug?

Mastiff is offline Member
    Anadrol is used to treat anemia. They use anavar for girls with Turners Syndrome. You know about the Aids patients. Steroids are also used for people with severe burns. They are also prescribed for hypogonadism.

So far:

Anadrol is used to treat anemia.

Anavar for woman with Turners Syndrome.

Deca for weight gain and rehabilitaion.

Some types of steroids have been found to help destroy some types of cancer cells and can make chemotherpy treatment more effective. Two perfect examples are breast cancer and leukemia.

Other clinical uses include treatment of osteoporosis, endometriosis, malnourishment from disease and swelling disorders involving different parts of the body called angioedema.

For the most part, clinical uses focus on tissue rebuilding and anti-catabolic effects.

Looking more for Steriod A is used for Treatment B.

I know what they are generally used for but I would like to know which are used for what... like the above list that is started.

Which one have you found to be helpful for cancer patients? That seems to be unlikely.

Steroids are prescribed along with chemotherpy treatment. They are used to help reduce chemo related sickness and tiredness. These side effects are due to RBCs being desroyed in the bloodstream(anemia) which has been stated above.
    Stanozolol is used to treat aplastic anemia which is when the bone marrow can no longer produce RBCs due to cancer or disease. It is also used in the treatment of osteoporosis.
    Fluoxymesterone(Halotestin ) is used to treat breast cancer and late puberty in males.
    Oxandrolone(Anavar ), oxymetholone(Anadrol ), nandrolone decanoate(Deca ), and methyltestosterone are all used in treating lack of testosterone , osteoporosis, breast cancer, RBC production also, and to start or increase growth and weight gain in underdeveloped males.
    Non-anabolic steroids used to treat cancer patients include cyproterone, buserelin, flutamide, goserelin, megestrol, and formestane. Most of these are taken orally but some require IM or sub-Q injections. Their structure are similiar to ASs and they function by seeking the same receptor sites.
    Warrior, you are correct when you say that large levels of test expidite cancer growth. These non-anabolic drugs find these receptor sites and prevent specific sex hormones, i.e. testosterone and oestrogen, from binding to the receptors. Thus the cancer grows slower or stops growing altoghter.

ulter is offline Associate Member
    If you want a very good review of the clinical uses for AS go to www.anabolicfitness.com and go to the Bjaarki Library and look for the "Shahidi" study. It's very well done.

smalldogbigdogbrain is offline Junior Member
    Im reading that WINSTROL is used for angioedema, can i stack winstrol with test.. And i have never read that so it might not make sense. But it sounds like it could help with allergic reactions to juice.

Quote Originally Posted by smalldogbigdogbrain
    Im reading that WINSTROL is used for angioedema, can i stack winstrol with test.. And i have never read that so it might not make sense. But it sounds like it could help with allergic reactions to juice.
    Congratufukinglations - you just bumped the first thread I ever posted on AnabolicReview

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    i was wondering this the other day, what is the medical use for steroids such as dianabol and anavar ?

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    I've heard of Deca being used for muscular dystrophy, and some forms of anemia.

Quote Originally Posted by map200uk
    i was wondering this the other day, what is the medical use for steroids such as dianabol and anavar?

Dianabol was made for POW's that had been starved to rapidly put weight back on them.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Testosterone for HRT and male depression

I guess we could throw HGH in there as well,for HRT.

HGH to make old people young again so they can play electric guitars and drive convertable sports cars with babes in bikinis.

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    HGH to make old people young again so they can play electric guitars and drive convertable sports cars with babes in bikinis.
    lol

wow never knew about dianabol being for POWs

anyone know info on others such as var?

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Congratufukinglations - you just bumped the first thread I ever posted on AnabolicReview
    ROFLMFAO Warrior

Klossus is offline Associate Member
    lol

wow never knew about dianabol being for POWs

anyone know info on others such as var? - map200uk

yea, read, see posts 7,8,11

In Europe during the 1940's injectable testosterone was used in the German armed forces to increase aggressiveness and stamina, and also in the recovery of undernourished prisoners of war. This was nothing else but crystalline testosterone mixed with water.

Thread Information