Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

got asked to be a source at the gym today(might be a cop), help me out please.....

ive been going to this new gym for about 3 weeks now. its nice, has every single piece of equipment i need plus more, saunas, pools, all that nonsence i dont need. im not the biggest person in the gym but im a good size.im 5'10 205 lbs with a 8% bodyfat, i have chicken legs though.i am all upper body which doesnt bother me much.there are a few guys in there pushing 250+ lbs doing behing the neck military's with 275, bigger than me.

so i was going through my usual back routine today, do my deads, etc etc etc.im all ready to go and i had my head phones on.so i take them off and go inside the bathroom and just throw some water on my face cuzz it feels good.as i walk back out i see someone lookin at me so i say "whatsup" and just keep walkin. i go to grab my stuff and leave and he starts to ask how i got to where i am now. so i explain the diet bull****, training, taking me years blah blah blah and he starts to throw in a discussion about roids and genetics. so i act like i dont know what he's talkin about but i heard him say something like, "ya its almost impossible to bench more than 315 naturally, and deadlift 400", when he saw me an hour ago doing 495 on deads for reps. so i said "where are you trying to go with this?". he says "im just lookin for the good stuff bro". this guy is african american but he's clean cut, in my area theres alot of african americans but few that use good manners and are clean cut. so i was like "i dont know what your talkin about" and i just leave.

should i be worried about this guy?im kinda worried that i might have some cops coming on to me but im not sure if he's a cop.maybe i should have 1 of my friends talk to him about it and act like they dont know me?what should i do fellaz?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Isn't it illegal for a cop to ask you to do something illegal?

entrapment definition – entrapment is where a police officer or other law enforcement officer induces a person to commit a crime that the person wouldn’t have committed otherwise for the purpose of bringing a criminal prosecution against that person

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    probably, but it wouldnt matter if you did it, the cop would be let off and youd get ****ed.

Hey, you can talk to him about gear, anyone can knowing info isnt illegal

just dont sell him any

Froggy is offline Member
    I think you should do leg press burn-outs j/k.
    Anyone who would be that forward with the questions, (IMO), be wary of. Even if its not a cop & probably isn't, he probably has a big mouth.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    warrior, youre right... sort of

entrapment only applies when someone is enticed to do something that they wouldnt normally be inclined to do ... this means that if you are already under suspicion of selling, based on a tip or something... then its no longer deemed entrapment.

i hope that clears things up.

itsallmental... if you have ANY wierd vibes from this guy... DONT DEAL WITH HIM. making a few bucks is not worth spending 5 years in prison.

it just seemed like he was trying to get me to say the word "roids" or give him a price.like he himself didnt say the word roids, his discussion sounded too complicated to be from an everyday person. i had some needles in my truck that i bought from tractor supply a couple weeks ago and i just took them out, incase he got some funny ideas of setting me up outside of the gym driving home somehow.

ive always been under the impression that, an off duty officer has the right to say anything he wants to or has to to make a bust?

yea thats the impression i get, and it's prolly true, as once they get you whatever they did would be excused:|

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sounds suspicious to me, if he asks again tell him
    he needs to eat more nitro-tech.

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    i know quite a few sources who sell directly to cops. personally i dont do anything i'm not comfortable with... no need for excess stress or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    ive always been under the impression that, an off duty officer has the right to say anything he wants to or has to to make a bust?
    I don't think they are ever really "off duty." The "rules" still apply...

But yeah - if you don't know this guy... I wouldn't go any further... the fact that a stranger would walk up to you asking for something he could administer IM into himself sounds like risky behavior...

Fuk - I wouldn't ask anybody I hadn't got to know first... why even put someone in that position? Sounds strange to me...

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Very true, i knew a guy that supplier 4-6 cops of a small town police force including a ex NPC state champ... Cops need sources to you all know that...

Quote Originally Posted by floyd_turbo
    i know quite a few sources who sell directly to cops. personally i dont do anything i'm not comfortable with... no need for excess stress or anything like that.

NATTY is offline Associate Member
    Sounds a little bit sketchy, I'd say why bother, unless you need the money and even then he sounded too forward to me, I wouldnt have the balls to walk up to some rando at the gym and strike up a conversation about juice. But i guess that could just be me, I just prefer to keep it a little more quiet for variuous reasons that I am sure most can appreciate.

Ron Swan is offline New Member
    An officer off-shift is still considered an officer if his activities would lead to an investigation and subsequent criminal prosecution.

An off-shift officer still must conform to the law for an arrest to be valid. An under-cover officer will have more leeway. Under-cover officers are more about collecting information and setting up a raid.

Monstercojones is correct, entrapment is a difficult defense.

ya theres no way im gonna source for anything ever.even my own source is kinda sketchy on who he deals with and i understand that.if this guy comes up to me again, ill just kinda ignore him i guess, the only problem is i have a short temper, and if he starts bothering me and i go buck wild, then oh boy all the people in the gym are gonna see a "roid rage " i guess is what theyre gonna call it. ****, i hate people sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by K$I$N$G$P$I$N
    Sounds suspicious to me, if he asks again tell him
    he needs to eat more nitro-tech.
    lol yea, nitro-tech is what the pros use, as cutler claims

tell him to take nitro tech like theres no tomorrow and he'll be big in no time

Quote Originally Posted by map200uk
    lol yea, nitro-tech is what the pros use, as cutler claims

tell him to take nitro tech like theres no tomorrow and he'll be big in no time

wow, and here i thought it was lots of GH, tren , grams of test, and slin getting them gigantic.

i'll be back later, i gotta run to GNC real quick...

Bigmanottawa is offline New Member
    Why even bother or be worrie do u carrie anything with u ??? or are u planning on selling anything ?? i mean i wouldnt give a rats ass what ppl would be saying or asking !

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Well you don't need to worry about being rushed in on while sitting watching TV or while driving. They need probable cause to do that. If you don't sell to the undercover, if thats what he is, then you are cool. If you don't sell now then don't start, if you are a source for a couple of people I would find someone that can vouch for him. I did 4 years in prison because of a snitch. I brought someone in that I didn't do any checking on and I was driving back from North Jersey doing the speed limit and was coming over the Delaware Memorial Bridge, got pulled over and I asked the cop why he was pulling me over and he said for doing 53 in a 50. So I hit the gas because I had a quarter key of coke in the car and I knew no one gets pulled over for 3 miles over the limit. So anyway my lawyer did a motion for discovery and this little piece of **** that I came to trust was an informant. Then somebody said to me......Oh **** I could of told you that, he got 3 heroin charges and never spent a day in jail.

If I would of asked I would of never got pulled over that day because that piece of **** wouldn't of gotten let in to my circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Well you don't need to worry about being rushed in on while sitting watching TV or while driving. They need probable cause to do that. If you don't sell to the undercover, if thats what he is, then you are cool. If you don't sell now then don't start, if you are a source for a couple of people I would find someone that can vouch for him. I did 4 years in prison because of a snitch. I brought someone in that I didn't do any checking on and I was driving back from North Jersey doing the speed limit and was coming over the Delaware Memorial Bridge, got pulled over and I asked the cop why he was pulling me over and he said for doing 53 in a 50. So I hit the gas because I had a quarter key of coke in the car and I knew no one gets pulled over for 3 miles over the limit. So anyway my lawyer did a motion for discovery and this little piece of **** that I came to trust was an informant. Then somebody said to me......Oh **** I could of told you that, he got 3 heroin charges and never spent a day in jail.

If I would of asked I would of never got pulled over that day because that piece of **** wouldn't of gotten let in to my circle.

im really sorry to hear that bro... i've had some run-ins with snitches myself and the spineless bastards can really ruin your life if you're not careful.

this reminds me of when i couldnt score anything and was desperate.. i am sitting a class of about 20 guys. this is a lecture on vasectomys my health provider makes you take before the snip. anyway this huge ass guy comes in and anyone could tell he juiced. he say next to me and during the question and answer part he brings up a question "will hormone injections have any effect on the surgery" im like yes! I'm going to hit this guy up... after the class i asked him if he could get me anything and he wouldn't even answer im like come on man im desperate, he's like go to mexico... dam what was i thinking? if it wasn't for people i met here i would still be asking people ... i guess the moral of the story is your not always a cop if you ask. btw warrior watch out theres a bird over your shoulder.

I get approached fairly often in the gym as well. Just give him the, "OMG! STERIODS !?!?!! AREN'T THOSE ILLEGAL!?!?!?!?!"

Quote Originally Posted by trailrider38
    btw warrior watch out theres a bird over your shoulder.
    Yeah - she don't bite the hand that feeds her... or at least not in the flesh ripping manner that she attacks her small victims

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    You got arrested for selling recs and you're blaming it on the snitch?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams

Yes, that was the point I was trying to get across.......I thought it was obvious????????

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams

imo selling drugs isnt a moral fault. people are going to get their drugs one way or another. i dont sell them, but that doesnt mean that i think of myself as being better than someone who does.

Quote Originally Posted by monstercojones
    imo selling drugs isnt a moral fault. people are going to get their drugs one way or another. i dont sell them, but that doesnt mean that i think of myself as being better than someone who does.
    Where I'm from it doesn't matter what you do a snitch is a snitch is a snitch is a snitch and a piece of **** is a piece of ****. Plus I don't sell anything now but used cars. Which is probaly worse.

H-BOL is offline Associate Member
    maybe the guy is just a dumbass..

Where I'm from it doesn't matter what you do a snitch is a snitch is a snitch is a snitch and a piece of **** is a piece of ****. Plus I don't sell anything now but used cars. Which is probaly worse.

i feel ya on the used cars bro... i sold electronics for commission until i got fed up and quit yesterday. too many greeedy people out there.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    I would just avoid him and if he does talk to ya bro work him over for info, like he knows everything. I would just use him like he is just a source of info, thats it no chatter about anything illegal unless he brings it up and if he does just pick his brain

agreed, a snitch is the lowest of the low, and that sucks that you did time for him setting u up

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    If he bothers you about it again ask him if he is a cop. If he is a cop he HAS to tell you. If he says no and something happens you get busted, then thats entrapment and everything gets thrown out. Just remember cops can ask anyone anything anytime there is nothing illegal about that. Just be aware of the CI's that the cops use. (Confidential Informants) Anything you say voluntarily can be used against you.

Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    If he bothers you about it again ask him if he is a cop. If he is a cop he HAS to tell you. If he says no and something happens you get busted, then thats entrapment and everything gets thrown out. Just remember cops can ask anyone anything anytime there is nothing illegal about that. Just be aware of the CI's that the cops use. (Confidential Informants) Anything you say voluntarily can be used against you.

That is the biggest misconception in the world. If they are working undercover they are allowed to deny their law enforcement ties to protect themselves. Entrapment is when you are walking down the street minding your business and a cop says hey come here. Let's sell drugs together, then busts you 2 months later. Entrapment hardly ever happens. Probaly almost never.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    So your saying a cop asks me to come sell drugs with him. I ask him if he is a cop and he says no so I do it. Thats not entrapment. See Warrior's post and def of entrapment. I think that falls under the inducing a person to committ a crime that he or she wouldn't normally commit if they knew there was a cop involved and criminal charges would be put against them. Plus I am an attorney and I can dig up case law on it if you guys want.

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Isn't it illegal for a cop to ask you to do something illegal?

entrapment definition – entrapment is where a police officer or other law enforcement officer induces a person to commit a crime that the person wouldn’t have committed otherwise for the purpose of bringing a criminal prosecution against that person
    Exactly bro

So your saying a cop asks me to come sell drugs with him. I ask him if he is a cop and he says no so I do it. Thats not entrapment. See Warrior's post and def of entrapment. I think that falls under the inducing a person to committ a crime that he or she wouldn't normally commit if they knew there was a cop involved and criminal charges would be put against them. Plus I am an attorney and I can dig up case law on it if you guys want.
    EX. I am Tim Pieceof**** I am an undercover police officer. I am copping crack from this drug dealer for 3 months now. So 1 day I get cornered by 4 of his boys and they say hey are you a cop I heard you were. I say no. Do you think with 2 months of confirmed buys that any court in this country is gonna say well you said you weren't a cop. Case dismissed. Go sell more crack, and don't forget to ask your customers are they cops.

If he is "suspected" of selling steroids then the boy in the gym can lie and say no he isn't a cop. It's not rocket science. If you are a lawywer you know the entrapment defense is weak as water. I spent 4 years in prison, I've seen it fail many many times, along with I wasn't read my rights, and they didn't have a search warrant.

EX. I am Tim Pieceof**** I am an undercover police officer. I am copping crack from this drug dealer for 3 months now. So 1 day I get cornered by 4 of his boys and they say hey are you a cop I heard you were. I say no. Do you think with 2 months of confirmed buys that any court in this country is gonna say well you said you weren't a cop. Case dismissed. Go sell more crack, and don't forget to ask your customers are they cops.
    Lets not forget the question that was asked by the person that started this thread... we were never discussing crack heads here...

If someone comes up to you in the gym and says, "Will you sell me some steroids ... some of the good stuff?" "Are you a cop?" "No." And you got Dianabol in your bag... you hand him a handful for 30 bucks - is that a legit bust for the cop? Does that fall under entrapment?

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Lets not forget the question that was asked by the person that started this thread... we were never discussing crack heads here...

If someone comes up to you in the gym and says, "Will you sell me some steroids... some of the good stuff?" "Are you a cop?" "No." And you got Dianabol in your bag... you hand him a handful for 30 bucks - is that a legit bust for the cop? Does that fall under entrapment?
    I say it isn't entrapment if he is suspected of selling steroids . However this suspicion would have to be proven, like with surveilence or CI, or something. Just a one time shot then there is no case.
    This is an important discussion and all veiwpoints need to be discussed because AAS's are really flaring up in the news and I think in the next few years the same things that apply to the crackheads will apply to us.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    If your not sourcing at your gym than frig it dont go there

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think it's a moral fault either. But i do think that if you're going to do it you should accept the risks and if you get caught the blame goes on no one but yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by monstercojones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information