Hooligan is offline Associate Member

The Youngin Clause (..or Why be 21 to use?)

"You should be at least 21 years of age to use PH's, or AS"

I think I've heard this a million times...And have waited thus far, but my question is does anybody actually know why you should wait till around at least 21 before using anabolic aids?

I've always been told: "Blah blah...and you have enough natural test production on your own"... Then I ask why are most people in their late teens / 20-21 smaller than people in their mid twenties... if we have so much **** natural test? Also all the really big people at my gym are mid to late 20's...not in their late teens or early 20's.

So does anyone have any really good insight into this question or know of any recommended reading that will give me a more scientific look at this inquiry? I was told Anabolics 2004 or something like that...? was a good place to look...anyone know of any other good books / articles?

I look at the results of people that really know what they're doing on AS and am just amazed...You older guys really don't know how lucky you are to be of age to "safely" be using AS. I CAN'T WAIT

kronik is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan
    "You should be at least 21 years of age to use PH's, or AS"

I think I've heard this a million times...And have waited thus far, but my question is does anybody actually know why you should wait till around at least 21 before using anabolic aids?

I've always been told: "Blah blah...and you have enough natural test production on your own"... Then I ask why are most people in their late teens / 20-21 smaller than people in their mid twenties... if we have so much **** natural test? Also all the really big people at my gym are mid to late 20's...not in their late teens or early 20's.

So does anyone have any really good insight into this question or know of any recommended reading that will give me a more scientific look at this inquiry? I was told Anabolics 2004 or something like that...? was a good place to look...anyone know of any other good books / articles?

I look at the results of people that really know what they're doing on AS and am just amazed...You older guys really don't know how lucky you are to be of age to "safely" be using AS. I CAN'T WAIT
    21 is considered the age that your groth plates close. AS before plates close can and im most cases cause then to close early hince hindering full body growth.

SKiN is offline Member
    Yet 21 is an average, its like saying what specific age someone will get hair on their balls...

Quote Originally Posted by ToughGuy13
    Yet 21 is an average, its like saying what specific age someone will get hair on their balls...
    Well if you want to chance your growth then take the chance...

SKiN is offline Member
    Its not a chance if you go to the doc and have him do some xrays to see if they are closed

Hooligan is offline Associate Member
    So you're saying that it only affects the height you will grow? Shorter is better for body building IMHO...

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    because until then and perhaps later your hormones are fluctuating. If you add a synthetic test hormone your body may take this as that it never has to produce test ever again. Adding hormones during this time will only increase the risk of permanent endocrine system damage.

Steroids101 is offline Member
    AAS should be safe once the bones quit growing. Theres no way you can really tell when that happens so everyone says 21.

leelee_69 is offline Junior Member
    I have a friend who will be 22 this July but did gear for the first time at age 15, then again at 17, 19 and 21. He's healthy as hell, and HUGE. The guy even did a dbol only cycle at 21, with no nolvadex on hand.

What am I getting at? Anyone would have called him a complete idiot if he mentioned he was going to do it, but it did it anyway and got awesome results. Better than a lot of guys I see who "did everything right". What I'm saying is a lot of this stuff depends on the person and their genetics and to say "never do this", "never do that" is stupid. Didn't Arnold run dbols for 8 weeks? Because his body could handle it. I like how people here are promoting general guidelines, but to talk about all this like there are no exceptions is dumb. Some people grow like weeds on dbol only cycles and no nolvadex. Yeah, it's not recommended, but it is possible. Some people juice at a young age with good results and no problems arising. Not recommended, but it can happn. I think that's important to realize.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    1LIke said above elevating your testosterone levels will harden your growth plates.

2 you should have a good amount of experiance with working out and dieting to acheive your goals with or without steroids . If you can not grow while working out naturally. then you have yet to tap into the type of workouts that promote growth. this must be learned first. Then when you peak out and can go no further naturally, take Gear.

3 You have to have your diet in order before going on steroids, Once again have to learn what it take to promote growth.

4 Young people dont ussually have the ability to handle moods as well as an adult would. Roid Rage is real. Just because you can kick everyones ass dont mean you go around doing it. There is nothing more dangerous than going off on a tangent on someone. Even as an adult steroids can majorly alter your moods. I know this one first hand. My sister had her boyfriend get too rough with her. I have no Idea what this guy was thinking her brother(me ) Is 270lbs. Well I went and beat the living **** out of this guy. I played with him for about 15 minutes. No one could stop me. I sat in jail for two months because of that bull****. He kept coming up to the court house at all my hearings telling the judge not to let me out(reduce bail) because he was afraid for his life.

5 Anyone that would sell drugs of any kind to kids needs his f@ckin head cut off!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Deacon
    because until then and perhaps later your hormones are fluctuating. If you add a synthetic test hormone your body may take this as that it never has to produce test ever again. Adding hormones during this time will only increase the risk of permanent endocrine system damage.
    Thanks DD, was looking for a good thread to show him.

SKiN is offline Member
    DEPENDS ON THE PERSON.... but those are valid points that should be taken into account if someone is around 21.

Anhydro78 - If a person cant handle their mood swings id call them a little girl or have a predisposition being vulnerable to chemical imbalances. My old roommate had some sort of chemical imbalance and it was kind of freaky. One day he was walking around smiling the next night he was trying to slit his wrist. But im sure staying away from alcohol would make a big difference.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Its mainly two reasons, first because you may or may not still be growing. For me, I was X-Rayed to find out if I was still growing in order to get braces a while back and the Doctor told me my growth plates had stopped developing when I was roughly 16, and I'm not short, I'm 5'10. But thats not everyone, some peoples growth plates continue to grow into their early 20s.

Second, most 18 year olds don't have their diet and training down yet and are just beginning to learn the ropes, you don't want to mess around on AAS, you need a solid plan and means to follow thru. You won't have reached your genetic potential yet either, but neither do a lot of older adults when they start so saying that you have to wait is kind of hypocritical for many here.

Theres no proof that I've seen that supports claims that it can mess up your hormones perminently but theres probably no proof denying it either.

The risk is ultimately yours to take, I would without a doubt find out if your growth plates have closed or not before you even consider it though, thats major bro. If they haven't then don't even think about it, if they have, take 6 months to a year to study and then start considering it more seriously.

JoeyJuice is offline Banned
    arnold ran 100 mgs of dbols a day for 20 weeks at a time (he wasent an anadrol lover)

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyJuice
    arnold ran 100 mgs of dbols a day for 20 weeks at a time (he wasent an anadrol lover)

Steroids101 is offline Member
    AAS should be safe once the bones quit growing. Theres no way you can really tell when that happens so everyone says 21.

BigBoi83 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leelee_69
    I have a friend who will be 22 this July but did gear for the first time at age 15, then again at 17, 19 and 21. He's healthy as hell, and HUGE. The guy even did a dbol only cycle at 21, with no nolvadex on hand.

What am I getting at? Anyone would have called him a complete idiot if he mentioned he was going to do it, but it did it anyway and got awesome results. Better than a lot of guys I see who "did everything right". What I'm saying is a lot of this stuff depends on the person and their genetics and to say "never do this", "never do that" is stupid. Didn't Arnold run dbols for 8 weeks? Because his body could handle it. I like how people here are promoting general guidelines, but to talk about all this like there are no exceptions is dumb. Some people grow like weeds on dbol only cycles and no nolvadex. Yeah, it's not recommended, but it is possible. Some people juice at a young age with good results and no problems arising. Not recommended, but it can happn. I think that's important to realize.
    yeah i could technically jump off a 10 story building land on jagged rocks surrounded by aligators and not get a brusie on me but that doesnt mean im gonna gonna try it or should try it

SKiN is offline Member
    I belive that some people are ready to start and some arnt(most arent), it just annoys me when the standard response to anyone who isnt 21 or older is ALWAYS too young... its treated as if it is the minimum legal drinking age.

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    its a debatable topic, the body's biological maturity depends on the person. only way to know for sure is to go to an endocrinologist and get a full check and tell him you want to use.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteyk
    its a debatable topic, the body's biological maturity depends on the person. only way to know for sure is to go to an endocrinologist and get a full check and tell him you want to use.
    i agree... if a younger person really wanted to use AS then going to the endo. would be the safest thing they could do, that way they can find out if there hormones and such were in balance and not all over the charts... HOWEVER many younger people 18-20 would never take the time to do something liek this and would much rather chance it then know for sure...

Thread Information