zibep is offline Junior Member

My doc's advice post cycle

I wanted to run by you guys what my doctor wants me to do post cycle.

I injected 300mg deca /300mg test cyp for 8 weeks. Now I am tapering off, using 200mg of each for 2 weeks, then 100mg of each for 2 weeks.

My doctor suggests that I take HCG beginning when I go to my 100mg injections and take it for 8 weeks 3X a week! I have read in several places that it may be dangerous to take it for so long. I will start Clomid therapy 3 weeks after my last steroid injection.

Is HCG even really necessary? My doctor says that he likes it better than Clomid and has lots of experience with this stuff, so I am inclined to believe him. I will do whatever it takes to maintain as much of the gains as I can.

I want to be sure about my plan now. If the HCG isn't necessary, I'd like to just keep injecting 200mg of Deca/Test for a few more weeks and then do Clomid.

Thanks.

planetx is offline Associate Member
    Bro, just giving my opinion of what I have learned over the past five years. I have had much exposure to AS, to say the least.

Your MD is credible and respected, that is his/her opinion. I will not touch his/her's. Please allow me to give mine. I am certainly not in the minority on this one either.

For this MED and dosage, HCG is not needed. Furthermore, I do not think you will benefit by taking it. If you choose to utilize, limit intake to no more than 21 days, my friend. Will not hurt you if only 21 days, but will not help either, IMO.

Clomid, OTOH, is a must and is essential. Spot on; 3 weeks after last deca inject. "Doc" will not be too keen on Clomid!! Totally against "textbook Medicine" theoretically a man taking a female fertility drug, so yes, standard protocol will call on HCG instead.

Clomid like this: (best investment of any AS cycle)

300mg Day 1
    100mg Day 2- Day 10
    50mg Day 11- Day 17

This will more than satisfactorily restore your "jewels" to full throttle.

Finally, theoretically on paper, tapering may be plausible to some. However, I have been "schooled" that tapering is not necessary at cycles' end as the gear will taper itself. Recall, how your body utilizes any AS day to day....

Again 2 schools of thought; the most recent advocates that tapering is not necessary. Just end at your 300mg wk last shot.

Hope this helps, Regards

planetx

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I took my first 200mg shot last Thursday, however, so I am already tapering. I think I'll call my doc and ask for the Clomid and just do that. I'll take one more 200mg shot and call it a day.

I will say that when I told my doc, "everyone on the boards seems to think HCG is just for long cycles and to be used in the middle" he replied, "Some of those people are so far removed from reality..." Since I want to stay on his good side, I agreed, but it's hard for me to ignore so many posts which say that HCG is unnecessary with a short cycle and Clomid is the way to go. Maybe it's because he doesn't want to prescribe Clomid, who knows.

I would be very interested to hear any other comments.

planetx is offline Associate Member
    Clomid is everywhere bro. Let me know how it goes.

planetx

Txlonghorns is offline New Member
    Im not sure of about this...but I would be willing to suspect that your MD went to the same seminar as I did. This seminar took place in San Francisco and discussed ways to help men restore there natural testosterone production to normal after LONG TERM use of anabolic steroids . The key work here is LONG TERM. The actual case study presented to us was one using a well known former NFL player by the name of Lyle Alzado. Suffice it to say Mr. Alzado is no longer with us, and looking at the data collected over a 2 year period the results were inconclusive. Now if you would like to see these results I have all 5 binders of the information presented to us.

The reason I suspect he went to this seminar is first....there was NEVER any mention of how to treat a patient on AS. Actually AS is forbidden to talk about in medschool...its a voodoo word. So my basic advice to you is to listen to bigkev or MIKE, or one of the more knowledgable people on this board.

The hcg cycle he proposed is not beneficial in any way...but that is just my medical opinion.

big_guy is offline Associate Member
    how bout u ask your doctor how many cycles he's done.. most likely none,.. and most likely your doctor doesn't know that much about AS use.. but that's just my opinion.

i wouldn't use hcg , and just do the clomid...

just my 2 cents.. bg

Who to believe...

When my doctor first said HCG I said, "why does everyone else say just Clomid?", and he replied, "I have seen people come off of steroids hundreds of times. In my experience HCG is much better at getting testosterone levels safely back to normal", something like that.

Now I have yet another problem which is that I have only 200mg of deca and 200mg of test left, and I'm seeing the doctor in 2 weeks. I called in a script for Clomid, and he said he had to see me first. I am definitely leaning toward just doing one more shot with 200 of each and going into his office having not done the HCG like he wanted me to have already started.

It's getting harder and harder for me to ignore the many posts and opinions that go against the doc, when he's the only one with his opinion.

Mr. Africa is offline Junior Member
    HCG is not only of no use after the cycle ,but also it might harm your ability to restore you complete hormonal axis ..o.k it restores you test. level ,but after your sdone by the 8 weeks ??
    you will still have to use clomid,so why the bother..
    i am am medical doctore myself and OFCOURSE we studied so much about hormones including AS ofcourse !!!! together with our courses about male infertility and lots of deseases in which S ,hcg and clomid are used...
    HCG IS ONLY USED DURING THE CYCLE EITHER INTERMITTENTLY
    OR CONTINOUSLY TO KEPP YOUR TESTICLES WORKING OR ATLEAST PREVENT THIER ATROPHY...
    hcg might only used at the end if you already have sever testicular atrophy ,and in this cas only 2 weeks (3X 1500)are very sufficient.

Thread Information