Thread: Finastride?

Beefbody is offline Associate Member

Question Finastride?

I just ordered a 2 month supply of finastride i will be taking 2.5mg everday. I was just curious if anyone on here has used it before and with what kind of results?? how long on an average does it take to notice an improvement in hair regrowth??

detroit is offline Banned
    i have read that taking more than 1.25mg/day of finasteride proves to be ineffective at treating hair loss, if you dig around this site youll find it.

I have been taking propecia for over a year (1mg/day), and im still losing hair, but at a much slower rate. You probably really wont notice its working untill you stop taking it. Do your 2 month supply and notice the hairs in you hand when you shampoo. Then stop for a month and see if there is any difference. Then you'll know if its worth the cost to you...

bowie is offline Member
    finastride blocks dht to slow down hair loss. I've used it and it does work for that purpose. To grow hair you would have to use monoxidil. Together you might have a chance at some regrowth.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Quote Originally Posted by detroit
    i have read that taking more than 1.25mg/day of finasteride proves to be ineffective at treating hair loss, if you dig around this site youll find it.

I have been taking propecia for over a year (1mg/day), and im still losing hair, but at a much slower rate. You probably really wont notice its working untill you stop taking it. Do your 2 month supply and notice the hairs in you hand when you shampoo. Then stop for a month and see if there is any difference. Then you'll know if its worth the cost to you...
    I agree witht the first part about 1.25mg a day max. I don't agree with the 2nd part, everyone will react differently. The one thing to keep in mind is that in large scale fda studies about 83% of people either stopped hair loss or actually regrew hair. My advice would be to give it 6 - 12 months before passing judgement. Definitley do not stop at month 2 unless you are experiencing terrible side effects which are extremely rare. It will need a lot of time for you to see results in your hair since the hair cycle is long. It begins working right away to reduce dht but you must give it time to see cosmetic results. If you are after regrowth add in minoxidil 5% twice daily at the same time.

paperboy is offline Banned
    I thought it was useless to take more than 1 mg a day, which is why propecia is 1 mg, will you get better hair if you take 3mg a day?

detroit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by paperboy
    I thought it was useless to take more than 1 mg a day, which is why propecia is 1 mg, will you get better hair if you take 3mg a day?
    No, just a smaller prostate, and possibly lower sex drive.

sore24/7 is offline Associate Member
    I got good results as far as slowing things down. But not a lot of regrowth. Its been 2 yrs. I think ,believe it or not, it works best with test. because that is what converts to dht. A lot of others convert to something else via alpha 5.

Thread Information