Beefbody is offline Associate Member

Question what is minoxidil?? I have never heard of it!!

I have been refered to use 5% minoxidil twice a day with my finastride for hair regrowth. but is this something i can buy at a research site or is it over the counter, or something to get through a source??
    any help would be great bros.

I believe minoxidil in all concentrations is OTC now. It's a topical AR "blocker"

Da Bull is offline Banned
    . Definition:

Rogaine is a liquid medicine that has the chemical name minoxidil. In the past, minoxidil has been used to lower blood pressure. One of the side effects is hair growth. Because of this finding, the medicine was made available in a liquid form to treat androgenic alopecia, or hair loss.

II. Side effects:

Very little of the medicine is absorbed into the blood stream. It is almost unheard of for Rogaine applied to the scalp to cause a significant drop in blood pressure.
    Sometimes, Rogaine applied to the scalp will cause dryness and irritation.
    There are reports of women who have applied minoxidil to their scalps developing permanent hair on the forehead. This is probably due to small amounts of medicine running off of the scalp onto the forehead. To date, no men have reported this problem.

III. Treatment:

Rogaine comes with several different applicators. Do not use these, as they tend to get more medicine on the hair than on the scalp. Hair is dead, and no amount of Rogaine applied to the hair will make it grow. You need to get the medicine onto the scalp where the living tissue is. Buy a one cc or one ml medicine dropper. Fill it up to the one cc or one ml mark then touch the dropper to the scalp were you want hair to grow. The Rogaine will come out in small amounts wherever you touch the scalp. You need to do this twice a day.
    Once you start with minoxidil, you have to keep using it. If you stop after five years, you will lose all the hair which you grew, and any hair the minoxidil kept you from losing.
    Men can use Rogaine Extra Strength, which grows hair faster and thicker than the regular strength Rogaine.

Im always concerned about losing my hair using AS but my next cycle which will consist of 500mg eq, 600mg test p, ending with 50mg a day of winstrol are these compounds bad for hair loss??? if so will rogaine/finastride help to prevent it or least tame it down..

Da Bull is offline Banned
    EQ and winny are known to be tough on the hairline.

I never had to use those 2 products,so I can't say if they help or not.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    EQ and Winny..Say your last goodbyes to your hair..

Who referred you to use Minoxidil? You can buy it OTC in 2% and 5% in nearly any drug store in the US..Personally, I think the drug is virtually worthless for hair loss..It does retard hair loss in a percentage of users, but it is not going to restore your hairline to the days of youth..It is clinically shown to only have an effect on the top and crown of the head..It does not help slow or regrow hair in your frontal hairline..If you are taking any gear and show a propensity to develop male pattern baldness, then mother nature is going to win the battle..Propecia shows a little more hope, but it isn't a magic bulet for hair loss by any means..

Go to the makers of "Rogaine" and visit their website..They have a lot of information I believe for users of the product..I beleive Upjohn is the manufacturer..
    Doc M

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    EQ and Winny..Say your last goodbyes to your hair..

Who referred you to use Minoxidil? You can buy it OTC in 2% and 5% in nearly any drug store in the US..Personally, I think the drug is virtually worthless for hair loss..It does retard hair loss in a percentage of users, but it is not going to restore your hairline to the days of youth..It is clinically shown to only have an effect on the top and crown of the head..It does not help slow or regrow hair in your frontal hairline..If you are taking any gear and show a propensity to develop male pattern baldness, then mother nature is going to win the battle..Propecia shows a little more hope, but it isn't a magic bulet for hair loss by any means..

Go to the makers of "Rogaine" and visit their website..They have a lot of information I believe for users of the product..I beleive Upjohn is the manufacturer..
    Doc M
    Disagree a little. Agree that it will not move your hairline lower but it has thickend things up for me over my entire head of hair even up front. I think the tests were primarily conducted on the crown and vertex because results are better there for advertising, actually they get better the further back from the hairline. Everyone responds differently but combining it with proscar/propecia are your best chances for regrowth. Propecia/Proscar alone stopped my hairloss and adding minoxidil thickened it up very noticably.

I have not had a problem with EQ/TEST/ or DBOL at all while using proscar/propecia and minoxidil. I am very prone to Male pattern baldness, I would never touch winny, never ever!

sp9
    Here is a great link to hairloss studies including a few on minoxidil: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/resourcelibrary/

I have used 50mg ed of winny tabs for 5 weeks before and did not have hair loss, next cycle i am going with injectable winny because i did not get nothing out of the tabs to brag about. is the injectable winny different though??? my hair line has been receeding for 3 years now and thinning on top of the head but i still have a thick head of hair which makes it unnoticable unless you look for it.

sp9
    oral and injected are the same, a dht derivative that proscar/propecia can not help because they help at the pathway to convert test to dht and winny is already converted.

Basically if you know you are losing hair by your own judgement even though you still say other people can not tell, you are most likely speeding up the process to some degree.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    scott..You are one in a very small group of people that have shown significant regrowth..I do agree that your best battle will be a combination of both drugs..I guess if you are willing to tie yourself to the use of these drugs everyday for the rest of your life, then you may as well go for using the combo..Just keep in mind that any progress that is made, will quickly disappear if the drugs are ceased..

Doc M

Quote Originally Posted by scottp999
    Disagree a little. Agree that it will not move your hairline lower but it has thickend things up for me over my entire head of hair even up front. I think the tests were primarily conducted on the crown and vertex because results are better there for advertising, actually they get better the further back from the hairline. Everyone responds differently but combining it with proscar/propecia are your best chances for regrowth. Propecia/Proscar alone stopped my hairloss and adding minoxidil thickened it up very noticably.

I have not had a problem with EQ/TEST/ or DBOL at all while using proscar/propecia and minoxidil. I am very prone to Male pattern baldness, I would never touch winny, never ever!

Thread Information