JDonne is offline New Member

Can I sterilize a vial with a plastic flip-top on?

I have some gear and want to make sure it is sterile. It has one of those plastic flip-tops. I want to know if the rubber stopper or the plastic flip-top will melt if I put it in the oven at 250 degrees for 15 minutes for a total of 3 times?

Any info would help. thanks!

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    cant say i can speak from experience, but i think it wouldnt be a wise decision, u can pop the top off and put another one on though if u want... is the gear homemade??? what type of gear?

frank_frank is offline Senior Member
    wouldnt the heat have some negative effect on the steroid ??

JDonne is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by floyd_turbo
    cant say i can speak from experience, but i think it wouldnt be a wise decision, u can pop the top off and put another one on though if u want... is the gear homemade??? what type of gear?
    Yes, the gear is homemade. I've just got to make sure it is sterile. I got an infection before and it was hell, so I am more than a little anxious.

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    understandable... be extremely careful when u switch needles, and pre-pin prep. the heat wont harm the gear tho, i'm just thinking in terms of if the rubber melts a little it might be a bitch to draw gear out

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    well to tell you the truth i think the plastic on top will melt....it's like leavin CDs in your car with the windows closed in 90 degree weather....now you tell me if you think it gonna melt.....

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    you have to take the removable plastic lid off. Take a 18g needle and cut the plastic of of the needle. then you have to use the modified pin as a vent. ANd place the needle in the rubber stopper. Make sure the needle doesnt dip down into the oil. place it just above the oil line.

You can not heat up a closed container and expect it not to bust.

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Check your answers to this thread that you started in the laboratory as well. That's where it should be anyways.

Thread Information