RussianVodka is offline Senior Member

Tell your doctor nothing or you will be in trouble

HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania (AP) -- A man who told his doctors that he drinks more than a six-pack of beer per day is now fighting to get his driver's license back because the physicians apparently reported him to the state.

Pennsylvania's transportation agency receives about 40,000 medical reports and revokes 5,000 to 6,000 licenses a year but does not keep any statistics on its reasons for doing so, Nissley said. She also said she did not know how many revocations get appealed.

Pennsylvania is one of six states that require doctors to report motorists with medical conditions that could affect their driving, according to the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators. The other states are California, Delaware, Oregon, Nevada, and New Jersey.

All other states and the District of Columbia allow physicians to submit reports on a voluntary basis.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/07/13/be....ap/index.html

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I think thats terrible advice. IMO its always best to tell your doctor. If they dont know, they wont be able to treat you properly. We all take chances with this ****, you have to be prepared to do what's right. Basically, if you're not prepared to deal with the possible consequences, you should'nt be juicing in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    I think thats terrible advice. IMO its always best to tell your doctor. If they dont know, they wont be able to treat you properly. We all take chances with this ****, you have to be prepared to do what's right. Basically, if you're not prepared to deal with the possible consequences, you should'nt be juicing in the first place.
    symatech, please read my message first. If your doc will decide that roids could affect your driving abilities, you could lost your driver license.
    Yes you have to share what you are doing with your doc, but if you 100% sure it not gonna be recorded and placed in your health history.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    I try to now whats wrong with me before i go to the doctor or at least have a rough idea...use webmd it pretty much is an online doctor that knows everything. So if my problem is due to something i cant tell my doctor about then i can go there, describe my symptoms and act like i'm surprized too.....and if the doc cant figure it out i give him hints from what the website told me.

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    you dont want your insurance to find out about aas, and you dont want any records of your usage in his reports either, so you have to be careful

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg
    you dont want your insurance to find out about aas, and you dont want any records of your usage in his reports either, so you have to be careful
    You are 100% right. I'm telling same words all the time to board's new memebrs.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Well i can tell you that when I had an infection in my leg from prop, I went to the doc and told him everything. the only thing that went on my record was "leg infection." Are you saying you would put your drivers licence above your personal health?

Latimus is offline Banned
    hey drunk...listen...telling your dr that you are on roids could save your life...and what steroid impairs your driving? there is a reason someone who says they drink a ton and drive...gets their licence removed...but for saying you do anabolics...give me, and all the members on this board a fu<kin break...

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    gotta cover ur own azzz or the loose info will hurt u in the long run

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Latimus
    hey drunk...listen...telling your dr that you are on roids could save your life...and what steroid impairs your driving? there is a reason someone who says they drink a ton and drive...gets their licence removed...but for saying you do anabolics...give me, and all the members on this board a fu<kin break...
    Agreed. Maybe I would worry if I were on the recreational drug forum. But I'm not.

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    gotta cover ur own azzz or the loose info will hurt u in the long run
    Agreed as well. You have to be careful. I wouldn't say tell any doctor indiscreminitely but if it's an emergancy situation the doctor has to know what you're doing to yourself.

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    IMO i think going to the doc can all be prevented if you take the proper steril precautions before sticking a pin in your leg, unless of course it's a more serious problem.i mean it all depends i'm sure you could make something up for the abcess excuse,but for serious health probs i would tell them the truth. just save up some money in case you get a abcess and get it treated out of town and pay with cash.

Thread Information