kronik is offline Senior Member

Does no one research anymore???

Now by all means I really have no right posting this thread because I am still very new to the game and learning everyday. It just seems like there are 10-15 new threads started every day that could have answered if the person or persons would just do a little reading before posting. I know this is an educational board perse' but people need to use the search button on the right hand of the screen before they post because alot of threads were covered yesterday and the before and the day before that and so on. Just wanted to get someone else's perspective on this, I may be totally out of line with this thread but I think it needed to be said. It is perfectly fine for someone to post there cycles and have someone critque it. Its just the questions like do I really need to PCT after cycle that burns my ass up. A little reading could have answered that for them. There are a lot of good threads posted everyday and I know some people have seached and couldn't find the answers but then there are the rest of them. Well I ranting know so I guess ill just stop here.

GoodTimeCharlie is offline Junior Member
    Good thread. I hope all my fellow newbies read it.

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    I agree

I know what you're saying. I see it as kind of a slap in the face to those that have taken the time to answer the same questions, in painstaking detail in many cases, over and over again....only to have the very same question asked the next day. A lot of people have taken a lot of time giving great answers to great questions....take advantage of this and use the search function. This will not only help you to answer your immediate questions, but it'll give you the foundation to be able to pose a better, deeper question that isn't so common, which many more people can benefit from.

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    point well taken bro but flaming is prohibited on this board.

Just suppose some newbie posts this Question:

"PLEASE CRTITIQ MY 30 week DBOL only 100mg ED Cycle "

And we were allowed to respond something like

"Listen you FUKIN PEICE OF LAZY **** MORON - We are SICK Of YOU PISSIN ON OUR LEGS with yer DUMBFUKIN QUESTINS THAT COUD HAVE BEEN ANSWERED WITH a SIMEPLe SEARCH."

Those kind of flames would probably reduce the number of stupid posts significantly but then we would soulnd like a bunch of juice heads with roid rage instead of kinder gentler 21st century thinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by kronik
    Now by all means I really have no right posting this thread because I am still very new to the game and learning everyday. It just seems like there are 10-15 new threads started every day that could have answered if the person or persons would just do a little reading before posting. I know this is an educational board perse' but people need to use the search button on the right hand of the screen before they post because alot of threads were covered yesterday and the before and the day before that and so on. Just wanted to get someone else's perspective on this, I may be totally out of line with this thread but I think it needed to be said. It is perfectly fine for someone to post there cycles and have someone critque it. Its just the questions like do I really need to PCT after cycle that burns my ass up. A little reading could have answered that for them. There are a lot of good threads posted everyday and I know some people have seached and couldn't find the answers but then there are the rest of them. Well I ranting know so I guess ill just stop here.

kronik is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanDawg

I knew this post would probably piss some bros off. Im not trying to be an ass or flame anyone but if "this newbie" would have researched he would have known that this cycle would not work. Im not saying not to help them or us out, by all means do whatever it takes to keep someone from doing a bad cycle. Educate him/us and point him/us in the right direction but dont just lay it all there for him/us and make it that easy. Because for his next cycle he will come back wanting another handout with out doing the research that is needed to learn. JMO

This post goes for me too, im pretty sure I will and have posted some questions that could have been answered with a little deeper research.

me too bro - I actually posted a dbol only cycle right after I joined. I appreciate the fact the DB and Einie and Mud etc were realy nice about it and saved my liver.
    If they would have flamed me I might have said **** IT Im doing it anyway

This post goes for me too, im pretty sure I will and have posted some questions that could have been answered with a little deeper research.

robo11 is offline New Member
    consider this also i read threads for 2 days before i asked a question and although i came across a lot of information, a alot of it conflicting i might add. sometimes people just would like some one on one imput about their specific situation. Please remember us NEWBIES come on here and realize what an awsome sight it is we see u guys and for me personally look upto ya'll in a way and i admit ask many stupid and repetitive ?'s but not always out of lack of research.

BUT POINT WELL TAKEN

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Well we see the same questions everyday, but for the newbie it is his first time asking. I think it is a lazy way to get info, but if you tell every newbie to do a search that won't solve the problem because tomorrow someone's gonna ask, how much Dbol should they take for an 8 week Dbol cycle only.
    Doing a search engine on steroids I am sure www.steroid.com pops up first. With the name change I expect to get flooded with lazy questioners. It pisses me off to, but I try to be understanding.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    there will always be different variables that can effect the answer or a question....It is the "can I drink winny" or "this is what I have what should I do" threds that really get to people

Can you drink Winny????????

ColdSore is offline Banned
    good luck trying to change things...people are lazy and always will be...if theres a small chance it might get handed to them on "silver platter"...then they try to get it that way....

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Doing a search engine on steroids I am sure www.steroid.com pops up first. With the name change I expect to get flooded with lazy questioners. It pisses me off to, but I try to be understanding.
    Bingo - AnabolicReview.com and Steroid .com comes up very high... I have even seen it come up on a nonrelated search before. As such, you get a lot of newbie questions. Which is not always a bad thing - lots of room for learning here... but if they start to burry the threads where great replies have already been typed up (which people some times take a lot of time to do)... buried by threads full of the "use the search engine" answers... then they become a real nusance... and a clutter for the search feature... since the threads with the real answers get lost...

Anyway... good post - this is a database driven Web site for a reason... if there were no search feature and threads were deleted every month - EVERYONE would ask for it...

SEARCH AR

BTW... just don't bump really old threads - read the others, than if you still have a quesiton - post a new thread if the previous posts are a bit dated.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Can you drink Winny????????
    Nope

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    good luck trying to change things...people are lazy and always will be...if theres a small chance it might get handed to them on "silver platter"...then they try to get it that way....
    Yep I agree. I've made posts like this before but people just never learn. It's to bad their isnt' an option that won't allow you to post unless you've read a certain amount of threads.

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

flame?

how is he flaming anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanDawg

And we were allowed to respond something like

"Listen you FUKIN PEICE OF LAZY **** MORON - We are SICK Of YOU PISSIN ON OUR LEGS with yer DUMBFUKIN QUESTINS THAT COUD HAVE BEEN ANSWERED WITH a SIMEPLe SEARCH."

Those kind of flames would probably reduce the number of stupid posts significantly but then we would soulnd like a bunch of juice heads with roid rage instead of kinder gentler 21st century thinkers.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DF2003
    I was going to ask the same question????

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

agree

cough cough..great minds think alike!

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    I was going to ask the same question????

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    I agree with people that dont research but this subject on people needing to do research is always a thread on here to that I get tired of seeing.

Austex is offline Member
    If I could guess, I'd say 75% of people who are new to the forums here are also new to the anabolic world. A lack of knowledge and the intriguing desire to know more is where the "stupid" or "annoying" questions come from. It will NEVER end, too many people are mis-informed about AAS. I myself was at one time, and I'm still learning through research and personal experience. You've been there too, and most of us will go through the "ice breaker" of being a newbie...but that's why we are all here...to educate and show the truth about AAS.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think one of the biggest problems with these sites is, There is alot of infromation on them for the experianced person to look up and have good reads.BUt if you are completely new to the game they do not know what they need to look for to read. And when they do try to look stuff up alot info on these sites, it reads in such a way that they cant understand what its talking about.

One thing that would definately help is if they actually did some research, But also if these sites had a group of articles that read like a book, and tought the basic of how hormones play a role in your body and how your hormonal axis works. And all the basics for treating symtoms, A glossery of terms, ect..

When unexperianced people start reading these articles I can imagine( just as I was at one time) they cant understand the terms used ,so how can they do the research needed to do their cycle safely. I think one of the stupidest things is someone taking steroids that havnt a clue as to what they are doing.And it is people like this that give the rest of us a bad name. If you are hungry for information, more power to you. But this is more complex than "hey someone tell me what to take"

Also the amount of Teens on this site is amazing. And no I am not talking about anyone over 18!!!! But do you guys know you have people that are against us reading and surfing these boards all the time. ( Taylor Hotten Foundation) Just looking for posts where some adult is giving a kid advise on his cycle. And do you not think eventually this kind of **** it gonna come back to slap us in the face. ( I know there is a good argument here)

It also might be good for someone to make a frequently asked question article.

No you cant take Deca by iteslf!!! No not at all

Primo is not effective in small doses!!!!

Yes you do have to complete PCT!!

Ect.....

I was not accusing him of flaming

my bad for sounding that way

I was making a point that flaming newbies for these Qs might cut down the ?s but since we cant scream at them for doing it we need to find another way

Quote Originally Posted by DF2003

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    I think one of the biggest problems with these sites is, There is alot of infromation on them for the experianced person to look up and have good reads.BUt if you are completely new to the game they do not know what they need to look for to read. And when they do try to look stuff up alot info on these sites, it reads in such a way that they cant understand what its talking about.
    I understand what you're saying here. however, when a newbie (or anyone) is performing a search and discovers that all of the posts that turn up are Greek to him, that's a big red flag that they're not ready for AAS. There will be a lot of terminology that's unfamiliar at first....that's not such a bad thing...that tells you that you've got some learning to do before starting.

It's the people that have a 10cc syringe in their hand and are typing with the other hand (inevitably in all caps with excessive exclamation marks), "where do I shoot this stuff?". The fact that AAS use isn't so user-friendly is a safety valve. You really do need to research before you begin. There is no "how to" of FAQ that's going to be able to include all the necessary idiosynchrasies that are necessary to know what you're doing.

There are posts where it's clear that no effort has been made to research, and then there are posts that show that some legwork has been done....I'm partial to the latter.

system admin is offline Owner
    Steroid .com does not come up the top 30 pages and anabolic review is on pages 6-20 on most searches. So, i dont think that has ANYTHING to do with the reason the same questions get asked by newbies. I WISH we were at the top of the searches though :-) We might have some money to improve our website

Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    Steroid.com does not come up the top 30 pages and anabolic review is on pages 6-20 on most searches. So, i dont think that has ANYTHING to do with the reason the same questions get asked by newbies. I WISH we were at the top of the searches though :-) We might have some money to improve our website

Well I think alot of people may just put in www.steroid.com or www.steroids.com then Vwala....it works. I do that alot. Especially to for stuff like vitamins, herbs, and naked girls. lol

When the sheriff shows up this is a hot topic IMO. lol

Bigmanottawa is offline New Member
    Why change Anything LOL this is a forum i must remember it's for for ppl to post their own question people can answer if they want if not they can skip it. this is what it's for. find they can do the serch thing doesnt mean it will answer there question exactly! I dunno whats the big deal about people p[osting their own question what if the question the answer as been posted in 2003 and now in 2004 the answer might change someone new might want to add to it !!!!!! i say to all newbie Go ahead and post your Question Freely i mean this is why we have the forum !!!!! this is my 2 cent

system admin is offline Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmanottawa
    Why change Anything LOL this is a forum i must remember it's for for ppl to post their own question people can answer if they want if not they can skip it. this is what it's for. find they can do the serch thing doesnt mean it will answer there question exactly! I dunno whats the big deal about people p[osting their own question what if the question the answer as been posted in 2003 and now in 2004 the answer might change someone new might want to add to it !!!!!! i say to all newbie Go ahead and post your Question Freely i mean this is why we have the forum !!!!! this is my 2 cent
    Here Here!!! Post away!

By the way... we have owned steroid .com and linked it to AnabolicReview for over 3 years now. It has not made an impact like even i thought it would've.

Russ616 is offline Senior Member
    I try not to let that bother me. It is better they ask again than don't ask at all. JMO

Thread Information