Thread: Quad injection

Yoyomanben is offline New Member

Quad injection

Gonna give my glutes a break and hit my quads. Researched spotinjections and poked around my own leg with my finger. Read other posts here advising to stay relaxed, move slow, and keep steady.

Any other pointers would be appreciated guys. There were four different ways on spotinjections. Is the most common, point the pin straight in on the outter/top part of the quad or further around the side? Just want to do it right the first time.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Stay in the meaty area towards the top of the outer thigh. Use no more than a 22 or 23 gauge 1" pin....Do not forget to asperate!!!.....Peace

Noogie is offline New Member
    When you say use no more then a 22-23 guage. Are you saying you shouldnt go smaller? Or dont go any larger then 22-23 guage?

No larger!!

Quote Originally Posted by Noogie
    When you say use no more then a 22-23 guage. Are you saying you shouldnt go smaller? Or dont go any larger then 22-23 guage?
    The main thing is the needle. Do not go over 1". 22 guage has a thin needle.

dragon cycle is offline Junior Member
    yeah hit the upper out side of leg i use 1.5 '' and no problem goes right in 22guage...
    and asperate!!!..... for real..........don't want to inject in to a vein but u won't

Yepper!!

Quote Originally Posted by dragon cycle
    yeah hit the upper out side of leg i use 1.5 '' and no problem goes right in 22guage...
    and asperate!!!..... for real..........don't want to inject in to a vein but u won't
    I used to use those also before I hit a nerve and could not walk for about 15 minutes. Save yourself the scare and get some 1" for legs..shoulders..chest..and bi's.

When you say upper outside, do you mean the outter side of the long quad muscle that runs down the middle (rectus femoris) or the upper part of the outter quad muscle (vastus lateralis)?
    Last edited by Yoyomanben; 06-02-2004 at 08:39 PM.

smalldogbigdogbrain is offline Junior Member
    When i hit my quads i always go slow with the needle and if i feel pain i full it out and try again. I havent hit a vien or nerve that yet, and i use a 1" 23 gauge . 25 gauge needles hurt more if you ask me. You have to push harder on the plunger. Look at the home page for more injection site info.

Here's a pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Quad injection-anatomy_quads2.jpg  

smalldogbigdogbrain is offline Junior Member
    i shot mine just a little lower than that middle arrow. works everytime. I hardly ever feel pain. If i feel pain after going through the layer of skin, i pull out and try again.

Thread Information