musclebrah is offline Junior Member
    What I mean is
    can I do one cycle, gain a few pounds than never cycle again and maintain the new muscle with proper nutrition/training?

Or do I have to keep doing cycles forever until I quit working out?

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclebrah View Post
    What I mean is
    can I do one cycle, gain a few pounds than never cycle again and maintain the new muscle with proper nutrition/training?
    You can..

Quote Originally Posted by kronik420

You can..
    Ok thanks bro

ChiveOn is offline Senior Member
    You can always stop when you want to and maintain pretty well with proper diet and training... That being said if you love the gains and are into the world of AAS in the first place. Who in the hell would want to stop at one cycle lol

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
    You can always stop when you want to and maintain pretty well with proper diet and training... That being said if you love the gains and are into the world of AAS in the first place. Who in the hell would want to stop at one cycle lol
    Well put. That's were some people have to be careful. Like me and for mew at my age and other factors I dont want to get off cycle. But I am me and my body is old . But for the newcomer just know what your getting into. I look at it as loosing your virginity, once you do and you like it well why not again and again. Be cool and study up ...crazy mike

Hukebuck is offline Junior Member
    I only wanted to do one but after i saw the gains i saw after my first ha im bout to start my third. But yeah you can i kept all but 5lbs after my first cycle but i had to up my food intake and stick with my work out but usually after you see the gains (if you do it right/ food and training) then like said above why would you. When i started i wanted to be 185 now i want to get to 200

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik420

You can..
    But.....WHY?!

-TroN-

Yea I get what u guys are saying

Twin is offline Associate Member
    As long as you dont past your genetic potential then you can. if you cycle past your body's genetic muscular limit you will lose the size/gains till your back at your genetic max limit no matter how perfect you train/diet.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twin View Post
    As long as you dont past your genetic potential then you can. if you cycle past your body's genetic muscular limit you will lose the size/gains till your back at your genetic max limit no matter how perfect you train/diet.
    What he said.

For example, if you're average height, say 5'10" or so and hold around 220-230lbs with single digit body fat when on gear, unless you are a genetic anomaly there's no way you're going to maintain that without gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalject

What he said.

For example, if you're average height, say 5'10" or so and hold around 220-230lbs with single digit body fat when on gear, unless you are a genetic anomaly there's no way you're going to maintain that without gear.
    Ohhh so if I PASS my genetic limit on cycle I have to keep cycling to maintain the extra muscle so then there's no point in doing one cycle is there ?
    I have to keep doing cycles until I quit lifting wow then I don't think this Is for me bro..

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclebrah View Post
    Ohhh so if I PASS my genetic limit on cycle I have to keep cycling to maintain the extra muscle so then there's no point in doing one cycle is there ?
    I have to keep doing cycles until I quit lifting wow then I don't think this Is for me bro..
    Pretty much. In order to maintain what you have you have to keep doing what got you there. Maybe a slight oversimplification but not by much.

If you're like most guys, if you run a cycle you'll want more. It's like eating dirt your whole life (for the sake of the example pretend dirt is the only thing you know about) and then one day you get to eat steak for an entire week. The next week someone says "hey, would you like to eat some dirt?" At one time you were fine with dirt but now that you're aware of what else is out there dirt doesn't sound too appealing any more. This isn't to say if you run a cycle you will automatically run another and continually so. I know some guys who have done 1-2 cycles in their life and that's it. For whatever reason it wasn't important to them, they just lost interest, but a lot of guys want more.

Another note...consider pro bodybuilders, once they retire they often shrink to much smaller versions. True, they may not be training or eating like they did but they're sure not maintaining that previous level of mass and conditioning. There are two pro's who I've known for years, good friends and both come off everything every year after the Olympia for 3 months give or take a week or two. Both take a little time off from training as well, at least 2wks if not a month give or take. From there both start training again but never get back to even close to where they were until the gear comes back into play. It's almost mind blowing how much size they lose once they're off everything. Granted, they're still much bigger and in better shape than the average guy, they have better than average genetics, and granted, we're only talking about a couple of months off but I think you get the point.

Thread Information