NJou812 is offline Associate Member

Thumbs down Lost most of gains

Hey Gents,
    Back to the board after a few months away. Finished a great mass cycle of Test/Deca /D-bol last fall and put on 35lbs! (alot of bloat though). I went from 155lbs to 185lbs, and I had been training for 8 years natural prior to that.
    That said, I think a made a critical error in my PCT over the last months. I'm down to 165lbs now (lost 20lbs since I came off AS). I'm trying to account for what happened (I had good PCT of Clomid 300/100/50 and 20mg Nolve/ed for 30 days)

Factors:
    1. Trained a bit less so I didn't over train
    2. Cut my calories slowly from 3500 when on to 2600 when off (15 calories/lb of Body wieght) . By my figures, I should have stayed above 170lbs with that calorie intake????

I'm looking at a second cycle but want to try and keep as much as possible. It was VERY depressing losing 20lbs of the 30lbs I gained.
    Please let me know your advice on a good cycle that I can keep gains on as well as good PCT advice, apparently I need it.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NJou812
    Hey Gents,
    Back to the board after a few months away. Finished a great mass cycle of Test/Deca /D-bol last fall and put on 35lbs! (alot of bloat though). I went from 155lbs to 185lbs, and I had been training for 8 years natural prior to that.
    That said, I think a made a critical error in my PCT over the last months. I'm down to 165lbs now (lost 20lbs since I came off AS). I'm trying to account for what happened (I had good PCT of Clomid 300/100/50 and 20mg Nolve/ed for 30 days)

Factors:
    2. Cut my calories slowly from 3500 when on to 2600 when off (15 calories/lb of Body wieght) . By my figures, I should have stayed above 170lbs with that calorie intake????

I'm looking at a second cycle but want to try and keep as much as possible. It was VERY depressing losing 20lbs of the 30lbs I gained.
    Please let me know your advice on a good cycle that I can keep gains on as well as good PCT advice, apparently I need it.
    bump for info

Soup is offline Associate Member
    during your PCT don't you want to keep your calories as high as when on gear?

moush is offline Senior Member
    yea bro ur cals should be as high when you were on gear or higher. Dont try to cut up during PCT, do that after!

madmaniac is offline Junior Member
    have you lost any strength? without the use of arimidex you will put on alot of water. deca makes you hold water too.

you seemed to have done everything right. go get some arimidex or letro for your next cycle. that way you will only gain 15lbs and lose 5lbs.

Russ616 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NJou812
    Hey Gents,

Factors:

There are so many factors to losing after a cycle. How long did you run the cycle and what was the doses. Need to keep cals high during pct. Make sure not to over train and get plenty of sleep. Try to keep protein at 1.5 per lbs of body weight... When you see a decline of more than 5-6lbs make sure to take actions. At that point you need to change your cal/carb and or protein intake to compensate. Make sure to monitor your weight daily when coming off...THis is very important. I also recommend running Trib and l-dex during pct. Not to say that this would have made all the difference but it does help. No-one should loose 20lbs after a cycle. Keep us posted on your next cycle...

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Russ i would refute the use of ldex during PCT. Swale said this over at s'ology.

"I like Arimidex during the cycle (in fact, consider use of an AI while taking aromatisables a necessity) but it ABSOLUTELY should not be used post cycle (even though it has been shown to increase LH production) because the risk of driving estrogen too low, and therefore further damaging an already compromised Lipid Profile, is too great (this also drives libido back into the ground—and we don’t want that, do we?)."

Swales a physician of somesort.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    2600 is my maintananance calories at 150 lbs. maybe that explains it. I'm 180 now, and i need 3400 just to maintain.

Also, because deca has some very long lasting metabolites that can be suppressive on your system, it's better to run clomid/nolva for an extra week. hope this helps you prevent the same mistake next time.

Thread Information