Thread: Blood Work

ScottyJ is offline Associate Member

Blood Work

Hey guys Im ready to make the dive. Im planning on running an 8 week papervar cycle at 30-40mg/day. I wanted to get my levels checked before though to see if everything is normal then get it checked later on in the cycle to see if anythings changed. I just wanted to know what levels I should have checked. If anyone knows a thing or two about blood work let me know. Also what are some sups I should take durring the cycle to protect myself. Thanks.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    You should get your:
    HDL
    LDL
    Total Cholesterol
    Triglycerides
    VLDL
    AST (SGOT)
    ALT (SGPT)
    BUN
    CREATININE
    BILIRUBIN
    WBC
    RBC
    HGB
    Thats what I get checked before and after a cycle. Just got mine done for my upcoming cycle starting the 10th.

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    This may sound really stupid but how do you get all of that checked?! If i go to my doctors and ask for all these tests wont he think something is up?

Well my doctor knows whats up. I have one doctor just for this stuff, and my family doc for the normal stuff.

I never see the family doc by the way.

bjayg is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by map200uk
    This may sound really stupid but how do you get all of that checked?! If i go to my doctors and ask for all these tests wont he think something is up?
    tell him what your doing it should all be confidential. my doc knows every move I make and often has good advice and tips for me.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by map200uk

No, not at all. People ask all the time to see those things just so they can know whats going on in their body, if they have some problem that isn't showing symptoms like High Cholestrol, for example.

ScottyJ is offline Associate Member
    all that for just var?

My health is my primary concern first always. I say yes all of them for just Var.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Just tell the Doctor you want a:

CBC with Differential/Platelet..Tell him you are just checking things out to make sure you are in good health..It shouldn't go beyond that unless you want it to..He will more then likely just send you down to the lab to have a lab tech do the workup..I really don't think the Anavar will make the readings vary too much..

Doc M

Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    Just tell the Doctor you want a:

CBC with Differential/Platelet..Tell him you are just checking things out to make sure you are in good health..It shouldn't go beyond that unless you want it to..He will more then likely just send you down to the lab to have a lab tech do the workup..I really don't think the Anavar will make the readings vary too much..

Doc M
    Me personally I want to know my liver values and to know where I am at on the HDL/LDL ratio, not to mention keeping an eye on my kidneys. CBC isn't enough for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Me personally I want to know my liver values and to know where I am at on the HDL/LDL ratio, not to mention keeping an eye on my kidneys. CBC isn't enough for me personally.
    That test should include AST and ALT readings along with a complete Total Cholesterol level unless your particular lab does not include this in the CBC with Differential/Platelet series..I send patients for this workup several times per week and this is always included..

Doc M

Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    That test should include AST and ALT readings along with a complete Total Cholesterol level unless your particular lab does not include this in the CBC with Differential/Platelet series..I send patients for this workup several times per week and this is always included..

Doc M
    You got a PM.

Here is a sample of what our lab test for when we send patients down..

CBC/Chemistry panel that includes glucose, cholesterol
    triglycerides and indicators of liver and kidney function

Thread Information