leelee_69 is offline Junior Member

Steroids and health.

I think cycling is probably unhealthy...

...but I would think that lunch at McDonald's everyday or drinking every weekend is far worse.

Am I right? Where do steroids rank on the spectrum of ill health effects?

I would love to trust research papers or medical sources but they all try to push their propaganda. Some reports back in the day even went so far as to say steroids don't work - LOL.

Any comments?

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Well a steroid is nothing more than a sexual hormone. However a big part of the problem lies in that sexual hormones are made of cholesterol. So over abuse of hormones rapidly accelerates the arteriosclerosis process. That is why I am always "preaching" get blood work. If the HDL, LDL, Triglyceride, and VLDL ratios get out of wack then thats when the trouble starts. I just got lab work done, If my HDL is lower than 40, I will hold up on cycling and go on mega-doses of Niacin till it gets up to where I need it to be. Idealistically it should be 60 or higher, but under 40 is when trouble starts.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Steriods definitely work, 2months and 12 pounds of extra muscle later, I can attest to that. But there are health risks from raised blood pressure, heart rate to lowering of HDL, high LDL and high triglycerides. There are risks for sure but that is why we cycle to do a cycle with the lest amount of risks for a short period and than stopping and letting your body get back to normal again...

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    i'm gonna go out on a limb and say more deaths are caused from cigarrettes and alcohol...just a guess though

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    i'm gonna go out on a limb and say more deaths are caused from cigarrettes and alcohol...just a guess though
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural

Cigarettes and alcohol are completely safe. Why do you think they are legal and Pro-Hormones aren't. You must not believe our government has our best interests at heart.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Cigarettes and alcohol are completely safe. Why do you think they are legal and Pro-Hormones aren't. You must not believe our government has our best interests at heart.
    oh for sure....i know lobbyist lining the pockets of politicians doesn't happen at all when voting takes place....hmmm, is RJ Reynolds or Budweiser a large corporation? complete hypocricy in my mind

depdaddy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    thats right those bastards passed the law today..better run to gnc today and clean the shelves..protein bars are next our government always has our best at heart..starting next year im sure you can get pro-hormones with a dr script that way our government can get a nice cut back
    dep

Quote Originally Posted by depdaddy
    thats right those bastards passed the law today..better run to gnc today and clean the shelves..protein bars are next our government always has our best at heart..starting next year im sure you can get pro-hormones with a dr script that way our government can get a nice cut back
    dep
    I heard there is a bill in Congress to ban Chicken Breasts and Tuna fish.

beefydragon is offline Member
    cigarettes causes lung and gum cancer
    alcohol causes liver cancer
    steroids causes kidney and liver cancer
    tanning causes skin cancer
    many things surrounding us have the potential of causing us harm...
    so the thing is, you must make a decision and weigh on the pros and cons of each thing you take or consume...

Thread Information