2timer is offline Senior Member

How to overcome addiction?

This question has been bothering me for a while. When I did my first cycle I promised myself it would be my last. However right now I am about to do my thrid cycle! I am scared am I addicted? I have written everywhere in my room that this is my last cycle ever but roids are chemical and just like horein and other drugs it is addictive. However with roids it's more mentally then physically. I am hopeing anyone has any suggestion how to overcome the mental addiction! Can creatine and protein be like my nicotine patch? Guys I wanna see my grand kids!

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, i think with only 3 cycles under ur belt u'll see ur grand kids. Buuut i do understand where ur coming from. I also said i was only going to do 1 cycle. Well i just finished my 2nd and im already planiing my 3rd... I think its pretty much all mental with AS and being addicted. Its not like ur body craves AS when ur not cycling. Maybe in ur head u are but ur body is not wanting it like coke or herion. I think if u keep urself busy and workout hard u'll get over the mindset u need AS. JMHO

OG

Matt Foley is offline Member
    i think steroids are extremely addictive to some and theres no such thing as SA (steroids anonymous) but its a good question tho ask yourself , i ask myself the same question.i believe if your personality is an addictive one you have other addictions as well that you may not realize.AAS being illegal only adds to the obsession for some people.the best answer i can give you is to change your passions to something else that takes your time, that you love.ask yourself why do you love steriods ,its a dangerous game your playing.give yourself a break and do other things you like,simple.

MF

mammoth is offline Member
    I have never heard of steroids being physically addictive like narcotics. I can understand though how they would be mentally addictive. I am curious as to whether or not they can be physically addictive.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    It's all in your head. Mental addiction is comen among bbers when it comes to steroids . "Just put all your focus on your diet and lifting instead of the sticking" is what a buddy once told me. Like with me when I'm not cycling I'm taking everything under the sun when it comes to supplements. Say most andro products...yeah they don't work for the most part but to me it's just the mental aspect of taking "something" to help with my strength. Just decide to come off and to quit and stick with it day to day. As my counselor told me to deal with my addiction to alcohol.....don't think of tomorrow or the next day, just focus on today. Good luck to ya bro!!!

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    gosh, i think this thread needs elaboration...steroids are definately addictive, just because YOU have seen no symptoms or your buddies havnt' doesn't exclude the possability, its not 'all in your mind', i used to think the same thing about people with depression although 1 thing has nothing to do with another neither are 'all in your mind'...is alcoholism 'all in your mind'...? hell no, some people are more suceptable to addiction than others, its a proven fact, and a genetic weakness that some people have inherited...thats why some people can quit smoking cold turkey or some can never quit, same can be said for steroids...PHYSICALLY is not addictive, but psychologically i have no doubt, just not in every individual just as smoking is not incredibly addictive to every individual...

2timer is offline Senior Member

thanx for the replies!

Yes, thats exactly how I feel I need something maybe I will try andro next time to get over the hump! thanx for the replies. I like you guys view on this matter!

Kelvin is offline Junior Member

Obsession

Good Thread!! This is my 1st cycle and so far it's been great. I have gained 25 lbs so far. The only thing about it I don't like is that I am obsessed with my body. Am I growing? Am I too small? .. etc. Right now, mentally I am driving myself crazy. I can't stand it sometimes. I'm a little scared of what is going to happen mentally when I get off. Anyone feel like this?

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin
    Good Thread!! This is my 1st cycle and so far it's been great. I have gained 25 lbs so far. The only thing about it I don't like is that I am obsessed with my body. Am I growing? Am I too small? .. etc. Right now, mentally I am driving myself crazy. I can't stand it sometimes. I'm a little scared of what is going to happen mentally when I get off. Anyone feel like this?
    You'll get tired of looking at yourself in the mirror 20x's a day after a while and it will slowly go down to 5 or 6 a day. Theres definitely a let down when you get off of the juice. You just need to learn to refocus on say, trying new lifts, taking supplements, your diet and intensity in the gym and just accepting the fact that you are going to loose some size and strength when you come off the cycle. But you can welcome the fact your bp will be normal again, you'll have an easier time with cardio, et.....

Thanks for the info. I'm already tired of the mirror thing. How about this one. Asking everyone if I have grown.lol The plan is to get to 200lbs and then drop back to 185 lbs. I have a way to go.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    even at 270lbs I still feel too small.LOL if you really want to not do steroids anymore.

E-mail your sources and tell them "they are ****ed you are under cover DEA" That will stop that ****.

Then go to the gym and hit the guy thats sells roids there with a 25lb plate. He might or might not kick your ass but he will no longer hook you up.

Then anyone that mentions the **** punch them!!!!!!!

Then your all set no more gear for you!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    even at 270lbs I still feel too small.LOL if you really want to not do steroids anymore.

E-mail your sources and tell them "they are ****ed you are under cover DEA" That will stop that ****.

Then go to the gym and hit the guy thats sells roids there with a 25lb plate. He might or might not kick your ass but he will no longer hook you up.

Then anyone that mentions the **** punch them!!!!!!!

Then your all set no more gear for you!!!!!!!!
    Funny but true! However, I don't want to stop using AS. I was talking more about being obsessed with oneself that comes with taking AS (or does it come with it?).

I am glad to hear that at 270 lbs. (WOW!!!!!) you still feel small. I really needed to hear that. I don't feel like such a space alien anymore.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Th cure to any addiction is abstinence. I quit smoking, drinking, weed, and a percocet addiction. You have to make a decision to stop, admit it is gonna be hard, and not use whatever you are quittting no matter what.

Thread Information