Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasFitnessGirl
    Just wanted you to know I think that this thread is very contributory. I am going to look it over and see what the training partner thinks. I would really like to try it. The stretching interests me, I have been reading about the benefits of Yoga and I think there is something to stretching and building mass. Just wanted to say thanks for the post.
    i have princess do the r/p sets for incline/flat bench presses, and also the rack chins and rack deads...she likes it....i dont think she actually knows what its called but she does it

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    i have princess do the r/p sets for incline/flat bench presses, and also the rack chins and rack deads...she likes it....i dont think she actually knows what its called but she does it
    I do chest press pauses and they always kick my ass so I am really looking into changing up the routine just to try it out...

Thanks again!

Doggcrapp is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    I ain't Coldstone, but I can answer your question. There are a couple of reasons why you want to stop with this "arbitrary number." First, you still need to complete a static hold. The longer you continue to do RP sets, the more fatigued you will be, and at some point...I assure you failure will be an issue. In all likelihood, your first set of 1 rep will be the last time you can get the weight once and still complete a 6-8 second negative. You complete this negative on the last rep of every "mini-set." On the other reps, you use a controlled 3-4 second negative until you fail to lift the weight. When you fail, your spotter helps you get the weight to the top, and the 8 second negative is on you!

Imagine pushing this thing for more sets. You are completely missing an entire facet of this training....recovery. The point of using low volume is so you recover faster and can hit that muscle again. You will work the muscle more times in a 52 week period than you ever could using volume training. The reason you are able to accomplish this.....low volume. By adding volume, you are increasing recovery time. "Adding volume," you quip, "I am not adding volume...only a couple more reps." This is where you are wrong. You are adding sets. The fact that you can only get one rep and you fail has no impact on set count...it is a set, and is still more volume.
    Don't get me wrong, I am not speaking for Dante..I am speaking based on my understanding of his principles.

Perhaps, we can get IH to come in here for any additional questions. It seems like Dante is a bit busy lately...training people to be giants.
    Couldnt of said it better myself.

ttuPrincess Guest
    pretty sure your wrong homo!

and TFG.. try pilates.. really a great way to stretch and get a good workout at the same time.. make sure where ever your taking from allows you to incorporate 5 /10 lbs weights in your class once your ready... PM for more info on pilates.. there is a lady in your area who is wonerful!!!!!!

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    pretty sure your wrong homo!

and TFG.. try pilates.. really a great way to stretch and get a good workout at the same time.. make sure where ever your taking from allows you to incorporate 5 /10 lbs weights in your class once your ready... PM for more info on pilates.. there is a lady in your area who is wonerful!!!!!!
    I do some of the pilates stuff on my own, but I don't know much about it. Are you doing a class separate or incorporate it into your wkout??? I'll just PM ya!!!! Thanks a bunch.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    "Back Thickness: I like over grip bent over rows, rack deadlifts, floor deadlifts, and T bar rows using a barbell in a corner and using the pulley handle from a seated row around it (and using multiple 25's or 35's instead of 45's to increase the range of motion)—I’m not a fan of t-bar rows with the pad on the chest
    apparatus--with heavy weights your lungs go out before your back does."

Does someone have a pic of this ?
    using the pulley handle from a seated row

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    Mon- back/bi's
    Tues- Chest/Tris
    wed- off
    Thursday- legs
    Friday- shoulders/traps/forearms
    sat and sunday off
    repeat...
    isnt that just a "normal" workout... hitting everybody part just once a week? I thought the goal of this workout was to hit everybody part more then just once every 7 days?

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Consistency
    isnt that just a "normal" workout... hitting everybody part just once a week? I thought the goal of this workout was to hit everybody part more then just once every 7 days?
    yes...but i wouldnt feel completely recovered in the the split DC has layed out in his various treads across the boards...and as ive seen alot of people overtrain also....

like i said earlier...i do not pay for his services...but i do incorporate alot of his principles into my routine...and if its not DC training, im doing "power building"...which still follows one of DC's principles..."bigger weights make bigger people"...

so in a nut shell ive taken exercises that he has his traines do for various body parts, taken the r/p sets, static holds, 20 reppers, stretching, eating/diet principles and other parts and incorporated them into..."coldstone training"...and a split that i feel works great for my schedule, and allows plenty of recovery time...and its been working pretty well...and i dont seem to ever stay stagnet anymore...

If your interested in what i do ill be more than willing to go into more details in PM's or another thread...i dont wanna hijack what this is here for..and thats dc training

In-Human is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsDeity
    Does someone have a pic of this ?
    using the pulley handle from a seated row
    I know you have done Close Grip Pulldowns on the cables, use that handle, a V handle, you can put a BB in the corner or do like I do and place it against any machine that has a metal cross piece on the floor, place a DB on the end over the collar next to the wall or machine, place the V handle just behind the collar on the other end, load up 25s on the collar where your V handle is, and start rowing, keep your back straight, legs bent, bring the handle up to your chest...

from what ive learned, his program isnt all about the "rest pause"...more of it is based on that **** log book, and the stretching...and of course alot of recovery and eating
    Well to tell you the truth, its all about rest/pause, this is what makes us huge, the explosive positives, controlled negatives and the super slow negatives with a static rep to boot after the workset is completed, this is DC training...

moush is offline Senior Member
    I need some help with the stretches. Do you do them for every exercise every time you workout? Or are there certain muscles that you do stretches for? I am looking to do the Mon, Wed, Fri, Mon workout I just need some clarification on the stretches and I am good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by moush
    I need some help with the stretches. Do you do them for every exercise every time you workout? Or are there certain muscles that you do stretches for? I am looking to do the Mon, Wed, Fri, Mon workout I just need some clarification on the stretches and I am good to go.
    There are stretches for chest, shoulder, tri, bi, ham, quad and back. Yes you do them every workout after your worksets are complete...

after the whole workout or right after you finish that certain movement?

after the whole workout or right after you finish that certain movement?
    If you like you can do say chest/shoulder/tri worksets then do all three stretches together, and the same for ham/quad, but I like to do them directly after my workset and static stretch for each exercise, I feel like I get more out of them that way...

so you would do chest lets say, do our static hold then right after do the stretch for one set for about 60 seconds.....then you move on and do your next exercise...tris and do the same.....am i right

^^^^^^

so you would do chest lets say, do our static hold then right after do the stretch for one set for about 60 seconds.....then you move on and do your next exercise...tris and do the same.....am i right
    You are correct with chest, but tri we do not do a static hold, do your workset and move right into the stretch...

ok gotcha thanks for the clarifications

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    great post, long read

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information