big_mike is offline Member

Elbow pains are unbearable, what to do?

Well fellas,
    im on my last week of my cycle and it has come down to this. My elbows (both of them) are killing me from the area of the tendons, around the elbow. I can't bench press, or do much of any tricep excercise. What should I do?? It has been progressively getting worse day after day, and yesterday while at the gym I simply called it quits for the day. Do you guys suggest I take a week or so off from the gym?? If so, will this impact the end of my cycle??
    any suggestion will be appreciated. Im just stuck on what I should do.

I'm feeling for you. Yesterday I squatted and got the worst elbow pains i've ever had. I made the mistake of bench pressing heavy the day before. It was some of the most intense pain i've ever felt in my life. I layed on the floor for 15 minutes after my last set of squats. The only solution I know of is time off. Avoid extremely heavy exercises or things like skullcrushers that really put pressure on your elbows. I do hope you get to feeling better,because the pain is unbearable.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    You need at least a week off, maybe 2. But that gives you a rare opportunity.......to really concentrate on legs and claves! Nothing bad can come of you bustin your ass with some squats and such. We could all use a little work on our legs......use this time wisely.

Dont forget the glucosamine...not only now that your hurt, but all of the time!

Good luck,

D

Froggy is offline Member
    From my experience, you will have to rest them. Try applying some "mineral ice" type ointment at night.

Froggy is offline Member
    Also Bro; I had some left elbow pain a while back & it was really screwing up my routine. I discovered that at night, while sleeping, I was hanging my arm over the side of the bed and hyperextending it. I fixed that & it fixed my problem. Just my experience...Good Luck.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Are you cycling right now? Winny or something?

promiscio is offline Member
    This has happened to me b4. Your muscles have been growing faster than your body can compensate. I dropped down to a low weight and high reps for a few weeks and it went away/

same situation bro, ****in elbow aches and pains ****ing for the last few days... i had to leave the ****in gym today, before i had a rage.. but i think i might give it a few day break maybe that will do the trick.. glad im not the only person in this situation.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    I have bad elbows since I was a kid. Try less weight, but definitely take some time off. Id say wait until you finish your cycle, and instead of doing heavy exercises for tris/chest, try to do something that wont affect them that much.

qccat is offline Associate Member
    ice, ice, ice, and def stay away from skullcrushers like pimp said, and man take some time off, youve been working really hard it sounds like, so give yourself a much needed rest

big_mike is offline Member
    I would like to thank everyone who replied on this thread for their responses to my problem. Reasons like this that I love this board. You guys are the best. Good to know that this is an occuring problem in most lifters. I guess i'll take a week or two off from working my tris and my chest. Instead, i'll concentrate on my hams, quads, and most importantly my calves. Thanks again bros.

palequail is offline Banned
    Take some time off..and you know what will help: it sounds gay but Neopreans on your elbow...If you don't want people to see them just wear a long sleeve shirt...it keeps the tendons warm.

djboots is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big_mike
    Well fellas,
    im on my last week of my cycle and it has come down to this. My elbows (both of them) are killing me from the area of the tendons, around the elbow. I can't bench press, or do much of any tricep excercise. What should I do?? It has been progressively getting worse day after day, and yesterday while at the gym I simply called it quits for the day. Do you guys suggest I take a week or so off from the gym?? If so, will this impact the end of my cycle??
    any suggestion will be appreciated. Im just stuck on what I should do.
    oh my god, i'm not the olny one my left elbow herts so bad i cant do any
    chest and its the end of my cycle and i hate it, i feel for you big time. it olny herts when i push out so i just started to hit legs and back and rest on the chest and shoulders. i guess we just over trained and have to chill for a while

MyBodyIsMyTemple is offline Associate Member
    You got some great advice for everyone already, i agree take a few days off at least, then do light basic movements for a while and take it slow before you go back to full strength.

I see you've gained 31 pounds so your strength gains must be thru the roof, this is likely the new stress you are giving your elbows and joints

i have a nagging shoulder pain that comes and goes, always seems to come back when i do any type of barbell chest presses (but i can do dumbells heavy no prob, go figure!) or heavy/intense shoulder workouts - anyway when the pain comes i take 2-3 days off, then i do a week of lighter weights and very strict, controlled reps, then I'm back to normal for a while
    Last edited by MyBodyIsMyTemple; 06-05-2004 at 08:15 PM.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    i have the same probs when i do skull crushers preacher curls and bench. i hate to take time off during cycle so this is what works for me i usually pop 800mgs ibuprofen 30 mins before workout sit in the heat room about 10 min before workout and use neoprene elbow sleeves that keep them warm. this usually stops the pain or makes it tolerable. after workout apply ice for 15 min then heat 15 min. i usually will let them rest off cycle and concentrate more on legs.

beefydragon is offline Member
    yeah bro, take some time off... no point in making it worse and cause permanent damage...

i started my cardio routine on Tuesday and two days after my left ankle and foot started to swell up a bit and having major pain... motrin worked as a temporary solution, but i don't foresee jumping back on the treadmill until it's better... and of course, dumb me, decided to do squats on Thursday and now i'm hurting like a MOFO!

macdazac is offline New Member
    I also had the same problem,went to the doc and he gave me viox (anti-inflamatory) this **** works. He also said to chill on the exercise that hurts the most for like a week.

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    My doc gave me flex-aril for my hurting joints. But nothing helps more then time off for the sore spots.

Buildingmuscle is offline Associate Member
    my shoulder hurts from time to time too, I hate taking time off so usually I'll go lighter weight and very strict reps.

by the way does taking anti-inflamatory medicine while on a cycle affect your gains?

Thread Information