Matista is offline New Member

Cutting cycle advice

Long post coming - looking for advice

I am looking to do an Anavar -based cutting cycle - full details are below. I would appreciate any comments on this. I have spent a lot of time researching this, but feel like I want as much input from others as possible as I still have plenty to learn. I guess I don't have any specific questions other than:
    * Does this seem like a good idea to you?
    * What would you change, if anything?
    * Do my doses and how I'm splitting them up seem right?

Thanks!

My stats
    --------
    Height: A shade under 6'
    Weight: 220lbs
    Bodyfat: 18-20%
    Years Training: 1.5 years seriously, 2 years total

Background: I started lifting properly when I was about 180lbs and probably around 15% bodyfat. Since then I have tried various bodybuilding routines and got up to 240lbs, but at a higher bodyfat. Since the beginning of the year I have been trying various diets unsuccessfully and have yo-yo'd in weight, but always ended up back at a portly 240lbs. In the last 6 weeks however, I have started a cleaner diet, and have also started WSB style training (as previously I was bodybuilding - I want some strength gain now as well). I have dropped a heap of water-weight and have been steadily losing fat (based on waist measurement). However, losses are slowing down considerably. I take in an average of 2000 calories a day (usually 1700 on non-training days and 2300 on training days) spread over 6 clean meals, with 250g or so of protein. Sadly I CANNOT take in more calories than this, no matter how many people tell me that I need more calories... because as SOON as I up the calories much past 2000, I start gaining fat and getting bloated. I just have a horribly slow metabolism. Trust me, I have tried cutting on 2500, 3000 and 3500 clean calories and they just do not work for me. Due to me having to keep calories that low, I feel I need a way of preserving muscle mass - hence this cycle. I intend to diet clean for another 6 weeks (so that's 12 weeks total clean dieting) BEFORE starting this cycle. Hopefully that will put me at somewhere under 15% bodyfat BEFORE I start the cycle.

Goals: To get to 10% or as **** near as I can, preserving muscle mass as much as possible. My secondary goal is strength gain so long as it doesn't conflict with my primary objective.

Previous Cycles: None

Requirements: A cutting cycle suitable based on the above information. One caveat is that I do not wish to inject yet. I do realise injecting is safer, and for my second cycle I intend on doing a test/deca bulk. For this one however, it need to be orals with minimum sides as possible.

Proposed Cycle
    --------------
    Week 1-8 Anavar 40mg/day
    Week 1-8 Proviron 50mg/day
    Week 1-2 Clen
    Week 3-4 ECA
    Week 5-6 Clen
    Week 7-8 ECA
    Week 9-10 Clomid

Full Details
    ------------
    Anavar 40mg/day (split over 2 doses)
    Proviron 50mg/day (split over 2 doses)

Clen/ECA - swapping them around every 2 weeks

Clen - first 2 week period:
    Day1: 20mcg
    Day2: 40mcg
    Day3: 60mcg
    Day4: 80mcg
    Day5: 80mcg
    Day6-Day12: 100mcg
    Day13: 80mcg
    Day14: 60mcg
    Day15 for 2 weeks: ECA stack

Clen - Second 2 week period:
    Day1: 60mcg
    Day2: 80mcg
    Day3: 80mcg
    Day4: 100mcg
    Day5: 100mcg
    Day6-Day12: 120mcg
    Day13: 100mcg
    Day14: 80mcg
    Day15 for 2 weeks: ECA stack

Clen will be taken twice daily (i.e. on a 100mcg day, I'll take 50mcg at breakfast and 50mcg at lunch).

The ECA stack will be in the ratio 1:10:4. I will be taking E=20mg, C=200mg, A=80mg in each dose. I will have 3 doses per day, so that's a total of 60mg of ephedrine per day.

PCT will be clomid, starting the day after my last var tab for 2 weeks. 100mg week 1, 50mg week 2.

*** Should I just take the whole clomid dose in one go with breakfast, or should I split it? ***

I DO realise that a lot of people say PCT is not necessary on Anavar - but it is my first cycle, and I would rather be safe and spend a bit extra money than be sorry. That's why the proviron is in there, and all the liver protectors.

Additional Supplements
    ----------------------

Throughout this cycle I intend to run the following:

Milk Thistle 1000mg/day - taken in one dose with breakfast
    rALA - 400mg/day - split over 4 doses
    CLA - 8000mg/day - split over 4 doses
    Green Tea Extract - 90mg EGCG taken 3 times a day

I also take in a multivitamin and fish oils.

These additional supplements will be run from now until the cycle ends (so the 6 more weeks of clean dieting PLUS 8 weeks on the cycle), with the exception of the milk thistle, which will be run during the cycle and PCT.

Diet
    ----
    Will be kept totally clean, at around 2000 calories, split over 6 meals, with at least 250g of protein a day. An additional 400 calories are thrown in on training days post-workout.

Workout
    -------
    WSB style routine, 4 times a week.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Good post bro. Looks like you really did some research.
    But is there a reason why you don't wanna add an injectable to this?

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    For only your third post this is put together well. I think that will some work you can defently get to where you want to be.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    But is there a reason why you don't wanna add an injectable to this?
    To be honest bro, it's pretty much just a fear of messing up the injection - doing it wrong, hitting a nerve, the fluid going somewhere it shouldn't etc. I have spent time reading up on injecting and while I'm reasonably happy that I should be able to do it right, I think nerves would get the better of me (I'm not a fan of needles anyway) and I'd screw up. My girlfriend has kindly offered to do injections for me, although she has no experience of this either. She has read plenty on the topic too, so knows how to do it in theory - but practice is often different, and I do understand that one mistake *can* be fatal.

I do intend on running injectables in my next cycle for sure, and I will just have to get over this issue and/or pay a doctor to do the shots for me (or at least do the first couple).

The other reason I didn't put any injectable in there is because it's my first cycle and I want a good and easy experience (I intend to do plenty more in the future). With that being said, if I'm taking multiple substances, and have a horrible side effect, I won't know which one has caused it, and hence may be put off from taking *anything* that was in the cycle... and I don't want that to happen!

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Bro you sound like an inteligent guy, and I think you'll do fine. Trust me there's nothing to injecting.
    All of us were in your shoes at one point...I hated needles all my life but when it came time to do it I was surprised how easy and painless it really was.
    Also your girl is willing to do it for you for the first couple time...That's a big plus in over coming the fear of needles.
    I'm gonna send u a site via PM that will take u step by step. read the site and see what you think.
    Also I think some sort of test here would be benificial to you. Test prop would be the norm in cutting cycles but that requires ed or eod injects so that's out.
    Test E I think along with the var would help you achieve your goals, along with some ldex and or nolva straight thru. Clomid post cycle.

woodiechopper is offline Associate Member
    you might want to get your thyroid function checked. With the amount of activity you went through to gain like 50lbs, you should have had enough calories burned. There are lots of pots on thyroid function - Mallet is the expert.

Also, you can use clenbuterol to shed fat. I find it targets fat pretty well. No reason you can't run it during a cycle, as far as I know. Again, there is a clenbuterol handbook on the site.

And on injections, after the first one you'll be fine. Just remember to breathe, relax the muscles, and don't inject too quickly. Also, read up on hitting a blood vessel (just in case - in my experience, it happens 1 in 50 times). I'd go for your high hip pocket or your deltoid -- easiest to aim and there should be lots of good meat there to target.

Good luck!

Thanks bro, I appreciate your help on this. I've seen the link you've sent before, but will check it out again and read up some more.

My intention was to use test later as part of a bulker, after I'm down to the bodyfat level I want to be. Would my body not get too used to test e if I use it on this first cycle? In other words, might it impair later gains (or I'd have to use more later to get the effect)?

Quote Originally Posted by woodiechopper
    you might want to get your thyroid function checked.
    Thanks bro - I think I need to. The fact that I have to take in so few calories is quite worrying. I'm going to give the doc a call and set me up for a full range of blood tests, as it's probably useful to know exactly what's going on inside me.

woodiechopper is offline Associate Member
    absolutely, you want that as a baseline before doing your cycle. For instance, you might have a small liver enzyme elevation already but if you wait until after your cycle you might freak out and think it was due to AS.

Thread Information