Rampage Jackson is offline Junior Member

Helpfull Tips for Using Western Union for Paying Sources

Hey guys, just thought I'd clear some things up. I work at a place that is also a WU contract station, and I've seen it all.

1. Depending on what country you send to, you may have to show an ID. I'd say for 90% of all countries you wont though. (China, and Cambodia are the only 2 I can think of.)

2. Depending on the amount of money you send, you may be required to show an ID. I believe it is currently around 2g, and the program will automatically ask for ID, and not let you continue until the info is entered. This does not apply to quick collects though (a quick collect is when people send payments in to companies registered with WU. Usually mortage companies, Car Payments, etc... Most sources probably wouldn't be able to use quick collect).

3. Some countries won't allow test questions. This is due to the large amount of fraud overseas. The only one I've experienced so far is Romania, but I'm sure others are changing their test question policies.

4. IMO the most important. Many contract stations are provided with SAR books. This stands for Suspicious Activity Report. It is used when the teller feels uncomfortable in any way about the transactions. IE. someone sends over 3g in one transaction to another individual. This does not apply to quick collects. Even if a SAR gets filled out, it may or may not be investigated. They field many, many transactions per day, and hundreds of SARs per day. In my personal experience, neither me, or any of my coworkers have ever filled one out. IMO for the most part we dont really give a **** about who's sending money where. This brings an important point though. If you are planning on sending $ to a source via WU, goto a conract station (a grocery store, etc...something that handles business other than western unions.) instead of a WU only station. The employees at contract stations are MUCH less suspicious than trained WU employees.

Thats it for now kiddies, I hope you all learned something. I'll add more as I can think of it.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks bro, I am setting up E-Gold, and Evocash accounts. WU is just starting to call too much attention to itself lately IMO. Plus it is cheaper. That 30, 40, 50 dollars a pop is getting expensive.

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member
    I'm about to send $500 bucks WU and I'm starting to get nervous now, don't know if I should use fake info or not. I'm gonna go to the grocery store. I wonder if that is goinin to look suspicious?
    Last edited by NaturalBuff; 06-07-2004 at 11:17 AM.

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member
    bump for info, I'm starting to get a sick feeling in my gut now, lol

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    I never use fake info at the WU. The most I do is alter my name, but the WU isn't where you get popped. It's at your doorstep with the gear.

alabama is offline Associate Member
    have used western union to china many times never showed id ,my new source dosent use wu just get money order and give him the # of it he sends the **** but still wants me to mail it to china blank i dunno whats up with that

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    Forget WU - go EVOCASH ... its no charge

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage Jackson
    Hey guys, just thought I'd clear some things up. I work at a place that is also a WU contract station, and I've seen it all.

1. Depending on what country you send to, you may have to show an ID. I'd say for 90% of all countries you wont though. (China, and Cambodia are the only 2 I can think of.)

2. Depending on the amount of money you send, you may be required to show an ID. I believe it is currently around 2g, and the program will automatically ask for ID, and not let you continue until the info is entered. This does not apply to quick collects though (a quick collect is when people send payments in to companies registered with WU. Usually mortage companies, Car Payments, etc... Most sources probably wouldn't be able to use quick collect).

3. Some countries won't allow test questions. This is due to the large amount of fraud overseas. The only one I've experienced so far is Romania, but I'm sure others are changing their test question policies.

4. IMO the most important. Many contract stations are provided with SAR books. This stands for Suspicious Activity Report. It is used when the teller feels uncomfortable in any way about the transactions. IE. someone sends over 3g in one transaction to another individual. This does not apply to quick collects. Even if a SAR gets filled out, it may or may not be investigated. They field many, many transactions per day, and hundreds of SARs per day. In my personal experience, neither me, or any of my coworkers have ever filled one out. IMO for the most part we dont really give a **** about who's sending money where. This brings an important point though. If you are planning on sending $ to a source via WU, goto a conract station (a grocery store, etc...something that handles business other than western unions.) instead of a WU only station. The employees at contract stations are MUCH less suspicious than trained WU employees.

Thats it for now kiddies, I hope you all learned something. I'll add more as I can think of it.

Steroids101 is offline Member
    Yeah but then how do you fund your Evocash account???

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanDawg
    Forget WU - go EVOCASH ... its no charge

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steroids101
    send in money orders overnight

palequail is offline Banned
    Well basiclly most sources use WU so it is annoymous...they can use a fake ID to collect the money...most sources won't give out their real name and address.....Sending the money is fine...use your real info...

Rampage Jackson is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBuff
    bump for info, I'm starting to get a sick feeling in my gut now, lol
    Dude dont sweat $500 bucks...noone even thinks twice about that much money. It's only when people send like 3 or 4 g at a time that raises eyebrows. You guys are right about WU raping ppl on charges though.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steroids101
    I deposit cash into a bank account...if you need help let me know

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage Jackson
    Dude dont sweat $500 bucks...noone even thinks twice about that much money. It's only when people send like 3 or 4 g at a time that raises eyebrows. You guys are right about WU raping ppl on charges though.
    everyone says they are too **** expensive...but i have learned to make them dbl check...when the lady says "that will be 45 dollars"..say..."are you sure..i wired 350 the other day and it was only 25"...i have caught the bitches 3 times trying to poket some money...they ussually come back and say "your right, i was looking at the next tier"...i wired 225 the otherday and it cost me 12 dollars...its all part of the biz

MIGHTYRAVEN is offline New Member
    Im about to send a money order to fund my evocash ac. (which is set up under a fake name)do i put my real address at the bottom or does it not matter?

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    Never had a problem with WU.

Bruce willis is offline Associate Member
    wouldnt u rahter use evocash?

Thread Information