flabbywussy is offline Senior Member

systolic blood pressure! help

i went to one of those machines a week ago and it was 140,but now it's 150! is that a really high reading,or is this normal?

righton is offline Senior Member
    Depends on what your taking, if your taking any AS your b/p could go as high as 180(which mine has) or higher but as long as it doesn't stay like that for more than 3 months or so you should be ok!

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by righton
    Depends on what your taking, if your taking any AS your b/p could go as high as 180(which mine has) or higher but as long as it doesn't stay like that for more than 3 months or so you should be ok!
    Actually bro, you do not want it at 180 for any period of time, certainly not months. Every day at that pressure is putting a strain and damaging your liver, kidneys, etc. 140+ on cycle is OK, but watch it. Once you are at 150-160, I would reduce the test or get treated with BP meds... I lift/cycle for my health, not to harm it. Don't lose sight of the big picture.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    150 isn't high, it IS medically high, but there are people that walk around with 200/120. Its more common than you think. I wouldnt sweat it.

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    If you went to a machine in a store, say...Wal-Mart, then the reading may be off. Some of those machines are only made for people with 9-13 inch arms. Just a thought.

MonsterRugby is offline Associate Member
    this is true, my arms are 18.5 inches at rest. I have to use the fat person cuff.. infact I bought about 3 cuffs for my gym, for this exact reason. There is a large difference between the small cuff and larger cuff... Get the proper cuff

Thread Information