garygill is offline Junior Member

forgot to aspirate!

today i did an injection in my thigh..and i forgot to aspirate ..how do i no whether i hit muscle tissue or whether i just injected the test into my blood!?are there types of signs to tell whether u hit blood or muscle!?THANKS!appreciate it!

CHEMICAL WARFARE is offline Junior Member
    If you injected into a blood vessel you would know things werent right i.e Hot flushes, nausea, pounding head, raceing heart beat etc! Its not going to kill you, you'll just be off for a while! Remember to aspirate in future, then you wont have to think about it!"

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Bro you are fine. If you injected into your quad then you can probably bet that it went into your muscle, unless you are morbidly obese.

A way you can tell if you hit or are on a vein is to aspirate which you neglected to do. Blood squirting out of the injection site could be another sign. Dont be a slack ass, just aspirate.

so only thing i could of hit wus a blood vessel?ntn else?so most likely i hit my msucle!?it does feel a bit sore around that area!and when i took out the needle.a bit of blood did come out!but stopped coming out in like 3/4 secs,and i dont feel nausea or nohting esle!i feel the same as i usally did! i had a 1.5 inch syringe..but i prolly put it in 1 inch..or a lil bit more!

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    When doing an injection push the needle all the way in, dimple the skin with the needle if you have enough muscle tissue to do so. You dont want to try to watch needle depth while pushing in on the plunger. If you dont push it all the way in and you do aspirate , then go to pushing the plunger in you may push the needle in further and actually hit a vein that is just beyond where you aspirated at.

If you hit a vein you can feel the drug travel up your vein. kinda buring sensation. Then you can also taste the substance under your tounge. The other day I myself hit a vein on accident and felt like I had to do another shot. I went ahead and put another shot in me.

fabry is offline Senior Member
    the fact that u are still able to talk about this means u didnt hit a blood vassel! lot of pain or hospital were the alternatives, i think!
    when u inject u could hit a nerve too, and i think this could give u too lot of pain, and temporary paralysis (till the infection goes away, hours or few days) of yur leg (in this case).
    seems u were lucky bro (well, seems it is very rare hittin a vein!).
    i dont understand why people always remember to fill the syringe with their gear but sometimes forget to aspirate !
    never heard about somebody aspiratin that then realize they didnt put the gear in the syringe! lol
    ciao
    Last edited by fabry; 06-09-2004 at 01:58 AM.

i didnt have ne of those issues happen to me!but is the vein.vessel the only thing you can hit which has blood in it!?well i think if thats teh only blood you can hit i think its all gravy!i think im good to go!cus i dont feel any of those symptoms!

hey bro, u are fine. would u prefer to come back tomorrow and tell us youre in a hospital? go to the gym and train hard!

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    i forget to aspirate 99% of the time....never had a prob

asymmetrical1, i forgot to wear seatbelts few times and one of them i had an accident!
    7 months in a hospital, almost crossed the line to the "dark-side", but not the one referring to gear!
    what does it cost to u to spend 1 sec to aspirate ?

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    yea , good analogy, you may get away with it today/tomorrow but whos to say what will happen in the future?

And on the topic of as[pirating, is it only me that finds aspirating difficult in some sports, like holding the needle and pulling back on the pliunger due to the awqwardness
    i.e. delts, unless i hold the syringe with one hand and aspirate with the other the needle always starts to move around and come up

im not doing it wrong am i?:|

CCI
    CCI is offline Associate Member
    What the hell is aspirate ????

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    aspirate is when after you have the needle in the are you are injecting into, you pull back on the plunger to check you're not in a vein, if you see blood you pull out and do another spot, otherwise its good to use the existing one

Opey is offline Associate Member
    yeah map, i have the same problem. i am thinking about telling my girl that i juice, just so she can do some injects for me. (not sure about how well that would go). i never have a problem aspirating in the quads or calves, but shoulders and glutes are always a chore.

madmaniac is offline Junior Member
    you would have a coughing fit if it went in your vein

boistheman is offline Associate Member
    I think aspirating is way over rated and if ur careful the aspiration is not needed JMO

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    is it normal to have a little lump in the injection area when injecting into the glute. this comes like a day after. i have a lump on both sides. i never knew to aspirate but i know to do it now. i have had very little blood seep from the injection after pulling the needle and i have seen not 1 drop come out too. thanks for the info.

palequail is offline Banned
    Oh ****!!!!!!!!!! You are dead for sure......JK

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fabry
    asymmetrical1, i forgot to wear seatbelts few times and one of them i had an accident!
    7 months in a hospital, almost crossed the line to the "dark-side", but not the one referring to gear!
    what does it cost to u to spend 1 sec to aspirate?
    Ha, good point fabrey....i can see those veiny things and poke around them.
    but you are right, taking time to aspirate never a bad idea
    Last edited by asymmetrical1; 06-14-2004 at 04:49 AM.

righton is offline Senior Member
    Its not that i forget to asperate, i just don't do it. And after 10+ yrs of cycling i've hit veins so many times i've lost count!! Its all overrated and if not somebody put up a thread with any headline about somebody dying from not asperating ( and not some crap about somebody shooting 2cc's of whatever directly into a vein). I've gotten shots at clinics and by docs and none of them asperated, and no bull about "they know where to shoot"!!!

ShortStack is offline New Member
    been givin shots for 9 years...........never aspirate and I've never had a problem or a complaint...............most say it's less painful to not aspirate.......veins on top.......arteries next to bone......arteries carry blood away from the heart.......very unlikely you will hit something if you're goin deep IM.

ShortStack is offline New Member
    lumps are normal..........massage and use warm wet towels and they'll go away faster

Thread Information