Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Upper Canada is offline Junior Member

Cytomel part II (Mallet and Supirman)

We will consider this the sequel to this post Cytomel With Or Without Food

I ran a cycle prescribed to me by mallet. It is a 8/5 split cycle. I weigh 160 lbs (10 lbs overweight..I should be weighing in at 150).
    I ran the following:

day 1 half of max (75)
    day 2-6 max (150)
    day 7 half of max (75)
    day 8 half of day 7 (37.5)

My RT was hovering above 98 degrees for all of the eight day. I experienced no sweating or rapid heartbeat. In fact I experienced no side effects except for peeing and pooping more.

I weighed in last night at 159.

My question is why didn't this work for me considering that my RT was over and above 98? (safe for the one day drop to 97.5)

Can we discuss this bros? thanks.

madmaniac is offline Junior Member
    i think it will take a few cycles for it to start working.

if you take something as fast acting as dbol it still takes some time to start working.

it the more popular ramping version of a t3 cycle it takes about 2-3 weeks for it to start working.

this is just a guess though.

supirman45 is offline Associate Member
    Hey bud,
    How many days have you been off? And are you sure it didn't work? I didn't notice any weight drop on my first t3 run, but I noticed that I was noticeably leaner, primarily in the abdominal area. If your resting temps were that high (which is perfect), then you certainly should have been burning calories like crazy. I only noticed a pound or two difference, but 2 lbs of solid fat is a good number for 1 week.

And also keep in mind that consuming different foods and varying your fluid intake can make you fluctuate upwards of 5lbs daily. Don't get trapped in the numbers you get from a scale. Look in the mirror for the best judge or your progress.

Also, as mad maniac mentioned... the results of this version are about the same as using a longer dosing scheme. The only major advantage to this cycling is the lessened strain on your thyroid and accurate dosing based on your resting temps.

People normally run t3 for 4-6 weeks and over that course they will see good results. This is the same, it will take time to see the dramatic improvements, this is just a safer way to run the t3.

madmaniac is offline Junior Member
    "Don't get trapped in the numbers you get from a scale. Look in the mirror for the best judge or your progress."

weight means sh*t. who cares what you weigh. its all about what you look like.

Matto20 is offline Member
    how tall are you? what gender are you? what diet are you running and how are your macronutrient breakdowns? what's your total amount of calories consumed per day? what is your training routine?

we need more information.

should i keep it running guys? given that today is my last day of cycle 1 I can keep it going? I cannot notice any difference at all in my abdomen area. but i poop like crazy. twice a day. and I pee up to 12 times a dayt

You should stop, as you don't want to put too much strain on your thyroid. Though, you can probably continue to use it as long as your RESTING temps aren't dropping. If you're bathroom visits have increased, then you know it's working.

Also, remember, over time by running 3-4 cycles of this is when you will notice the most dramatic difference. T3 isn't magic, but it certainly speeds up the fat loss process.

Matto20 is offline Member
    tweaking your diet will do more for you than all the T3 in the world. you NEED to make sure to eat the right things at the right time...

I know that I should probably find the answer to this question myself, but why should I stop if my temps drop?

I will consider your reply and then wait for mallet's reply about continuing the cycle and then decide. I would love to drop about ten lbs.

For the most part this is true Matto, but if you were to eat poorly but at least keep the poor eating consistent, using t3 will still give you benefits. I completely agree though that everybody's fat loss diet should be on point before using t3.

yeah...diet I agree. but I never eat anything bad for me. I think maybe the beers (low carb beers...) are not helping. I eat right (tune, salad, chicken...all pretty clean) but I drink about 3 beers a night.

me too. fuc**** confusing arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. lol
    The sauce jacks me like crazy, i am so sensitive to it. I thought I would have the same effect with T3. I guess it is a difficult drug to fine tune.

If your resting temps drop, it means that your thryoid function is struggling/slowing. A drop of .5 from one day to the next is a sign that something isn't quite right in your body. A drop of .8 or more in one day is a sign that your thyroid production has probably come to a screeching halt.

Also, are you sure you are checking your resting temps before getting out of bed every day? Those are the important numbers. Your temps during the day will fluctuate with what you eat and any activity you do.

UC, you only ran it for 8 days. It will take upwards of 3-4 cycles like this to see MAJOR differences.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    3 beers a night??? **** Canadians...jk

anyways, I have never ran t3 but from everything I read about it, most guys dont usually notice much weight loss, they notice FAT loss. It essence, it means you will lose body fat, not body weight. Maybe a couple pounds overall but losing fat and keeping muscle is a HUGE plus.

And yes, 3 beers/night is retarded. If you're doing any kind of gear or supplementation, alcohol is a no-no.

nathanw21 is offline Member
    i would run a 25 day cycle. 1 pill for 5 days 2 pills for the next 5 days then 3 for 5 and then back down 2 for 5 and 1 for 5. make sure you increase you protein. and stay in the gym. you will see much better results. i have had friends see anywere from 14 to 30 lbs loss on longer cycles. this is a shorter cycle than what i put them on.

And running such prolonged cycles is much harder on your thyroid, which means you'll have a harder time getting it fully recovered. We are all using a 7/5 split in which BBT are meaasured each morning up waking; this allows you to accurately dose and treat your thyroid. Blindly running t3 for 25 days and not checking your temps, etc is a no-no.

Ok I will stick to was mallet and you have prescribed to me over the last week. I will continue the 8/5 split and keep monitering my temps before getting out of bed. I have been doing this and they have been at a steady 98.(5-7) every morning, safe for the one day where it dropped to 97.5. I will give it another run next monday and see how it goes and let you all know.

supirman, what happens when the thyroid function slows. Do you have any good reading you could pass over?

I don't have info you can read, but the thyroid is an integral part in the equation that determines your metabolism. If it's not up to par, your metabolism will be slowed and losing fat will be very difficult. 98.5 is a very good resting temp. That was taken under the arm, and not in the mouth, correct?

nope ...in the mouth, under the tongue with a digital thermometer.

ah, that's part of your problem. your temps are actually low. There is typically a 1.0 degree difference between underarm and mouth. Your temps are in the 97.5 range, which is low.

no ****...so I should stick to underarm temp readings...
    Maybe I should boost the meds to 200 for my max.

yes, do underarms for readings. And yes, your max dose depends on your resting temps. Make sure you're taking coleus and t-100x as well, as these will support your thyroid and gladulars, which both play instrumental roles in your metabolism.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Stick to the under the tongue readings? Your temp was great? the beer was probably adding to the problem though? do your 5 off days then repeat the cycle until you reach the desired gains.

Hey I can't thank you enough guys. Thanks for all the advice throughout the last 7 days. I will let you know how things pan out next week. i appreciate your time bros!

Mallet, in your "checking thyroid function" thread, you said to do underarms. And there is a 1 degree difference between armpits and mouth readings?

promiscio is offline Member
    ok...is it underarms or mouth??? I use mouth temps...

me too

If you get a thermometer from the store, they will tell you that mouth temps are typically 1 degree higher than under the arm temps. Mallet will have to clear this issue up when he gets a chance.

I also just read that a digital thermometer should not be used, and a standard thermometer should be used. You're supposed to leave it under your arm for a full 10 minutes - and try to lay as still as possible.

Other sites also offer some conflicting information. This is now confusing. I'll continue to look and see what I can find.

im reading around it also. The curiosity is naggin at me.

It seems that most sites say your BBT is determined with a BBT thermometer used under the arm. I saw one site say that a digital can be used on the tongue. I imagine I will switch over to a regular thermometer and see if it is any different.

If a good answer cannot be found, that's when you test things yourself!

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    why are you trying to loose 10 pounds when you weight 160?

I would imagine he probably has some chub in the midesction. I also think that 10lbs could come off in about a month with proper training and diet.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supirman45
    I would imagine he probably has some chub in the midesction. I also think that 10lbs could come off in about a month with proper training and diet.
    exactly, i would go on a clean bulk and not even worry about it

HEY GUYS..i have some killer abs but they are covered by a thin layer that I am trying to lose. The ten lbs are extra pounds that i gained since coming back from cuba...its amazing how much heavier you feel with ten lbs on ....

anyways
    day 1 off cycle - 97.7
    day 2 off cycle - 97.6

Ill keep posting so we could adjust the dose accordingly on monday

Those are really good off temps. Mine are stuck around 97.0 right now

yeah.. and the ten lbs that I gained is all around my waist. For some reason I lost motivation to work out as hard as before. I have been working out hard for 4 years and then suddenly BAM I just stopped...and gained ten lbs. i am trying to figure out how to get the motivation back, because I am really depressed with the weight I gained....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information