UrbanDawg is offline Banned

Which steroids are Androgenic vs Anabolic?

I searched the forum and did not see a table that rates each steroids androgenic vs anabolic effectiveness.

Anyone got a link to this info.

palequail is offline Banned
    Most steroids have both properties...but here are some I know of:

Anabolic :
    Deca
    Winny
    Primo
    BOTH:
    Anadrol
    Dbol
    Tren
    Test
    EQ

Correct me if I'm wrong guys..
    Last edited by palequail; 06-09-2004 at 11:13 PM.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    They are all both to some extent.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    well, like you said every drug has androgenic and anabolic properties...i can't remember any ratios but test which is 1:1

TxJuiceFreak is offline Junior Member
    bump, i wanna hear more info on this.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    A table or graph would be nice but have never seen such a thing. Supposedly the book Anabolics 2004 has alot of nice charts with this type of stuff in it. Find someone with that book maybe.

If you get familiar with all the profiles and such you will have an idea what things are.

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    They are all both to some extent.
    ive read that Deca is almost all Anabloic and no androgenic - that is one factor why deca only cycles are bad.

Corn Bread is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanDawg
    ive read that Deca is almost all Anabloic and no androgenic - that is one factor why deca only cycles are bad.

You have hear wrong, be careful there is alot of crap floating around board for newbies to be confused. Let me grab my tentacles on this one swirl them around and try to shed some light on the subject, Einstein can get into the science side more if necessary.

Deca is more androgenic than it is anabolic . Where test is around 1:1 deca would be more like 1 anabolic ; 3 androgenic. That is why it is very HARSH on the HPTA. But compared to stronger androgenic substances like tren , decas a lightweight.

Such substances that are much more anabolic than androgenic generally speaking easier kept gains and less harsh on the HPTA.... are gear such as Anavar = (my favorite) , stan, and primo. Remember crazy scientist guys mess around with cholesterol molecules fondling around with their esters and bonds tried to make different versions of testosterone molecules , thus having different ratios of anabolic / androgenic ratios but all containing the same two properties, all having some amount of anabolic or androgenic properties, because of their being all ANDROgenic hormones.

Did I mention I like to eat steak?

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Nicely done explaining that

TxJuiceFreak is offline Junior Member
    thanks for clarification corn bread. YOU GONNA EAT YO CORN BREAD???lol i love that movie.

Actually, the more androgenic compounds are the DHT-like compounds, winny and other "hardening" drugs. DHT itself is more androgenic than test and is not very anabolic at all. Nandrolone is probably the least androgenic of AAS and has the highest anabolic:androgenic ratio....then EQ and primo are roughly next in increasing androgenicity....tren has a fair amount of both anabolic and androgenic effects.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    All anabolic -androgenic steroids (AAS) are diriatives of testosterone . Each has an index ratio assigned to it on how anabolic (actual building effects --> muscle tissue, bone density, ...) versus androgenic (male-like effects --> bodyhair, deepening the voice, prostate ... effects that originally helped you to become a man from the time you were a fetus to a matured adult) the compound is. A purely anabolic steroid would be ideal but it is not currently an option - they all exert some androgenic effects... but how much varies depending on the compound.

Testosterone is a natural androgen and the one used as a reference drug to the others. On the theraputic index for anabolic steroids , testosterone rates a 1 as the standard. Anabolic steroids were orignially developed to alter the testosterone molecule to increase anabolic functions and decrease androgenic - the ratio being the therapeutic index. For example, compared to testosterone... Deca scores an 11-12... significantly more anabolic than androgenic.

The basic goal of stacking compounds is to increase the total AAS use with as little unwanted androgenic side effects as possible - stuff like prostate enlargement, effects on male pattern bladness, increase bodyhair, ... sometimes to limit water and/or fat retention as well...

For example, using 500mg of testosterone with 500mg of nandrolone per week versus using 1000mg of testosterone can have less of an impact on the prostate since you basically cut the total weekly androgen use with a nortestosterone diriative that has lower androgenic effects...

So why is testosterone even use in a cycle if it's deriatives have less androgenic side effects? First off - nothing is better than testosterone. It is the hormone that your body is most accustomed to... you have it running through your veins every day your life. You shouldn't shut your system without, at the very minimal use a replacement dose of testosterone. But from clinical studies - you get the most anabolic effects from test using at least 300mg per week. I can not recall the pathway that many of heavy androgenic steroids take to have such a pronounced an effect on strength and muscle building - but I believe it has much more to do with the cross-overbinding to glucocorticoid receptors (cortisol blocking) than increaseing protein synthesis...

But in one sentance... androgenic means male-like while anabolic refers to the tissue building effects.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally written by Warrior at MS - if you cut and paste my posts - at least give me credit for writing it... ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    All anabolic -androgenic steroids (AAS) are diriatives of testosterone . Each has an index ratio assigned to it on how anabolic (actual building effects --> muscle tissue, bone density, ...) versus androgenic (male-like effects --> bodyhair, deepening the voice, prostate ... effects that originally helped you to become a man from the time you were a fetus to a matured adult) the compound is. A purely anabolic steroid would be ideal but it is not currently an option - they all exert some androgenic effects... but how much varies depending on the compound.

Testosterone is a natural androgen and the one used as a reference drug to the others. On the theraputic index for anabolic steroids , testosterone rates a 1 as the standard. Anabolic steroids were orignially developed to alter the testosterone molecule to increase anabolic functions and decrease androgenic - the ratio being the therapeutic index. For example, compared to testosterone... Deca scores an 11-12... significantly more anabolic than androgenic.

The basic goal of stacking compounds is to increase the total AAS use with as little unwanted androgenic side effects as possible - stuff like prostate enlargement, effects on male pattern bladness, increase bodyhair, ... sometimes to limit water and/or fat retention as well...

For example, using 500mg of testosterone with 500mg of nandrolone per week versus using 1000mg of testosterone can have less of an impact on the prostate since you basically cut the total weekly androgen use with a nortestosterone diriative that has lower androgenic effects...

So why is testosterone even use in a cycle if it's deriatives have less androgenic side effects? First off - nothing is better than testosterone. It is the hormone that your body is most accustomed to... you have it running through your veins every day your life. You shouldn't shut your system without, at the very minimal use a replacement dose of testosterone. But from clinical studies - you get the most anabolic effects from test using at least 300mg per week. I can not recall the pathway that many of heavy androgenic steroids take to have such a pronounced an effect on strength and muscle building - but I believe it has much more to do with the cross-overbinding to glucocorticoid receptors (cortisol blocking) than increaseing protein synthesis...

But in one sentance... androgenic means male-like while anabolic refers to the tissue building effects.
    Last edited by Warrior; 06-10-2004 at 05:22 PM.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    good post warrior

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Originally written by Warrior at MS - if you cut and paste my posts - at least give me credit for writing it... ya know?

lol

Matto20 is offline Member
    LOL

Caught him red-handed!

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    busted... haha

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull

Why do you only give bad effects of androgenic agents?
    Androgenic properties are also Increased Strength, Stamina, Increased Metabolism (so Fat loss) and (sometimes positive) Agression...

Furthermore you say:
    A purely anabolic steroid would be ideal but it is not currently an option

Why not?

Ethylestrenol (aka Maxibolin/Orabolin or Nitrotain) is a
    progesterone-derivative and is purely anabolic...
    Sad thing is, is that it is supposed to be crap unless you stack it with a High androgen (e.g. Fluoxymesterone or Trenbolone ) in which it is supposed to blow you away.

For the rest it is a very good article DaWarrior,

Greets
    Kingofmasters

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofmasters
    Why do you only give bad effects of androgenic agents?
    Androgenic properties are also Increased Strength, Stamina, Increased Metabolism (so Fat loss) and (sometimes positive) Agression...

Furthermore you say:
    A purely anabolic steroid would be ideal but it is not currently an option

Why not?

Ethylestrenol (aka Maxibolin/Orabolin or Nitrotain) is a
    progesterone-derivative and is purely anabolic...
    Sad thing is, is that it is supposed to be crap unless you stack it with a High androgen (e.g. Fluoxymesterone or Trenbolone ) in which it is supposed to blow you away.

For the rest it is a very good article DaWarrior,

Greets
    Kingofmasters
    - daThanks

There is no purely anabolic steroid - from everything I have read, books and other publications - its pretty much an impossible feat. Futher more, if I left something out - feel free to add to it...

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Ouch!!!

Thread Information