m16a2 is offline Senior Member

Ok to drink a little while var

My cycle is test/eq with antie's nolv/ldex. I start var this week and since it is finals week, I wanted the opinions on light drinking with var? It isn't supposed to be good with you, but then again, they prescribe var to people with cirrohisis of the liver, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Generally, I advocate the idea of not drinking at all while on cycle, but I am awaiting deployment to iraq and studying my ass off so I can finish more college so I don't have to do much when/if I come back. It is hard to leave comp sci and come back to school...

So, whats the scoop with drinking with var? Other than being counterproductive to gains, which I am not having an issue with.

Froggy is offline Member
    Hell Bro, I'll buy you a beer.
    Obviously not a good idea to go out & get sh!t-faced. Ever try Rock green-light? That is a low carb beer you should not be drinking. Playboy magazine says that when you don't go out & drink, take a spoon full of honey for every 2 drinks...it burns up the alcohol...& water. Do this while you are actually not drinking...you don't want to get dehydrated.
    Stay sharp in IRAQ & come back safe.

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    never drink on a cycle let a lone an oral. it isnt worth it. but 1 or 2 wont kil you.

hammerhead is offline Member
    I'm not sure I believe the "one or two" part. If that's all you're drinking then why even bother you're not going to get a buzz. Is it peer pressure? If that's it - grow up.

If it's more than "one or two" then really, no bull****, how much is it? Alcohol in moderation (4 to 7 drinks) will lower your testosterone levels , slow down protein synthesis and leave our body out-of-whack for a few days. You can almost subtract 3 to 5 days from your cycle as days with no progress guaranteed from one night of moderate drinking. The alcohol will also magnify the hepatotoxicity of the anavar several fold.

Moderate drinking on weekends will be enough to effectively cancel the steroids . Why even take them if you're going to grink enough to get a buzz?

Heavy drinking is another subject that I won't address because noone with a functioning brain would be stupid enough to drink heavily and expect to get jack **** from steroids. The levels of damage to the body while under the stress of steroids is scary to talk about.

I will post a thread soon that goes into medical details about how alcohol affects the body and specifically how it pertains to bodybuilders. I recommend you read this thread.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead
    I'm not sure I believe the "one or two" part. If that's all you're drinking then why even bother you're not going to get a buzz. Is it peer pressure? If that's it - grow up.

If it's more than "one or two" then really, no bull****, how much is it? Alcohol in moderation (4 to 7 drinks) will lower your testosterone levels , slow down protein synthesis and leave our body out-of-whack for a few days. You can almost subtract 3 to 5 days from your cycle as days with no progress guaranteed from one night of moderate drinking. The alcohol will also magnify the hepatotoxicity of the anavar several fold.

Moderate drinking on weekends will be enough to effectively cancel the steroids . Why even take them if you're going to grink enough to get a buzz?

Heavy drinking is another subject that I won't address because noone with a functioning brain would be stupid enough to drink heavily and expect to get jack **** from steroids. The levels of damage to the body while under the stress of steroids is scary to talk about.

I will post a thread soon that goes into medical details about how alcohol affects the body and specifically how it pertains to bodybuilders. I recommend you read this thread.

Hey bro, I don't need lectures. Look at my join date, look at my post count... I know everything you just stated and didn't need to hear it again. My question was simply how bad alcohol would be with var, not a request for a general rant about alcohol and aas. Read the post again.

Steroids101 is offline Member
    Everything in moderation. Most people will say var isn't as liver toxic as most other 17aa's, but I really think it depends on the dose. Just don't get fubar every night and you should be fine.

Make sure your taking plenty of antioxidants such as ala and vitamins C&E, also milk thistle. I would also be sure to take some ZMA the next morning, as alcohol robs your body of zinc and magnisium (It helps get rid of a hangover quicker).

Steroids101 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead
    Bro, he's on a cycle of test and EQ, his natural testosterone levels are already shut down. I noticed you also used the foggy term "out of whack", maybe you could explain this? Im looking foward to reading that post.

Thread Information