Thread: Deca hair loss

bigordie is offline Member

Deca hair loss

Does anyone know if there is anything besides Rogaine and that stuff that can stop or reverse the effects off Deca induced hair loss?

wolar32 is offline Junior Member
    Get some plugs. I am.

what about proscar/propecia? check it out?

sore24/7 is offline Associate Member
    Deca ,i thought, was always mild on hair. Any way I am petty sure propecia will block Deca from its full potency by blocking its conversion via alpha 5.

yeah i hear plugs is really the only way to go. This one is not for me though i havent ran Deca .

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    from what I understand proscar/propecia with neither help or hurt hairloss from deca . I think that is what Einstein said. Anyway I would recommend staying away from it if you lose hair while on it and you want to keep your hair. Give test e/EQ a try instead and run proscar with those.

Don't know of anything more than proscar or rogaine that are really that effective, a lot of snake oil salesman out there.

Kurupt3dmind is offline New Member
    is it possible to lose hair on your first cycle of 8 weeks??

detroit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurupt3dmind

If your prone to hairloss...absolutly.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurupt3dmind

Most people think hairloss happens quickly. It doesn't unless it is some serious medical condition other than just normal male pattern baldness. What you are doing with steroids is speeding up the process. Everyone will react differently as far as how fast or slow they lose thier hair. You could notice some thinning after just 8 weeks. In general terms if you were going to go completley bald naturally in 10 years, and you decided to do two cycles a year, you could speed that process up to where you were bald in 5 or even 3 years. This is just generally speaking, it is cumulative damage.

yeah my buddy came off a 8 week deca /dbol cycle two months ago and he says that everytime he runs his hand through his hair some will just fall out

fullback40 is offline Junior Member
    Also ask your doc for a script of 2% nizoral(?) shampoo. It cleans DHT from your scalp.

Eating_Machine is offline New Member
    Scott,

Im running sust and deca right now. I stopped taking propecia because of the many reports Ive read advising against such a practice of mixing it with deca.

What do you think I should do? Take the proepcia anyway, or just wait until my cycle is done and then start finasteride? Lastly, Deca stays in the system for a long, long time. when is it safe to start taking propecia again without suffering from the deca/finasteride induced hairloss.

Im shedding something pretty fierce right now and Im only 2 weeks into the cycle.

RollPlayer is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eating_Machine
    Scott,

Im running sust and deca right now. I stopped taking propecia because of the many reports Ive read advising against such a practice of mixing it with deca.

What do you think I should do? Take the proepcia anyway, or just wait until my cycle is done and then start finasteride? Lastly, Deca stays in the system for a long, long time. when is it safe to start taking propecia again without suffering from the deca/finasteride induced hairloss.

Im shedding something pretty fierce right now and Im only 2 weeks into the cycle.
    I believe Propecia does not do anything for Deca induced hairloss. Propecia works by blocking the conversion of testosterone to DHT (which is what is believed to cause most hair loss). Deca does not convert to DHT so Propecia would not work in that situation. That is why Deca is supposedly the easiest on your hairline. I could be wrong though.
    Last edited by RollPlayer; 06-13-2004 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eating_Machine
    Scott,

http://www.bigdogbodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=363

The kinds of things to use to prevent hairloss from things like deca or strong androgens not affected by 5a reductase (meaning finasteride will do nothing to help with them), is to use the topical AR blockers like minoxidil and spironolactone....also, there are a couple other products, nizorall 2%, Nioxin and polysorbateany that can potentially help. Most don't get great results with the topicals though, so if you're prone to MPB, you probably want to stay away from strong androgens.....if deca affects your hair, I'd say you're more than prone, since deca is very mild.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    i'll be trying nizoral 2% very soon and i'll let the board know how it goes. On a typical day i wake up to about 7-10 hairs on my pillow. Then i wet my hand and run my hair through it and get about 5 more... so i'll be using those two things as a guide.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Propecia will only work for the vertex(crown) of the hair, if u have a receding hairline from the fringe/front then propecia is useless, try that nizoral shampoo which i hear is good but u might also want an all natural DHT blocker , go to these websites and check out www.revivogen.com if u have the commitment to apply it every night or www.procerin.com if u want the easy pills. Remember that stopping hairloss becomes a lifetime commitment after u start so that means time and money!! so do the math on how much it will cost to maintain your hair for the next 5years untill they come up with the artificial donor graf for transplants wich will mean unlimited hair replacment/transplants.

Thread Information