Hometown Hero is offline Associate Member

Angry Habbits and how to Kickem

Alright bro's here is my problem. I got this habbit I just can't give up and I know its holding me back. I'm a Smoker, nasty habbit I picked up a while back b4 I got seriouse about lifting. I'd give anything to go back and never start but its ****ing hard giving these things up. I just wanna know how much im holding myself back because I dont know the specifics. What kind of a jump in weight and strength gain can I expect after quiting. Hold the flames guys I know I screwed up. Has anybody else had this problem? How did you finally give it up?

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Am I seeing double?

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey I replied to this same exact thread. Why did you post it twice, and twice in the wrong forum? This is for Steroid Questions.

****ty ISP, first time I tried to post page expired. Second time it went through. Although it appears it went through both times. And as for your question about the section I wanted to know how my smoking was effecting my cycle, thus I assumed it to be a steroid question.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Hero
    ****ty ISP, first time I tried to post page expired. Second time it went through. Although it appears it went through both times. And as for your question about the section I wanted to know how my smoking was effecting my cycle, thus I assumed it to be a steroid question.
    No it dosen't appear like it went through both times......it did.
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=106183

my apologies

my apologies
    Apology accepted, now quit smoking, it is worth it, like I said I smoked for 12 years and when I quit I felt like a new man, in the gym, on the treadmill, in bed, its worth it. Withdrawal is only temporary and is a test of character.

I know bro it makes me feel so weak to let something that takes nothing more then strong mind to overcome get me by the balls like this. When I'm living at my place I can quit for a week or so, then I come home, watch my parents light up, and break down. I guess its just ganna take a solid commitment to not doing it anymore. Thanks for the support!

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    I know bro it makes me feel so weak to let something that takes nothing more then strong mind to overcome get me by the balls like this. When I'm living at my place I can quit for a week or so, then I come home, watch my parents light up, and break down. I guess its just ganna take a solid commitment to not doing it anymore. Thanks for the support!
    bro im the same way, but within the past week i notice i wake up and i have this non stop hacking cough i cant shake...i think im about to venture in the same path as you and just quit...and if thats the case about your parents why not just stop going to your parents house till you have the will power?

Ive tried it man, I even quit for an entire semester once bro, then finals come around and I go home so I can study without somebody throwing beer at me and the stress and temptation of watchin the rents do it gets the best of me. If I islolate myself to quit im not quiting I'm just delaying the inevitable. The way I figure bro the only way guys like us are ganna get over this **** is to hate it. It's ganna be a bitch tho!!

I just told myself that I know it is gonna be hard, but Im not gonna smoke no matter what. I t worked, I havent smoked since 12-26-03.

Thanks 4 the advice. I'm out of smokes, and out of patience, god willing I wont have another one.

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    bro u just gotta remember this to yourself...if you want to quit bad enough ddep down inside...then u can quit...and not to falme you but thats kind of stupid to give in after an entire semester...

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    I used to smoke and untill I really wanted to quit I couldnt quit. I had to make it a personally manly issue. saying to myself am I not man enough to come over my addiction to a plant. How stupid is that!!!! A f@ckin plant controlling my behavior I dont think so.

When you are a few days into it and feel like smoking or you think something is too hard, just tell yourself this is works everytime. "MY PUSSY HURTS" that puts things into perspective. Just try to relate to your craving as being a weakness!!! That you have power over.

First if you drink at all quit that at least for a month while going thru the first month of quiting. Otherwise as soon as you get drunk you be loooking for a ciggerette!!

somedude247 is offline Member
    will power is all that is necessary...try "zyban" , works great and cravings gone...I tried it about a yr ago and haven't gone back to puffing....

Amen fellas, doesn't get much clearer then that does it? Vito there was no flame in that statement bro cuz your right. I pussed out and gave in thats all there is to it. I was worried about my finals and cracked. But I like your approach hydro thats good ****. I actually thought about putting a picture of a lung cancer victem on my pc's background to as retarded as it might sound. Anything to turn my stomach and help me beat the craving. I really appreciate the support tho guys it's highly appreciated here...

somedude247 is offline Member
    lilvito......zyban is a prescription drug that allows the user to quit smoking with NO further addictions to nicotine, but its not a miracle drug, the user must want to quit..but it makes quitting a whole lot easier....it comes in pill form...but its pricey if u do not have health coverage.....it costs me about 50 dollars (cdn) for 6 weeks (thats a discount/cost price)...regular is about 150.00 I believe....

Nice tip BRO. Have you ever heard of a drug called wellbutrin? It's an anti depressant of sorts but also works almost exactly like zyban. My doctor told me about it a few years back when I first picked up the habbit, at the time I didn't want to quit. Perhaps I will develop a nice case of depression, let the insurance company pay for it

Wellbutrin is generic Zyban. The patch worked for me my first time around. I lasted 3 months. I really didn't want to quit, I just wanted to want to quit.

Thread Information