View Poll Results: Reached natural limit before starting use of AAS?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, chemical enhancement was the only way I could improve

10 34.48%
  • No - I started before reaching my natural limit.

19 65.52%
    bad_man is offline Anabolic Member

Steroid Users - Reached Natural Limits?

How many steroid users here honestly reached their natural limit before using AAS? Please be honest. Many many people advise otehrs not to try them until they have maxed out naturally, but how many of us practice what we preach?

quez82 is offline Associate Member
    I was 21 when i started which was recently..but I was still growing slowly due to the fact of depression and i was just getting better...gaining all my weight back from when i was losing...but naturally...i believe with a good diet and training hard.. we can always gain naturally

Russ616 is offline Senior Member
    You may have a point. I started using when I was 20years old. I had trained for only about a year straight but had trained on and off throughout high school and played sports. I believe it doesn't have to do with "natural limits" But rather committment. I knew I was ready and serious enough. I have been training hard for the last 3years staight, so obviouly I am committed enough and will continue to use in a serious way. Now one shouldn't start using steroids in high school and use the same excuse. Because they are simply too young and for the most part immature. They haven't even experience life outside of class, like working 55hrs a week, etc. hope this helps.

THIS WAS NOT MEANT TO FLAME HIGHSCHOOL STUDENTS OR YOUNGER KIDS BUT INTENDED TO DISCOURAGE THEM FROM USING AT AN EARLY AGE. STEROIDS ARE A SERIOUS COMMITTMENT AND IF NOT DONE CAREFULLY CAN HARM YOU. ALWAYS DO YOUR RESEARCH...

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I really think that at 180 lbs and less than 9% body fat, i am very close to my natural limits.. otherwise i wouldn't have even considered steroids .. and i still haven't run my first cycle.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    I really think that at 180 lbs and less than 9% body fat, i am very close to my natural limits.. otherwise i wouldn't have even considered steroids.. and i still haven't run my first cycle.
    I was thinking, some dudes have moaned about others who cycle before achieving 230 lbs, etc. However to be able to acheive 230 lbs and be under 15% BF is a rare thing. Most guys have crappy genes, some, all the men in their family who did not workout never broke past 145 lbs without the extra being all fat. For example all too many guys will never get past 180 lbs while staying under 15% body fat, no matter what the workout program, intensity and years into it... so does that make the 180# guy's claim that he needs steroids to get a better build any less valid then the guy who hits his brick wall at 230 lbs?

Swellin Guest
    Nope, I did not. I thought I did, but it took the research I did for the cycle to show me the proper way to eat. I started before I reached my natural potential. However, the old natural test producer down stairs just ain't putting out what she used to. So it is hard to say what I could have done with my lower test levels.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    How many steroid users here honestly reached their natural limit before using AAS? Please be honest. Many many people advise otehrs not to try them until they have maxed out naturally, but how many of us practice what we preach?
    If you are beyond a natural limit for LBM than you would have to bridge between every cycle just to maintain... you need to be an advanced athlete - but not necessarily at some genetic limit before you begin using.

Someone should have several years of training and reached an advanced athletic state before starting AAS. Some things you need to be know... how to train your body for growth, eat for your goals and know what leads you to injury... as well as have strong tendons and ligaments for the quick increases in strength before jumping on exogenous androgen use. IMO - you don't need to have reached some genetic limit - you just need to be an advanced/experienced trainee to safely use AAS and retain the gains from it...

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    i know few people that reached their natural limit before starting.... as russ said, its basically a serious commitment to a very serious and strict life style

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    I trained for 9 years before I started anything, but it was only in the last few years that I had learned how to eat, train and rest properly. I'm sure I still could have done alittle more naturally, but I felt at this point I was ready to take the next step.

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    If you are beyond a natural limit for LBM than you would have to bridge between every cycle just to maintain... you need to be an advanced athlete - but not necessarily at some genetic limit before you begin using.

Someone should have several years of training and reached an advanced athletic state before starting AAS. Some things you need to be know... how to train your body for growth, eat for your goals and know what leads you to injury... as well as have strong tendons and ligaments for the quick increases in strength before jumping on exogenous androgen use. IMO - you don't need to have reached some genetic limit - you just need to be an advanced/experienced trainee to safely use AAS and retain the gains from it...
    This was just the post I was looking for. I have been tinkering with the idea of holding off on AAS because for whatever reason I felt as if I could reach more naturally. However, you bring up all valid points. Certainly we could all reach more naturally, but using AAS involves understanding dieting, resistance training, and all of the other aspects involved which I feel I have a good grasp of.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    These are about the results I was looking for. It seems whenever a noob comes on this board asking their noobie questions, they always get told to make sure they max out their potential naturally before they choose chemical enhancement. But as I suspected, many of us have not followed our own advice.

djboots is offline Associate Member
    I wont lie I was not at my natual limit. The reason that I chose AS was to get A boost I was not That in love with working out but wanted results. Well my plan worked I got a great boost and now I just Cant Wait to train every day even off cycle. the results that you get from training are priceless and satisfaction is just so self gratifing. I actually real look at training in a whole new way and it was the As that got me to love it at first

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Why would you have to be at some genetic limit? I remember people saying this on the boards over a year ago... but why? You just need your body and know-how primed for the gains associated with androgen use. Why is this like some kind of coming out of the closet thing People can say they were or were not - but they don't really know for sure what their genetic potential was/is... plus - how could you ever keep any AAS gains if you are over what your body can maintain with it's naturally occuring androgens or "natural limit"?

If someone tells somebody they need to reach their genetic limit - that sounds more like, "You need more time under the bench son..." than some obscure finishing line...

Thread Information