frank_frank is offline Senior Member

for the SMART ONES

does being on cycle actually help in rebuilding a strained muscle??? isnt that one of the main purposes of steroids anyway???

i remember my dad had strained a muscle in his forearm and he was given some kind of steroid for a few weeks

im running just test and yesterday i got a minor strain in my hamstring...do u think being on cycle will speed up my recovery???

i had strained a hamstring a while ago and i was off cycle, and it seemed to take forever to heal
    -another time i was on cycle and strained a hamstring, and it seemed to heal a lot faster?? coinsidence or is there some relation???

PS- should i be doing light jogs to get some blood and nutrients to the area?? its only been one day since it happened

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    The first was a corticosteriod , AAS are totally different and I wouldn't say that they are known for healing properties.

Beast 03 is offline Banned
    I'm not sure about a strain, but AAS help with the recovery of torn muscle tissue, so yea the repairing of the muscle is a lot faster, making it possible even to work out twice a day if u need to

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    DECA will help with those nagging joint problems,i know sometimes i have trouble walking a set of steps because my knees hurt like hell.but running deca i feel like i'm 18 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast 03
    I'm not sure about a strain, but AAS help with the recovery of torn muscle tissue, so yea the repairing of the muscle is a lot faster, making it possible even to work out twice a day if u need to
    a strain is just a partial strain isn't it?

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Most likely your dads "steroid shots" was catabolic steroid (cortisal) shots to reduce inflamation. With your injury it would depend on if it is a muscle injury or a tendon injury. If you are taking testosterone only and have a tendon problem then the testosterone cause your body to have a decrease in collagen synthesis, so the chances of testosterone healing that type of injury isnt good. But if it is a muscle fiber injury , I would say yes it would help speed up the recovery of your injury. I have managed to tear a strand of muscle in my quad, and it really shows when I pump them up real good. I have an indention in the side of my leg. It hurt when I did it but was able to work through the pain. And a few weeks latter it doesnt even bother me. I have actually increased my squat routine and max weight.

If it is muscle fiber it will heal. If it is a tendon get you some nandrolone phenilpropinate, that is something that will kick in fast and will excelerate your collagen synthesis by 300%. And just go easy on it or even lay of the hamstring exercises all together. I find with a small injury it is allways better to go through the motions, than to baby the injury completely. That just makes it take longer to heal. Unless it is somthing serious!!!!

Good luck!!!!!!!!

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    if you can resist the temptation to train, i'm sure that nandrolone would help your recovery.

Beast 03 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by frank_frank
    a strain is just a partial strain isn't it?
    u mean a partial tear? umm i think so..
    Last edited by Beast 03; 06-14-2004 at 12:06 PM.

well i have strained a hamstring(muscle) like 3 times before this....i am almost positive that it's a muscle injury...

so your telling me that the test will aid in healing the muscle??right?

--thanks a lot bros

supirman45 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    DECA will help with those nagging joint problems,i know sometimes i have trouble walking a set of steps because my knees hurt like hell.but running deca i feel like i'm 18 again.
    deca acts like a cortizone shot, then after its out of your system joints will likely feel much worse since you've probably unknowingly done more damage to them.

It may mask the pain for a while, but eventually it will get you....

ya i cant take decca due to its long detection time...

any other thoughts??

any others???

hispandex is offline New Member
    AAS will probably help if you take part in rehad exercises--isokinetic rehab machines. remember, they make your muscle strength to increase much faster and tendons lag behinc due to them not being as vascular. just stick to high intensity sets, without much load.

deca and EQ help articualtion problems b/c they increase synovial fluid in the joint capsule therefore providing a cushioning mechanism.

anti-inflammatories are what may hinder healing as they reduce the inflammatory response which is there to help the body part heal.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    How do you keep injuring your one hamstring over and over again???? That would sound like somthin besides a muscle injury if it keeps on giving you problems. Are you involved with sports??

yes i am involved in sports...i do a lot of running and plyometric excersizes...
    this is the first time ive injured my right hamstring... ive done my left one about 3 times and my quad twice...

i was doing assistance running where u r being pulled by someone on an elastic band whichc causes your turnover to be faster and your stride longer...i think i overstrided and thats how it happened

Quote Originally Posted by supirman45
    deca acts like a cortizone shot, then after its out of your system joints will likely feel much worse since you've probably unknowingly done more damage to them.

It may mask the pain for a while, but eventually it will get you....
    Cortizone (tradename) is a Skin-moisterizer used by Doctors to let patients overcome chronic itching etc...

I think you mean Cortico-steroids ....
    Or a Cortisol-shot (Which I highly doubt they use as a treatment for these kind of things)..

Greets
    Kingofmasters

musclehead1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frank_frank
    yes i am involved in sports...i do a lot of running and plyometric excersizes...
    this is the first time ive injured my right hamstring... ive done my left one about 3 times and my quad twice...

i was doing assistance running where u r being pulled by someone on an elastic band whichc causes your turnover to be faster and your stride longer...i think i overstrided and thats how it happened

"remember to keep tha toe up"....my coach took sumthing when he injured his hammy for 3 weeks so he could run in his state finals....i have injured my hammy and severly where all the blood gathered up in a ball (it took the physiotherpist three weeks to work on it to get rid of it).....the next time i injured the same hammy and my physiotherapist said it was most likely the cause of scar tissue....so i think what u should get done to it is some kind of massage and take some kind of roid to speed up recovery. best of luck

supirman45 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofmasters
    I think you mean Cortico-steroids ....
    Or a Cortisol-shot (Which I highly doubt they use as a treatment for these kind of things)..
    That's probably it. corti-something. My mom gets those shots in her knees.

hispandex is offline New Member
    cortisone shots help clean out scar tissue but break up normal tissue also. sometimes, hamstring pulls are a result of muscular imbalances(hams weak as comapred to quads)

kingofmasters,
    i think u r thinking of cortizone 10....ya thats an anti itch cream or something???

but i think supirman45 is right.... a cortizone(spelling) shot is used to break up scar tissue and its like a long term anti inflamitory ( im not sure if its considered a steroid ..probabaly though)

Thread Information