bikeman32 is offline New Member

gear to use for bicycle racing ?

Hello everyone I'm new to this site and was hoping someone could help me out. I have been racing Mountainbikes for about 10 years and was wondering if there would be anything to use that might boost my power and muscular endurance.I'm not looking to put on size, just something to help in my strenght gains. I do some lifting during my winter training before the racing season. I usaully start racing during mid March. any info would be helpful.

Swellin Guest
    Strength without size? That is not going to be easy.

Most racing boils down to whose lungs are the best. Even though, a stronger performer might have an advantage...a performer that does not tire will crush the strong guy.

As such, I would say that EPO would be great for you...before a race.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Well, if youre dead set on taking gear...I'd say to run EQ....raises RBC count.

I'm a MB'er too! I just went to the Interbike show in Vegas...cool as hell.

JMHO

D

(Die hard Schwinn Homegrown rider....one hard tail...one carbon full suspension)

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Coming from someone who races motocross, I can tell you that all the gear I have done has done absolutely nothing to make me faster! The bigger I get, the slower I go, unfortunately. Stay natural and just train hard, that's the best way bro. If you want to be bigger or stronger, you will have to make sacrifices in other areas, and your speed on a bike will probably take the first hit. Just something to think about.

-moto

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    halo (halotestinn)might do ya some good.
    Its an oral steroid that will give you strength increases with no size gains.
    Last edited by RageControl; 01-08-2004 at 11:31 PM.

Swellin Guest
    I just reread this, and realized that EPO might not be a household name. It is used primarily for cancer pantients and is not a steroid . It will raise your RBC count tremendously. But it only does so for a short period of time (I'm not an expert on EPO, but I think it's effects last a few days).
    It is also undectable on a gear test, but it is pretty obvious what is happening if they check you RBC count. When it is 10x normal, they start pointing fingers.

fortyfly is offline New Member
    As a retired bike racer...

hgh (optional)
    epo (absolutely)
    test (absolutely)
    deca (if no blood control cuz' stays for long time)

If you do this you WILL go VERY fast. Sort of mind blowing actually. Keep in mind not a single pro roadie in europe is clean...

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Geez i wouldn't know what to advise... Mountain biking, cycling for that matter is almost strictly endurance... I wouldn't know what to advise other then dropping your bodyfat that it is now, and get as lean as possible... maybe a clen t3 cycle... geez hgh would work...of course.. i would concentrate on getting as lean as possible... no need to carry around extra weight

Quote Originally Posted by fortyfly
    As a retired bike racer...

hgh (optional)
    epo (absolutely)
    test (absolutely)
    deca (if no blood control cuz' stays for long time)

If you do this you WILL go VERY fast. Sort of mind blowing actually. Keep in mind not a single pro roadie in europe is clean...
    It seems like I have read alot about pro's testing positve for nandrolone , that is Deca right. If so are ther any down sides to it. Don't all steriods raise the RBC count?

Back when i was 16-18 i used to speedskate, olympic short track... Now that i know whats out there (drug wise), there really isn't much you can take on season for individual sports like that... i would have to go with a strict diet, high protein...low fat..take in some carbs...but bro i would get lean...like **** near 5% bf... maybe offseason run anavar or something mild for some gains...but just stay lean, and healthy cause its all endurance nothing else out there with that type of sport...

good luck with this one...wasn't there a mod/vet named mountainbiker..he would know

Quote Originally Posted by swellin
    I just reread this, and realized that EPO might not be a household name. It is used primarily for cancer pantients and is not a steroid . It will raise your RBC count tremendously. But it only does so for a short period of time (I'm not an expert on EPO, but I think it's effects last a few days).
    It is also undectable on a gear test, but it is pretty obvious what is happening if they check you RBC count. When it is 10x normal, they start pointing fingers.
    I really don't want to take a chance with Epo,I know how it works for a endurance athalete but seems to risky for a novice. I keep thinking maybe a light cycle of deca . It seems alot of pro's test positve for it. All the steroid profiles seem to say deca is used by alot of athaletes of all types and has very few side effects. I'm trying to make an educated and safe choice.

BDTR is offline Retired
    You'll put on a lot of water weight with deca ...

test prop and halo or var would be good for what you want.

I'm thinking to myself why deca , it makes you so frickin bloated?... Nothing like carrying around 15lbs of water with you... I dunno...alot of pros test positve for deca... does armstrong test positive for anything...or lemond did he...i bet its all the twigs from france...haha

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    You'll put on a lot of water weight with deca ...
    test prop and halo or var would be good for what you want.
    I would have to agree, stay lean for the bike racing... i forgot about halo, but something that won't make you hold 10lbs of water...

Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    I would have to agree, stay lean for the bike racing... i forgot about halo, but something that won't make you hold 10lbs of water...
    I originally wanted to get hold of some anavar but it seems it is almost impossable to find. The reason I was asking about Deca is my source suggested that. what If it was used in small quanity's ?

Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    Geez i wouldn't know what to advise... Mountain biking, cycling for that matter is almost strictly endurance... I wouldn't know what to advise other then dropping your bodyfat that it is now, and get as lean as possible... maybe a clen t3 cycle... geez hgh would work...of course.. i would concentrate on getting as lean as possible... no need to carry around extra weight
    Clenbuterol is something I have heard of cyclists using, why would it be used it isn't a AS is it?

Swellin Guest
    You will find out rather quickly around here, that a deca only cycle is a BAD idea...

If you don't want to try EPO, then Bdtr hit the nail on the head....test prop and anavar ....you might could add EQ.

Uh, Monster, the frogs had a problem with Armstrong a couple of years ago because his RBC count was high. This was the year after his run in with cancer...if you need any more help guessing what he was running, read my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman32
    I originally wanted to get hold of some anavar but it seems it is almost impossable to find. The reason I was asking about Deca is my source suggested that. what If it was used in small quanity's ?
    Anavar is still around, but it is expensive!!!! find some halo instead... As far as running deca in small quanitys... I would safely assume that it would be a waste deca at a small quanity by itself would not be worth shooting into your body... If you did mix it with say halo, prop, anavar i still think you wouldn't see anything decent at a small dosage, at the most maybe some water retention...

HiHCT is offline New Member
    Would'nt a bit of LongR3 IGF-1 do a cyclist wonders?

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    Coming from someone who races motocross, I can tell you that all the gear I have done has done absolutely nothing to make me faster! The bigger I get, the slower I go, unfortunately. Stay natural and just train hard, that's the best way bro. If you want to be bigger or stronger, you will have to make sacrifices in other areas, and your speed on a bike will probably take the first hit. Just something to think about.

-moto

AMEN!!!!!!! I also race motocross, and motoxxx is right...bigger(usually)=slower. In our case some added muscle can help you throw the bike around better, but w/ a 250cc class bike thats around 225 lbs. I dont know if that will really help w/ a 50 or 60 lb downhill bike. CARDIO!!!!! that is the way to go. I run 3.5 miles 6 days a week when racing. After one week of that i noticed a huge difference. Barely even breathing heavy when the race is over. If you do decide to go w/ AS just remember in our kind of sports flexibility is very important so STRECTH ALOT. Hope this helps.

P.S.-Remember...rubber side down.

Matto20 is offline Member
    an anavar only cycle is a good idea for what you're after, and will most likely shred you to pieces. anavar is actually fairly abundant if you really look hard for it, and running it alone is an extremely safe and effective option for an athlete such as yourself, and it's short half-life is just one of many bonuses to the drug...

PM me if you have any questions. i honestly doubt that you want to put any heavy androgens into your body but many on here will probably disagree with me about it. but i think i know of a few ways you can get exactly what you're looking for.

Thread Information