Justarting is offline Associate Member

Carbs and there effect on body temperature?

I noticed lately that about 30 minutes after a very high carb meal i feel much hotter, and look much more vascular, in fact my body temperature actually goes up a about a degree or two as well, is this as a result of the carbohydrates? and therefore, a higher body temperature equals more calories burned would it be more effective to have moderate carbs in my diet rather than low carbs for fat burning?

eacman65 is offline Member
    ???? thats a tough question, ive always heard that low carbs are better for burning

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    The only time carbs make me hot is when I'm on DNP .

You should ask this question in the diet forum.

g_2
    g_2 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justarting
    would it be more effective to have moderate carbs in my diet rather than low carbs for fat burning?
    There's two answers to this. I could write pages on this subject, but will try to keep it short because I'll probably just end up making myself sound like a prick...

1 - Eating more carbs is not going to directly force your body to burn more calories. Depending on the types of carbs you're talking about, you could be seeing the effect of insulin , among other things....

2 - Low carb diets are flat-out BS and I'll call anyone to the carpet who says otherwise. In a nutshell:

- they do NOT force to burn more fat than you would otherwise
    - they ARE very detrimental to anyone engaged in above average physical activity (ie: not sitting on your a$$ watching TV all day)
    - they DO force your body to metabolize and break down muscle protein at an astonishing rate
    - they ARE counterproductive to AAS cycles

Your cells REQUIRE glucose/[glycogen for storage] for energy production. If you are not taking in enough carbs (which are broken down into glucose), then both fat and muscle needs to be broken down in its place. What does taking in enough carbs mean? About 60% of your calories should be from carbs. The tougher question is how many calories you should be taking in.

So what happens if you're buying-in to the crap information that corporations like Atkins would love for you to believe? Since you're not taking in nearly the amount of carbs you need, you body will break down muscles to get to glucogenic amino acids. Yeah buddy - up to 90% of the glucose required by the body to support energy production in working muscle cells, brain cells, and nerve cells can come from the destruction of muscle. The actual distribution of % glucose from protein vs fat depends on diet and other factors such as how beat-up your liver already is (not to mention the downward spiral you're putting it on by combining a high-protein, low-carb diet with AAS). What's even funnier is that all the other amino acids (and nitrogen!) from the newly broken down muscle protein just gets disposed of, so it's a complete depletion and waste of muscle!

Does fat get burned in this process? Sure, some does, but you'd be better off keeping your existing muscle (or putting more on) which in-turn jacks up your resting metabolic rate, as opposed to sabotaging it. All of this is why many people see % body fat not change, or in many cases go up, when they do these diets. Of those who do see a drop in % body fat, it is always because of cardio and other factors, and I can guarantee you they have dropped a considerable amount of muscle along side that fat, as opposed to probably putting on more like they would have done with a healthy diet.

madmaniac is offline Junior Member
    "fat burns in the furnace of carbs"

take glucorell(r-ala) before your carb meals to lower the insulin that carbs produce. therefore gaining less fat and keeping energy levels high.

i dont know why more people dont take this product. i believe it is a MUST HAVE supplement.

g_2
    g_2 is offline New Member
    Preventing insulin release could have other problems like allowing your blood-sugar levels to become too steep. This in turn causes other problems because of the imbalance in blood pH which leads to cell destruction. (Hence why diabetes is a bad thing that people try to avoid.) Since the goal is to make bigger cells, not destroy them, blocking insulin is a no-no. Better bet is to just eat a healthy well-balanced diet. Plus, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than blowing that money on supplements. Save the money for more gear and a few chicken breasts.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Yep, its the spike in your slin production.

D

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g_2
    There's two answers to this. I could write pages on this subject, but will try to keep it short because I'll probably just end up making myself sound like a prick...

1 - Eating more carbs is not going to directly force your body to burn more calories. Depending on the types of carbs you're talking about, you could be seeing the effect of insulin , among other things....

2 - Low carb diets are flat-out BS and I'll call anyone to the carpet who says otherwise. In a nutshell:

- they ARE very detrimental to anyone engaged in above average physical activity (ie: not sitting on your a$$ watching TV all day)
    - they DO force your body to metabolize and break down muscle protein at an astonishing rate
    1.)What you were experiencing is the 'thermic effect' of food.The act of digestion raises body temperature (i.e. metabolism).That in part is what makes eating small meals over the course of a day effective for raising the metabolism.

2.)I didn't want to go into this low-carb debate on this board..seeing soo many people believe in it.I however agree with you.Low-carb diets are COUNTERPRODUCTIVE.Right now, believe it or not, i'm ingesting 300-600 grams of carbs per day and am 9 weeks out from competition and getting harder daily.When i go low-carb i lose muscle at a ridiculous rate regardless of how high my protein is.My coach even advise i lower my protein to under 1 gram per pound.I use 0.75grams per pound of bodyweight and i've seen nothing but improvements.That's another story however

madmaniac is offline Junior Member
    actually i was wrong. r-ala doesnt lower the insulin the carbs produce.
    it does improve your bodies ability to uptake glucose so that the insulin released is used and then over with quicker. Your body will not burn fat in the presence of insulin so you want to get rid of it as soon as possible.
    Better diet doesn't cut it for insulin resistant people, like those who use AS. you assume that all people are perfectly balanced with insulin sensitivity. Sorry, that's not the way it is. And no one knows what causes insulin resistance to occur in some people and not others so it looks like your out of touch with the diabetes aspect.

frank_frank is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g_2

Your cells REQUIRE glucose/[glycogen for storage] for energy production. If you are not taking in enough carbs (which are broken down into glucose), then both fat and muscle needs to be broken down in its place. What does taking in enough carbs mean? About 60% of your calories should be from carbs. The tougher question is how many calories you should be taking in.

So what happens if you're buying-in to the crap information that corporations like Atkins would love for you to believe? Since you're not taking in nearly the amount of carbs you need, you body will break down muscles to get to glucogenic amino acids. Yeah buddy - up to 90% of the glucose required by the body to support energy production in working muscle cells, brain cells, and nerve cells can come from the destruction of muscle. The actual distribution of % glucose from protein vs fat depends on diet and other factors such as how beat-up your liver already is (not to mention the downward spiral you're putting it on by combining a high-protein, low-carb diet with AAS). What's even funnier is that all the other amino acids (and nitrogen!) from the newly broken down muscle protein just gets disposed of, so it's a complete depletion and waste of muscle!

Does fat get burned in this process? Sure, some does, but you'd be better off keeping your existing muscle (or putting more on) which in-turn jacks up your resting metabolic rate, as opposed to sabotaging it. All of this is why many people see % body fat not change, or in many cases go up, when they do these diets. Of those who do see a drop in % body fat, it is always because of cardio and other factors, and I can guarantee you they have dropped a considerable amount of muscle along side that fat, as opposed to probably putting on more like they would have done with a healthy diet.
    good info g2

Thread Information