Grown man cries tonight in pain(everyone needs to read this)

well fellaz, don't tell me this story belongs in the lounge, its just too important for you to miss. take the time and read a situation of what happend tonight it might help you out a bit.

the biggest fear i have while on cycle, is injury due to tendons and smaller stabilizer muscles not beeing able to cope with the adjustment of a drastic increase in strength. my uncle told me a story a couple years ago, on how he was watching his bro do deads at a meet, and he was on cycle, and his friend blew his back out attempting more weight than he could actually handle.

what happend tonight----------------

i have a very trusted spotter. me and him have been through high school together and we know not to **** around when it comes time to lift. we both used to compete in powerlifting, and our stats are almost identicle. its nice hanging around someone like that to give you competiton you know?anyhow, me and him were going through our usual routine. it was shoulder day. we start out by going to our militarys then so on.

so were both feeling really good. i just came off a cycle and im coping with the little strength and weight loss im going through but im still feeling ok. he started a cycle of test e/deca around 6 weeks ago and hes doing great. he's up in strength a good bit and gaining some really good mass. so his military's were going a bit strong, and i guess he felt good, and he throws on 245 for his second set. i thought it was a bit much for him due to the fact that, before the cycle, his LAST set of militarys were 205x3. what was he gonna finish off with tonight? i have no idea. so we unrack the weight and he comes down with it. 1, 2, 3, he came down on the 4th one and about half way up, something blew out on his right shoulder. his form was PERFECT. back a little arched, stomach out, traps back exactly how we always do them. back to the rep, about half way up something just totally snapped in his shoulder, it didn sound like it snapped, but it just gave it out and immediatly he just started yelling. im PRETTY SURE it was his rotor cuff, cuzz it was in that vicinity. when the weight came down on him i somewhat managed to throw the bar forward so it wouldnt drop on him. but after that he just fell to the floor holding his arm and yelling. i immediatly started yelling for someone to call an ambulance and that got sorted out. i rolled him over on his back and his shoulder was COMPLETELY purple. not like bruis kinda purple but almost black.

the ambulance came and got him and i followed him up to the hospital but theres nothing i could do after that. im looking to go back in a little bit to see whats up.

moral of the story------------------------

for guys who are starting to introduce steroids into your life, NEVER EVER, I REPEAT, EVER, MAKE TOO MUCH OF AN INCRIMINT IN WEIGHT JUST CUZZ YOU FEEL GOOD. this might not happen to everyone, but tendons DO snap, and foundations DO blow out.

when you dont let your muscles cope with the rapid increase in strength, your **** well gonna hurt yourself.incriments of 40/50 lbs in one cycle seems fair, but its that set you say "lets throw on 20 lbs more to see whats up" thats gonna getcha.

do excercises for those stabilizer muscles to help your frame get used to all that weight. my buddy didnt believe in doing rotor cuff excercises whatsoever when we were on a PL team with heavy benchpresses and MAYBE this got em.

i dont have much else to say bros, if my spotter got taken out of the game then im gonna be ****ed for a while.

BE CAREFUL.

hybrid is offline Member
    You said it bro. Best to be careful.

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    All the best to your bro...shty to hear.

all i can say if ****, and im sorry to hear that man.. if that happened to me, i dont think i would be able to bear it, off weights for sooo long...

TMac48 is offline Junior Member
    I've had the same problem. It wasn't that serious, but something in my shoulder has given out twice on me in the past. It only happens when I'm doing dumbell incline though. I'd like to know what it is, but I never went to a doctor or anything. I just go easy on it for a week or 2 and it seems to heal up ok, never really 100% though. Luckily it has only happened right after I've completed a cycles and not during, that would really piss me off. Anybody have a similar problem by chance or know what exactly it might be?

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    sorry to hear that. hope the best for your bro.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Yes it should be a lesson to all.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    I wish him the best...

Great post...

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    some of us have to learn by our own experiences, not by those of others. of course, however, i still hate to hear **** like that

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    Kind of scary to read since I have really inflammed tendons in my shoulder and the joint is really sore... Yet I keep pushing myself in the gym but I guess after reading this it's time to back off for a bit. Best of luck to your friend.

Krunchtime is offline Senior Member
    sorry to hear that. Im glad you posted that here too instead of just in the AR lounge

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Good info bro, thanks for sharing.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    yes very good advice...i know how that feels when you watch someone that close to you go down...kinda hits you at home a little...watched my best freind blow out his knee while he was being scouted at a playoff football game to possibly go D-1...put him into some serious depression...so what ever you do...stay positive everytime your around him...and dont leave him alone alot...call...get him outta the house and **** like that...that will be the best rehab for him at first

Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    yes very good advice...i know how that feels when you watch someone that close to you go down...kinda hits you at home a little...watched my best freind blow out his knee while he was being scouted at a playoff football game to possibly go D-1...put him into some serious depression...so what ever you do...stay positive everytime your around him...and dont leave him alone alot...call...get him outta the house and **** like that...that will be the best rehab for him at first

BUMP.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    **** bro, hopefully he gets better. Thats a horrible story.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    THAT SUX MAN>

I wish him well and speedy recovery.

not to shoulda woulda coulda whatever... but whenever I go heavy or heavier I use the smith press. But, whatever, I blew my gut out one time doing 3plates and a quarter a side on smith quite a few years ago.

SUCKED BAD ... and felt absolutely TERRIBLE and I don't press that much anymore !! even though I would like to !!

cman56 is offline New Member
    horrible man i am sorry

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental

BUMP.
    yep...i know whats gonna happen...if you want any guidence in anyway just pm me...

Its gonna be tuff on him...and the last thing you need to do is leave him hangin...i tended to kinda leave my bud out of things b/c he couldnt do much and things like walking or even getting in a car were a pain in the ass...but that will just make things worse

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    This is the main reason I will not bring a journal into the gym anymore because It makes me want to lift more and I've already destroyed 2 shoulders...

Thanks for the story bro,

BLT

ntwrk is offline Junior Member
    BUMP
    Hope your bro gets better soon.

IronAdam is offline Member
    That sucks man, I hope he recovers well. My bro just f'ed up his rotator cuff last night. "I'm gunna put on another 20..." Famous last words.

I was looking forward to deadlifts today...now I'm just worried.

Wish your spotter the best of luck in his recovery.

Peace

BIGGIE_smalls is offline Associate Member
    geez, i hope he gets well soon, and is back in training soon. sux to be out of the game.

good luck bro(s)

-Biggie

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    hmmm be there for him bro he needs a spot now

rhapsody is offline Junior Member

over confident

Good post, right on as it can happen to ANYONE. Sometimes our ego can be ones downfall.

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    I feel your pain bro... I agree you should not make big weight jumps - I just strained a shoulder bicep tendon 8 weeks ago cause I felt real strong and added about 25 # on a bench max.

Good luck to you and your bro...

Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    well fellaz, don't tell me this story belongs in the lounge, its just too important for you to miss. take the time and read a situation of what happend tonight it might help you out a bit.

the biggest fear i have while on cycle, is injury due to tendons and smaller stabilizer muscles not beeing able to cope with the adjustment of a drastic increase in strength. my uncle told me a story a couple years ago, on how he was watching his bro do deads at a meet, and he was on cycle, and his friend blew his back out attempting more weight than he could actually handle.

what happend tonight----------------

i have a very trusted spotter. me and him have been through high school together and we know not to **** around when it comes time to lift. we both used to compete in powerlifting, and our stats are almost identicle. its nice hanging around someone like that to give you competiton you know?anyhow, me and him were going through our usual routine. it was shoulder day. we start out by going to our militarys then so on.

so were both feeling really good. i just came off a cycle and im coping with the little strength and weight loss im going through but im still feeling ok. he started a cycle of test e/deca around 6 weeks ago and hes doing great. he's up in strength a good bit and gaining some really good mass. so his military's were going a bit strong, and i guess he felt good, and he throws on 245 for his second set. i thought it was a bit much for him due to the fact that, before the cycle, his LAST set of militarys were 205x3. what was he gonna finish off with tonight? i have no idea. so we unrack the weight and he comes down with it. 1, 2, 3, he came down on the 4th one and about half way up, something blew out on his right shoulder. his form was PERFECT. back a little arched, stomach out, traps back exactly how we always do them. back to the rep, about half way up something just totally snapped in his shoulder, it didn sound like it snapped, but it just gave it out and immediatly he just started yelling. im PRETTY SURE it was his rotor cuff, cuzz it was in that vicinity. when the weight came down on him i somewhat managed to throw the bar forward so it wouldnt drop on him. but after that he just fell to the floor holding his arm and yelling. i immediatly started yelling for someone to call an ambulance and that got sorted out. i rolled him over on his back and his shoulder was COMPLETELY purple. not like bruis kinda purple but almost black.

the ambulance came and got him and i followed him up to the hospital but theres nothing i could do after that. im looking to go back in a little bit to see whats up.

moral of the story------------------------

for guys who are starting to introduce steroids into your life, NEVER EVER, I REPEAT, EVER, MAKE TOO MUCH OF AN INCRIMINT IN WEIGHT JUST CUZZ YOU FEEL GOOD. this might not happen to everyone, but tendons DO snap, and foundations DO blow out.

when you dont let your muscles cope with the rapid increase in strength, your **** well gonna hurt yourself.incriments of 40/50 lbs in one cycle seems fair, but its that set you say "lets throw on 20 lbs more to see whats up" thats gonna getcha.

do excercises for those stabilizer muscles to help your frame get used to all that weight. my buddy didnt believe in doing rotor cuff excercises whatsoever when we were on a PL team with heavy benchpresses and MAYBE this got em.

i dont have much else to say bros, if my spotter got taken out of the game then im gonna be ****ed for a while.

BE CAREFUL.

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Bump cause everyone should read this like you said. Best wishes to your training partner.

Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    hmmm be there for him bro he needs a spot now
    couldn't of said it any other way, and thanx for everyones support im doing the best i can

bubbathegut is offline Member
    let us know what happens tomorrow or if you hear anything tonight

• Thread Information