NeedPaintoGain is offline Junior Member

Anybody read the article in Anabolic Insider on the documentary on steroids?? Unreal!

I cant find a copy of the article online, and Im not sure if i would get in trouble putting up the article on here, but to sum it up....

the article is a 3 part article written by Wes Altamont who has spent time going through the bodybuilding world and expressing his final views from an outsider perspective...In his first part of the article he basically describes how he sees many of steroid users as blind users and are in a state of denial from the harms that steroids can produce...He does make a good point that despite the horrors heard from steroid abuse , people are still taking them without proper knowledge...

He goes on to accuse roids as "something that is much more a social issue than anything else. Its on par with ecstasy, crystal methamphetamine, and heroin addiction..." He said he has gone through countless pages of police reports in connection to steroid use such as "Tales of boyfriends killing girlfriends, of wives blowing husbands away" and other criminal acts...In the UK needle exchange, he says that "60% - were not heroin addicts, but intramuscular steroid injectors." He agrees that many bodybuilders have enough knowledge to be dangerous, but not enough to know any better.

He goes on to describe certain reasons people use roids such as aesthetic purposes or having bodies that are god-like simply to pick up girls...also he brings up how many are in denial and have the thought of baldness or lack of sex drive in the future simple wont happen because its "not me".

What was most shocking to me was the last paragraph: "remember U gave seen the true dregs of society-the disenfranchised, the hopeless and helpless who walk the earth like zombies and have nothing in their possession to lose. I've come to the conclusion that this is much worse. At least the dregs know who they are, where they've been and what they've done to get there."

Is this guy saying that steroid users are just as bad, if not worse, than hardcore drug users?? It sounds like he believes roid users are worse than heroin addicts..

What do you guys think about this? and if anyone has read the entire article and knows a little more about what was written, feel free to add onto this..

Quotes taken from article "The Needle and the Damage Done", in Anabolic Insider, July 2004

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    what a ****ing joke that article was. but what do u expect from some third rate magainze that says their products are better than then illegal ****.

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    also did u guys know that they have a class action lawsuit against them right now?

Thread Information