LAPharmBoy is offline New Member

Steroids and anti-depressants?

Any reason that one couldn't take anti-depressants and steroids at the same time? I am taking wellbutrin for depression and want to start a cycle combining test/deca & HGH.

thanks in advance, guys.

LAPharmBoy

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I am not a doc so all I can talk about is my experience. I am on zoloft & juice have had no probs.

Matto20 is offline Member
    i think you should be fine, but any kind of hormonal imbalance can cause anxiety. i would just make sure to treat yourself well during the time you're on your cycle and try and plan ahead to remain as relaxed as possible. keep some marijuana around if that helps you relax (that's what i do, among other things), get a new book, work on something fun, or just make sure you keep doing things that keep you happy while your hormones are all over the place.

i do have some advice about your future though - avoid equipose and fina. both steroids are known to cause irritability and anxiety in many people, and for those of us with mental illnesses, we just don't even need to take such risks. even ECA can cause anxiety and mental instability. i've even noticed it in myself. good luck man. and i hope everything goes well for you.

cardiodan is offline Associate Member
    I would suggest you go on google.com and find yourself a good "medicine interaction tool" and also, do search the boards i believe there was a thread on this.

Steele is offline Member
    i take zoloft and juice occaisionally. i think it makes me more moody but, small price to pay IMO. does the wellbutrin give you sexual sides? cause zoloft kills my libido!!

rborwn77 is offline Associate Member
    I take lexapro ,and I dont get side effects form it .When I took the welbutrin it gave me side effects
    just remember when cycleing to stay on the med because they usually take a few weeks to get in your system.I know when on a cycle u feel great but if u stop your meds and come off of the cycle ,I cant imange the low u will be feeling would be (not a good idea) IMO

cardiodan is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rborwn77
    I take lexapro ,and I dont get side effects form it .When I took the welbutrin it gave me side effects
    just remember when cycleing to stay on the med because they usually take a few weeks to get in your system.I know when on a cycle u feel great but if u stop your meds and come off of the cycle ,I cant imange the low u will be feeling would be (not a good idea) IMO

rborwn77 before you read what im gonna say let it be known that I know little on depression and roids. Are you saying it's out of the question?
    It is VERY risky i agree, just as some users for effexor lexapro and paxil get side effects and some dont, same goes for steroids - it becomes very unpredictable. Clomid depression is also an issue. If youre on anti depressants, I can tell you this, avoid clomid as many people have seen depressive sides from it. Just do a search.

But rborwn77, what else can tell me about it, or anyone for that matter?

rborwn77 is offline Associate Member
    no I am not

people get depressed from clomid ? or from not taking clomid ? or from taking both ?

I cant see how clomid would make u get depressed ? I can see with out it ?

timvds is offline Member
    If you are on it already, do not stop taking it. It would do more harm by not taking them.

i take Wellbutrin you'll be fine.. wellbutrin is tha bomb

Quote Originally Posted by LAPharmBoy
    Any reason that one couldn't take anti-depressants and steroids at the same time? I am taking wellbutrin for depression and want to start a cycle combining test/deca & HGH.

thanks in advance, guys.

LAPharmBoy
    I can't see any reason whatsoever. From my personal experience (ive been on Anafranil(Clomipramine), tricyclic antidepressant and Luvox (SSRI) through several cycles and have not noticed any side effects or problems whatsoever. If anything, certain drugs could potentiate the effect of the steroids. For example if I drink 1 beer, it's as if I drank 2 or 3. It's similar to the grapefruit effect if you've ever heard of it.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Is it possible the depression may be a direct result on lowered t levels? You should get some blood work and see what your natural test levels are at before hand - you are almost 40 years old right? Testosterone in this case would be beneficial - it has been used for this before - for people suffering from dpression from low natural t-levels... the best part about it is your doc may be interested in prescribing you the gear...

Thread Information