Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member

Customs and Steroids

People are looking for everything on the Internet these days, from Beanie Babies to books and compact discs and even a bigger, stronger body.

Federal and state agents intercepted nine packages of anabolic steroids within the past month at the airport post office. The muscle-building drugs were all ordered by Oahu residents through the Internet.

Three arrests have been made, including a 24-year-old Navy corpsman arrested Tuesday at Aliamanu military housing. He was booked on possession of drug paraphernalia and three counts of first-degree promotion of a harmful drug.

U.S. Customs inspectors recovered a parcel from Thailand on May 20 addressed to the sailor and containing 300 tablets of steroids. The package was then delivered to the sailor's home by state and federal agents on Tuesday. About 200 additional pills and 20 liquid injections of steroids were recovered in his bedroom, police said.

"Once those drugs cross over our borders, they are controlled drugs," said Ed Howard, supervisory agent for the Narcotics Enforcement Division of the state Department of Public Safety. "When it comes in and we can tie you to it, we will vigorously pursue an investigation and prosecution."

A task force has been created with U.S. Customs, U.S. Postal inspectors and the state Department of Public Safety to crack down on incoming deliveries and orders.

The steroids are coming from countries such as Japan, Korea, South Africa, Thailand and Canada. A package was recovered yesterday from Paraguay, Howard said. In those countries, it is readily available. And in some, steroids can be purchased over the counter.

Officials believe the senders and Web site owners are drug dealers, not legitimate businesses. U.S. Customs is also working to crack down on those dealers.

Agents have identified a dozen Web sites that sell steroids.

Steroids can be purchased on the Internet for about $1 a pill. The pills have a street value in the United States of about $7 each.

Howard emphasized that buying steroids or any kind of controlled substances on the Internet is dangerous.

"It's a crap shoot," Howard said. "It's a real gamble."

At least two of the men busted for buying steroids, including a registered nurse, said they didn't know it was illegal to make the purchase.

"If you don't know it's illegal, why not see your doctor and get a prescription?" Howard said. "The bottom line is do not order controlled substances, such as anabolic steroids , on the Internet."

dirtybrit55 is offline Member
    scary, glad I don't order from a .com

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    The fact that one country's name isn't on that list makes me very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    The fact that one country's name isn't on that list makes me very happy.
    I thought the same exact thing. Weird. You must be psychic, all that BA I guess.

V_Xsucks is offline Banned
    good thread.

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    I thought the same exact thing. Weird. You must be psychic, all that BA I guess.
    Yeah, BA does strange things to people.

bubbathegut is offline Member
    i like BA myself

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrit55
    scary, glad I don't order from a .com
    they dont bust people based on the fact they ordered from a .com, they bust them in customs, they open the package and its juice and then go bust them

People are looking for everything on the Internet these days, from Beanie Babies to books and compact discs and even a bigger, stronger body.

Federal and state agents intercepted nine packages of anabolic steroids within the past month at the airport post office. The muscle-building drugs were all ordered by Oahu residents through the Internet.

Three arrests have been made, including a 24-year-old Navy corpsman arrested Tuesday at Aliamanu military housing. He was booked on possession of drug paraphernalia and three counts of first-degree promotion of a harmful drug.

U.S. Customs inspectors recovered a parcel from Thailand on May 20 addressed to the sailor and containing 300 tablets of steroids. The package was then delivered to the sailor's home by state and federal agents on Tuesday. About 200 additional pills and 20 liquid injections of steroids were recovered in his bedroom, police said.

"Once those drugs cross over our borders, they are controlled drugs," said Ed Howard, supervisory agent for the Narcotics Enforcement Division of the state Department of Public Safety. "When it comes in and we can tie you to it, we will vigorously pursue an investigation and prosecution."

A task force has been created with U.S. Customs, U.S. Postal inspectors and the state Department of Public Safety to crack down on incoming deliveries and orders.

The steroids are coming from countries such as Japan, Korea, South Africa, Thailand and Canada. A package was recovered yesterday from Paraguay, Howard said. In those countries, it is readily available. And in some, steroids can be purchased over the counter.

Officials believe the senders and Web site owners are drug dealers, not legitimate businesses. U.S. Customs is also working to crack down on those dealers.

Agents have identified a dozen Web sites that sell steroids.

Steroids can be purchased on the Internet for about $1 a pill. The pills have a street value in the United States of about $7 each.

Howard emphasized that buying steroids or any kind of controlled substances on the Internet is dangerous.
    "It's a crap shoot," Howard said. "It's a real gamble."

At least two of the men busted for buying steroids, including a registered nurse, said they didn't know it was illegal to make the purchase.

"If you don't know it's illegal, why not see your doctor and get a prescription?" Howard said. "The bottom line is do not order controlled substances, such as anabolic steroids, on the Internet."
    That what I was making a reference to

palequail is offline Banned
    That is exactly why you don't order from Overseas.....The Number one reason is cause customs has access to your package....

I'd rather pay more in the Gym than risk customs coming to my house...

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    That what I was making a reference to
    By "on the internet" they just mean contacts made over the internet and communicated with over the internet. Very common way for it to go down. They're mostly just seperating it from the buys that happen face to face. Not so much indicating it was directly from a dot com.

Quote Originally Posted by palequail
    That is exactly why you don't order from Overseas.....The Number one reason is cause customs has access to your package....

Price vs. Risk, tough call because in some cases it is a HUGE difference. I think they are looking more for big packs as opposed to what I personally order. The guy they busted for 60 tabs was on a military base.

you are right, but i also saw "Agents have identified a dozen Web sites that sell steroids ." Meaning that these are all being watched as we at AR already know. Anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by palequail

You know maybe I go to the sally gym or something but I have only had 1 instance of someone in the gym offering my steroids . It was before I knew much but knew enough to not trust him and go learn more so I took his number and just never called. To get to my point though, other than that I don't have access to a "gym source" like everyone else seems to. I have suspects but I don't talk to anyone in the gym while I'm there. I don't want to be interupted so I certainly don't interupt anyone else, nor would I want to just ask that after saying hello. Did you guys go seek these sources in the gym or did they solicite you? To those that have them and use them and those that have them and don't use them as well.

you are right, but i also saw "Agents have identified a dozen Web sites that sell steroids." Meaning that these are all being watched as we at AR already know. Anyway....
    True true, it did say that.

you are right, but i also saw "Agents have identified a dozen Web sites that sell steroids." Meaning that these are all being watched as we at AR already know. Anyway....
    Hey are you correcting my correction of you?!?!?!? I'll give you a cookie mother ****er. j/k j/k

I ordered from .coms back in the day with great success.

its ok guys, we all lose everynow and then, today was just your time......i got two vascular cookies if you want them?

but yeh, i know one or two legit (for now) websites where the order will actually get through. Rather use other sources though.

palequail is offline Banned
    I understand you think that you aren't ordering much...but Customs dosen't care if the package is going to a Military base or a Home.....they just open the thing up and check it out...If anything I'd think the military guy would be safer than a civilian..

Eastcoast: as for gym sources if I ever needed a source from the gym I could easily have one, since I have a lot of friends in there...but the great thing about my life is I don't need one and never will...Mexico is a stones throw away...LOL>>>

RollPlayer is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECoastVIP
    You know maybe I go to the sally gym or something but I have only had 1 instance of someone in the gym offering my steroids. It was before I knew much but knew enough to not trust him and go learn more so I took his number and just never called. To get to my point though, other than that I don't have access to a "gym source" like everyone else seems to. I have suspects but I don't talk to anyone in the gym while I'm there. I don't want to be interupted so I certainly don't interupt anyone else, nor would I want to just ask that after saying hello. Did you guys go seek these sources in the gym or did they solicite you? To those that have them and use them and those that have them and don't use them as well.
    I BS with most of the guys in the gym. I've been going to my current gym for the past year and have already come across several sources. I also have an idea that several others use gear and if I wanted to pursue it I'm sure they would cough up some info eventually. I prefer not to use the sources at the gym, and don't ever, because they all talk. I'm not in the business of letting everyone know what I'm up to if you know what I mean.
    Anyway, years ago, when I had trouble making it to the gym on a regular basis, a friend of mine told me to begin BSing with the guys and get to know them. That way I would have someone to look forward to seeing each morning. That's what I've done ever since. I work out with some serious guys and my routines are done intensely as well, but even the most serious want to shoot the sh*t when they're not in the middle of a set. The subject may or may not come up... but a lot of other fun, serious, silly stuff does.
    Also, when I was much, much younger I used to sell dope So I may still have something about me that makes people comfortable enough to confide that type of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RollPlayer
    I BS with most of the guys in the gym. I've been going to my current gym for the past year and have already come across several sources. I also have an idea that several others use gear and if I wanted to pursue it I'm sure they would cough up some info eventually. I prefer not to use the sources at the gym, and don't ever, because they all talk. I'm not in the business of letting everyone know what I'm up to if you know what I mean.
    Anyway, years ago, when I had trouble making it to the gym on a regular basis, a friend of mine told me to begin BSing with the guys and get to know them. That way I would have someone to look forward to seeing each morning. That's what I've done ever since. I work out with some serious guys and my routines are done intensely as well, but even the most serious want to shoot the sh*t when they're not in the middle of a set. The subject may or may not come up... but a lot of other fun, serious, silly stuff does.
    Also, when I was much, much younger I used to sell dope So I may still have something about me that makes people comfortable enough to confide that type of stuff.
    Thanks for sharing the experience. That sounds like the best way to approach it. Like I said I have suspects but have never approached them. Luckily I have no need to either. Just curious about other people's experiences.

FREAKZILLLA is offline Associate Member
    domestic, domestic, domestic, enough said.

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbathegut
    i like BA myself
    trying to be discreet .... my last shipment from a small war ridden European country through "BO".com got seized .. I'm a little leary about ordering from him again ... I hear your name gets flagged.

Quote Originally Posted by OverDrive
    trying to be discreet .... my last shipment from a small war ridden European country through "BO".com got seized .. I'm a little leary about ordering from him again ... I hear your name gets flagged.
    Getting your name and address flagged is a good assumption, but is it really true that it happens? I mean is there anyway to verify that it does?

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    I dont know man ... I've ordered from him many times until that happened. A buddy of mine got his gear seized but uses a fake name every time .. he hasn't had any probs, in fact the source always resends which is good.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    $7 per pill???

They must be talkin bout that magic pill that makes your penis grow like 3"

Who the hell is paying $7 per pill even with gym prices? The Feds are insane pricks...

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Especially now more then ever before... domestic is the only way to go...

Quote Originally Posted by FREAKZILLLA
    domestic, domestic, domestic, enough said.

Domestic or .COM either way u still can get KNOCKED better have ur commersary money ready n forthose who have never been to jail therez a first timefor everything
    yeah yeah yeah n thatz wassup

jmp51483 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSiNJeCTiON
    Domestic or .COM either way u still can get KNOCKED better have ur commersary money ready n forthose who have never been to jail therez a first timefor everything
    yeah yeah yeah n thatz wassup

Unless your domestic source is a complete dumb **** you are fine.

chevyboyzcry is offline Associate Member
    so is there anyway you can get busted if you order domestic?

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chevyboyzcry
    Nope. They don't care that the drugs are illegal, they just want you to buy American.

Quote Originally Posted by chevyboyzcry
    Odds are unlikely but nothing is impossible. A vial can break and leak and cause suspicion, or a snitch which is the case in 85% of all drug busts on a higher level, so it isn't impossible, but on the odds level, domestic is many times safer than overseas.

U.S. Customs inspectors recovered a parcel from Thailand on May 20 addressed to the sailor and containing 300 tablets of steroids . The package was then delivered to the sailor's home by state and federal agents on Tuesday. About 200 additional pills and 20 liquid injections of steroids were recovered in his bedroom, police said.

Notice how the first individual received a controlled delivery. He obviously accepted the package, not thinking, and was then subject to a search and seizure. Upon searching his domicile the authorities found further illicit drugs. This is a major no no, keep the house clean when accepting anything illegal in the mail. Even if you DO accept the package, as long as your residence is clean you will have a much better chance of keeping your freedom.

It would be very difficult for the feds to charge you with receiving something 'bad' in the mail, as anyone could be in that circumstance. However, if they search your residence and find similiar illegal items you've made their life very easy!

Furthermore, the two other individuals in this article apparently 'admitted' to receiving the produce, but went on to say 'they didn't know it was illegal." WHOA!

The moral of this story:

1: Never admit to anything, keep your mouth shut
    2: Don't accept a package with a 'dirty' house

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicMaster
    The moral of this story:

1: Never admit to anything, keep your mouth shut
    2: Don't accept a package with a 'dirty' house
    That should be on the 10 steroid commandments. Great advice!

oh god

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Supposedly Bush has ordered the FDA and customs to stop issuing "Shame on you" letters letting you know they confiscated your stuff and go more actively at prosecuting everyone that orders known to be illegal drugs from overseas. Its different if you are ordering from Canada or elsewhere, drugs you've been prescribed, but they want to change it so that ordering steroids via mail is treated as harshly as trying to order marijuana from Holland.

They are also cracking down on web sites that have been selling physcodelic mushrooms via the internet and also dried skins of San Juan cactus (which contains hallucinagenic mescaline like peyote cactus has, except San Juan cactus isnt illegal like peyote). There are also other places that use congress's special exemption for hemp seeds to crack down on people order super ultra premium marijuana seeds from Canada and Holland. The US Law says the seeds must be microwaved or irradiated to death, since the seeds contain no drug value, hemp seeds are considered to be the most nutricious seeds you can feed birds.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    would customs be more lax if it is an outgoing package leaving the U.S. if they suspected it to be steorid would they still seize it if it was leaving the states for another country?

call up customs and ask them (he hee).

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by FREAKZILLLA
    call up customs and ask them (he hee).

good idea will do

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    would customs be more lax if it is an outgoing package leaving the U.S. if they suspected it to be steorid would they still seize it if it was leaving the states for another country?
    I actually think they would come down harder on you, because then you are the supplier/kingpin/boss of the Costra Nostra/evil scumbag/outlaw/etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information