Palumbo in trouble

I don't care for him anyway, but.....

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/lo...nute-headlines

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Sucks to be him.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    It sure does...

For those that hate clicking on links...

A prominent Long Island body builder has been arrested by federal agents on charges of illegally selling a drug that is in high demand in both the body-building underground and among victims of HIV-AIDs, according to officials.

David Palumbo, a nationally competitive body builder and the editor of "Rx Muscle" magazine, was charged Wednesday in U.S District Court in Central Islip with illegally distributing a counterfeit version of the human growth hormone , somatropin.

Palumbo, 36, of 3708 Somerset Dr., Seaford, did not fight his removal to San Diego where federal officials plan to arraign him on charges of conspiracy to distribute somatropin, also known as Serostim, and to traffic in counterfeit products.

Palumbo's attorney, Marc Gann, of Carle Place, declined to comment, as did Assistant United States Attorney Wayne Baker.

The drug, which is belived to mimic a normal human growth hormone in fostering muscle development, is legally available by prescription to combat severe wasting among AIDs patients. But it is eagerly sought in the black market of body building for its ability to foster muscle growth, supposedly without side effects, officials say.

For that reason it is considered by officials to be one of the drugs most widely diverted for illegal use. Somatropin is also costly; a month's dose for an AIDS patient can cost over $5,000. Controversy has surfaced in the medical community over whether the benefits to AIDs patients outweigh the drug's expense and whether less expensive treatments are equally effective.

Palumbo allegedly bought 200 boxes of a counterfeit version of Serostim from a San Diego supplier in July 2002 and subsequently resold some of the drug to individuals in Colorado and Washington State, according to Thomas Nasiatka, an agent with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. A month's supply is considered to be four boxes, each containing seven injectable doses, one for each day of the week.

U.S. Magistrate Arlene Lindsey released Palumbo on $50,000 bail on the understanding that he would voluntarily surrender himself to the Justice Department in San Diego. If convicted on the charges, Palumbo could face up to five years in prison.

Copyright © 2004, Newsday, Inc.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/l...ories-headlines

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Thanks buff. Did you guys notice this part? Counterfeits too? Bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    Palumbo, 36, of 3708 Somerset Dr., Seaford, did not fight his removal to San Diego where federal officials plan to arraign him on charges of conspiracy to distribute somatropin, also known as Serostim, and to traffic in counterfeit products.

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    That was my favorite part. That a boy, Dave. Not only are many of your articles inaccurate, you're selling fake gear across the country too....way to support the cause.

Yeah, what an asshole...

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    no sh*t ... man you just can't trust anyone!!!

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    That was my favorite part. That a boy, Dave. Not only are many of your articles inaccurate, you're selling fake gear across the country too....way to support the cause.
    LMFAO!

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Relativelty speaking facing 5 years is a joke. That means you get probation, or at the most a year, you never get what you are facing unless it is a capitol offense or you are a habitual offender. HGH isn't that heavy of a charge, good to know.
    Last edited by Lozgod; 06-17-2004 at 01:15 AM.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Didn't this ass clown get busted about 5 yrs ago for roids?Or was that some other BBer from NY i'm thinking of.

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    stupid ass...this is the first i heard of this....and i work out at the same gym he does haha....i can't believe that dick was selling fake ****.....oh well just goes to show you can't trust nobody!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Let him burn

FuKiN MoNSTeR is offline Junior Member
    at least hes big enough to not have to be worrying about getting taken advantage of in prison

JohnDoe1234 is offline Member
    I'm from LI, and I've heard stories about him. I've heard that he has other body builders buy and sell for him, and then he rats them out and has them arrested. Don't know if it's true, but thats the rumor around the Long Island juicing camp fire.

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    i;ve seen pix of him and read stuff and always thought he was one of the idiotic bodybuilders, he writes crap, looks crap (uses synthol also?) and sells counterfeit gear...niceeee
    :|

madmaniac is offline Junior Member
    they gave his home address. i think a few people who bought counterfit HGH are going to place that house a little visit.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Maybe one of his clients ratted him out for selling him fake gear

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    Are we officailly putting Dave Palumbo on the scammers list??

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    When they say counterfeit, did they mean it was fake (i.e. a bunch of crap) or just that it was a knockoff or generic drug? Either way, hasn't this guy put himself right in the crosshairs of the DEA over the last few years? Dip$hit.

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member

selling fake gear

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FuKiN MoNSTeR
    at least hes big enough to not have to be worrying about getting taken advantage of in prison
    not quite - without a source and facing the depression of being in jail he'll shrink up like my balls on a 20 week deca cycle.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    thats so funny, i cant believe they gave his address too.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    im loving that he was scamming people... what a piece of dogcrap...

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    I've never beleived half the **** he says anyways, looks good on him, I wonder if he'll still contribute to his magazine from his new home? Imagine paying thousands of dollars for HCG ! I guess he'll be the new editor from DATE RAPE magazine?

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    he's goin exactly where scammers deserve to be.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    When they say counterfeit, did they mean it was fake (i.e. a bunch of crap) or just that it was a knockoff or generic drug? Either way, hasn't this guy put himself right in the crosshairs of the DEA over the last few years? Dip$hit.
    Yes, I do believe that is what the intention was. Human Growth Hormone is patented in the United States, as are ALL pharmaceutical drugs (until their patent runs out and then you get all the generic brands popping up, which is also why when products are still under patent the prices are sky high, cause only the patent holding firm can produce, legally)

What the article is saying is that the growth hormone was produced in some foreign country, most likely starts with a 'C', and was then imported into the US - against federal, state and patent law. As such, the product would be labeled by the newspress and the feds as 'counterfeit' as per it is not manufactured by the patent holder. That does NOT mean it wasn't a legitimate product however. It most likely was as any individual whom buys overseas 'counterfeit' products can attest to!
    Last edited by AnabolicMaster; 06-17-2004 at 12:42 PM.

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    wasnt his name the anabolic freak or something for the one magazine? is that the right guy?

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicMaster
    Yes, I do believe that is what the intention was. Human Growth Hormone is patented in the United States, as are ALL pharmaceutical drugs (until their patent runs out and then you get all the generic brands popping up, which is also why when products are still under patent the prices are sky high, cause only the patent holding firm can produce, legally)

What the article is saying is that the growth hormone was produced in some foreign country, most likely starts with a 'C', and was then imported into the US - against federal, state and patent law. As such, the product would be labeled by the newspress and the feds as 'counterfeit' as per it is not manufactured by the patent holder. That does NOT mean it wasn't a legitimate product however. It most likely was as any individual whom buys overseas 'counterfeit' products can attest to!

It's rather sad how quickly some of you guys jump to conclusions! I would have thought that YOU individuals, more than anyone else, would delve deeper into a lowly newspress article. I guess you can be brainwashed as easily as anyone else.
    No, he was actually selling fake Serostim....not generic, but actually fake.

No, he was actually selling fake Serostim....not generic, but actually fake.
    There is NO such thing as generic HGH! Serostim is the only HGH product approved by the FDA and as such any 'alternative' would thusly be labeled 'counterfeit' in the United States.

It's along the same lines as the recent onslaught of 'canadien pharmaceuticals'. The US government blatantly said 'we can't guarentee the quality of these products'. In essence they were calling them 'no good', basically calling them 'counterfeits' of 'legitimate' American made and tested products.

I can guarentee you the article is using the word 'counterfeit' to illustrate that he was attempting to imitate human growth hormone , the active ingredient, and not counterfeiting in the sense that he was fraudulently representing the Serostim branded product.

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicMaster
    There is NO such thing as generic HGH! Serostim is the only HGH product approved by the FDA and as such any 'alternative' would thusly be labeled 'counterfeit' in the United States.

It's along the same lines as the recent onslaught of 'canadien pharmaceuticals'. The US government blatantly said 'we can't guarentee the quality of these products'. In essence they were calling them 'no good', basically calling them 'counterfeits' of 'legitimate' American made and tested products.

I can guarentee you the article is using the word 'counterfeit' to illustrate that he was attempting to imitate human growth hormone, the active ingredient, and not counterfeiting in the sense that he was fraudulently representing the Serostim branded product.
    Serostim isn't the only FDA-approved GH anymore BTW. Secondly, yes, there is generic GH. Generic in the sense that it carries no brand name. Is it identical to any other GH? Yes, of course. If not, it's not GH. However, counterfeit GH would be something labelled as GH but actually not be GH.....e.g. most commonly one will sell HCG relabelled as GH. He was selling something which was NOT GH as GH.

sd11 is offline Banned
    For starters this is really old news......only thing new is the arrest. All the scamming talk is actually funny. Yes the Serostim was fake, but no one knew it, he got scammed himself. At the time exact counterfeits were in abundance and no one knew until Serono Biotech and Beyond discovered the news after a product was returned to them and found to be fake.

Quote Originally Posted by sd11
    For starters this is really old news......only thing new is the arrest. All the scamming talk is actually funny. Yes the Serostim was fake, but no one knew it, he got scammed himself. At the time exact counterfeits were in abundance and no one knew until Serono Biotech and Beyond discovered the news after a product was returned to them and found to be fake.
    Muy Interesante. If true, that explains it all. HGH isn't exactly something you just 'relabel' and pass off as the real thing. You'd have to be a real dip**** to buy such an item.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    I believe the use of the word counterfeit was a choice made by the writer, and in actuallity should have been 'synthetic'. This guy is/was far too high profile to stoop to selling fake gear.

Read between the lines guys.

D

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the dent depot
    I believe the use of the word counterfeit was a choice made by the writer, and in actuallity should have been 'synthetic'. This guy is/was far too high profile to stoop to selling fake gear.

Read between the lines guys.

D
    Bah ha ha ha ha!!!

Marion Jones is far too high profile to stoop to chemical enhancements.
    Enron executives are far too high profile to stoop to lying to their shareholders.
    George Bush is far too high profile to stoop to lying about WMD.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    Bah ha ha ha ha!!!

Marion Jones is far too high profile to stoop to chemical enhancements.
    Enron executives are far too high profile to stoop to lying to their shareholders.
    George Bush is far too high profile to stoop to lying about WMD.

-touche-

D

Senior_FKG is offline Associate Member
    i saw palumbo at Sound Factory for the halloween party...he is huge though, sort of short

Thread Information