BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Dianabol vs. Anavar as Kickstarter

Hi all,

I'm in the midst of planning out what would be my first cycle (to take place just after xmas) and have already decided that I'll be using test enanthate (had debated sus) @500mg/week and deca (had debated eq) @400mg/wk...both for a duration of ten weeks (though I haven't entirely ruled out the notion of making it a twelve-week). While, for a variety of reasons, i was able to make decisions based on the above components, i haven't yet come to a conclusion on what might be used to "kickstart" the whole thing. D-bol seems to be the popular method of choice, and initially i believed that its inclusion was the one sure thing (and the other decisions would require more thought). However, I'm increasingly giving more thought to anavar in its place (as unusual as that seems to be), despite the fact that it's a bulking cycle. There seems to be a growing consensus that the strength gains from anavar (and the probability of retaining them) outweigh the size gains from d-bol (and the relatively low probability of hanging on to them). Additionally, while bloating isn't a huge concern, i'm not sure how i'll respond in terms of that to the test and deca, and i'm hoping anavar over d-bol might mitigate that.

Has anyone given this thought or even tried it. With the prevailing presence of d-bol in virtually everyone's cycles on this board, i'm thinking there has to be something i'm missing here by even entertaining the notion...assuming equal availability, is there any compelling reason why anavar should automatically take a back seat to d-bol as a kickstarter...or why anavar shouldn't kickstart at all?

EDIT: oh, concerning issues of appetite suppression, i'm not so sure that will be a problem since my appetite rarely ever dips below monstrous...but, if anyone has used it and found they could hardly work up the desire to eat while on, i'll def be scratching it...
    Last edited by BigGreen; 10-10-2002 at 10:03 AM.

McBain is offline Member
    I'd run the anavar all the way through the cycle at like 30-40mg ed. It won't give you the same kickstart but strength gains are great (but I didn't feel them until like weeks 4-8) and it is MUCH safer than dbols. Plus the vascularity and hardness and slight bodyfat burning properties are all nice bonuses. Just make sure you get real anavar, there are so much "anavar" out there that is mainly other orals, with little anavar actually in them. Talk to the women over on EF, they have been systematically testing a lot of anavar to see whats real and whats not.

McBain (please tell me you're paying homage to the simpsons with the name),

thanks for the advice. I'm debating and trying to get some feedback as to whether anavar throughout (which i think i may prefer given its reputation for stacking well with deca ) with the main concern being if it will undermine my bulking efforts. I doubt that it will, and, as you say, it may do quite a bit in terms of allowing me to retain some hardness and vascularity (even gain some) while bulking. Also, you stated it took about three to four weeks to "notice" its effects....any idea if this is the norm? I was under the impression (anecdotally) that it was more like 7-10 days. Anyway, i'll keep looking.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Anavar won't undermine your bulking efforts in anyway. Dbol is a better kickstart to a cycle but anavar would be better throughout or at the end. Anavar is expensive though which is why people don't use it more often.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    ive done both as a start.............i would choose anavar every time.

peace bb79

Assuming a 12 week cycle, is d-bol 1-4 (as the purported king of kickstarts) THEN anavar 6-12 too much in terms of the 17aa's? I get the impression that anavar's toxicity doesn't touch that of d-bol's, so maybe one could "get away" with that. It's a first cycle, so I'd prefer not to be too ambitious...it's just that i'm liking anavar more and more for all the right reasons, but also want a legitimate kicker at the beginning...has anyone kickstarted with anything other than d-bol with good results (or is the kickstart even necessary)? A friend suggested fina, given its comparatively short half-life and immediacy of results in most, but I'm not sure it has its place in a first cycle. Thanks again for responses.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    why dont you go 1-4 on the dbol and 8-13 on the anavar ? that way, you'll have a gap between the orals, and the anavar will fill the other down time(while the enan and deca clear) while youre waiting to start the clomid......

peace bb79

Mastiff is offline Member
    I think the 17aa problem is overrated. My brother is anemic and his doctor prescribed 9 MONTHS of Anadrol at 150mg/day. Anavar has been used to help repair liver damage, which says something about how toxic it is to the liver. I saw on another post that 10 mg dbol was equivalent to drinking one beer in terms of liver damage. Consider how long and how much someone has to drink to damage their liver. It takes years and large amounts. So I don't think you'll have any problems with even 12 weeks of anavar. Just my 2 cents.

JoeyJuice is offline Banned
    keep in mine my friend died off of Anadrol without any previous medical problems/liver problems.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyJuice
    keep in mine my friend died off of Anadrol without any previous medical problems/liver problems.
    how do you know he died coz of the anadrol ? what were his dosages?

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    Im using Var at the front of my cycle cause I want the benefits to my tendons and collagen etc as early as possible to avoid tendon injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanDawg
    Im using Var at the front of my cycle cause I want the benefits to my tendons and collagen etc as early as possible to avoid tendon injuries.
    how much do you get your var for? ive been researching and its hella expensive @ 40mg a day for 8 weeks.

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iron4life79
    ive done both as a start.............i would choose anavar every time. peace bb79
    Yo Iron - how mcuh ED and how many days till you felt something ?

What did it do for you ?
    Im using 40ED and im on 6th day and feel nothing yet excpt a little bit of strength gain in bench

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanDawg

how much do you get your var for? ive been researching and its hella expensive @ 40mg a day for 8 weeks.

GotR0ids is offline New Member
    Hmm if this is your first cycle why all those compounds? why not just use test for your first cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by GotR0ids
    Hmm if this is your first cycle why all those compounds? why not just use test for your first cycle?
    i was planning a test only for my first cycle but the more you lurk on this site the more you get over ambitious and carried away. its normal dont ya think?

GotR0ids is offline New Member
    Yeah i know what your saying bro

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    if he does his homework and knows how to do things right....why not?!...JMO

Lord is offline Junior Member
    let this thread be, its over 1½ years ago

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon

hell yeah its expensive. i get 100 5mg tabs for $120

Thread Information