Beefbody is offline Associate Member

losing hair using finastride??

i have been on 1.25mg of finastride for 9 days now and the 3rd day into it i seem to be losing more hair then when i was not using it? i thought this stuff was to do the opposite?? and i am not on no AS at the time nothing at all! is this normal or some side, whats up with it??

bubbathegut is offline Member
    i have heard this a normal side affect, it supposed to fall out at first and then start growing back...

Fpot66 is offline Junior Member
    I have read the same thing. I have been on for approximately 1 month now. The first few weeks I noticed a higher level of loss, but in the weeks following that number has dropped to almost nothing.

Fpot66

Quote Originally Posted by bubbathegut
    i have heard this a normal side affect, it supposed to fall out at first and then start growing back...

what up with the hair falling out then growing back? i guess i do not get it! at least i know now its normal for it to happen

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    that seems so oddd... lose hair to keep it lol

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fpot66
    I have read the same thing. I have been on for approximately 1 month now. The first few weeks I noticed a higher level of loss, but in the weeks following that number has dropped to almost nothing.

Fpot66
    Fpot ... hows it working for you man? Are you regrowing? Check your PMs

dirtybrit55 is offline Member
    overdrive - i thought you were supposed to take at least 2.5mg per day, sometimes 5mg

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Finasteride will only help with hair loss on the cown and vertex region of the hair, so it wont help you for a receding frontal hairline, i mention this because the hair you are losing should be coming from the vertex-crown area, if that is the case then thats a normal reaction since finastride prevents dht and stimulates hair growth, you have to experience hair shedding at the begining, it is normal because new hairs will grow in the place of the ones lost, it happens with minoxidil, saw plametto, basicaly all of hair loss products cause shedding at first.
    HOWEVER!!!!! If you are losing more hair on the frontal hairline then that is a problem finastride wont help you with.

sorry te above should be aimed at BEEFBODY not overdrive

Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    Finasteride will only help with hair loss on the cown and vertex region of the hair, so it wont help you for a receding frontal hairline, i mention this because the hair you are losing should be coming from the vertex-crown area, if that is the case then thats a normal reaction since finastride prevents dht and stimulates hair growth, you have to experience hair shedding at the begining, it is normal because new hairs will grow in the place of the ones lost, it happens with minoxidil, saw plametto, basicaly all of hair loss products cause shedding at first.
    HOWEVER!!!!! If you are losing more hair on the frontal hairline then that is a problem finastride wont help you with.
    Dammit! Does ANYTHING wokr on this region, I thought finasteride did work on front cos DHT blocking is DHT blocking.....

all my lose is coming from the top of my head! so i guess its normal then, just to be curious how long really on an average does it take to notice hair regrowth on the top of the head? i would imagine forever being how dam slow hair is to grow??

Quote Originally Posted by Beefbody
    all my lose is coming from the top of my head! so i guess its normal then, just to be curious how long really on an average does it take to notice hair regrowth on the top of the head? i would imagine forever being how dam slow hair is to grow??
    Are you bold already, or full head of hair?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrit55
    Are you bold already, or full head of hair?
    i have a full head of hair! just minimal hair loss on top you really have to look for it specically to see it!

I m gonna run 2.5mg a day for my prop/winny cycle, starting 2 weeks before teh cycle to block hairloss on my hairline. Thats all that really runs in my family...you think it'll work bro?

I m gonna run 2.5mg a day for my prop/winny cycle, starting 2 weeks before teh cycle to block hairloss on my hairline. Thats all that really runs in my family...you think it'll work bro?

thats exactly what i was going to do next cycle istarted now to get a long head start on it until i start my eq, test p, winny cycle in october! a week before my first injections i am going to up the finastride to 2.5mg and run it at 2.5mg 2 weeks past the last injection before lowering to 1.25mg again! i think i will also use rogaine just to help out more with any loss, i think it will work for you

cool bro and nice idea to start now, is it prescription or research finasteride? I would imagine prescription finasteride would run kinda expensive

cool bro and nice idea to start now, is it prescription or research finasteride? I would imagine prescription finasteride would run kinda expensive
    research finastride but i think when i order again i will just order the proscar tabs they are pretty much the same price anyhow where i get them, then i do not have to fuc around with the syringe and shizt, just pop a half one in the mournng and be done with it. the easyer the better.

yeh my idea was to get real proscar so i know it would work, but now i m thinking of running research **** for the beginning and start early like you. Hair is orecious ya know....

yeh my idea was to get real proscar so i know it would work, but now i m thinking of running research **** for the beginning and start early like you. Hair is orecious ya know....
    yeh man go with the proscar tabs (then you know your getting the right amount of mg each time) if i had to do over i would have not got the liquid finastide! its just a big freakin hassle sucking the shzt up and making sure you get the right amount and all that crap, if im going to spend time with that its going to be on AS, i know what you mean about hair being prcious! it would not be kool being bald ecspecially at a young age when there muffin to bang they like a dude with hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefbody
    yeh man go with the proscar tabs (then you know your getting the right amount of mg each time) if i had to do over i would have not got the liquid finastide! its just a big freakin hassle sucking the shzt up and making sure you get the right amount and all that crap, if im going to spend time with that its going to be on AS, i know what you mean about hair being prcious! it would not be kool being bald ecspecially at a young age when there muffin to bang they like a dude with hair.
    Yeh! I like the dudes with hair too!

hey dirtybrit55 i understand the frustration about finestride not working for the front hairline, many people hate their receding hairline but rogaine/minoxidil/finestride all work for the back/crown of the head only. Finestride only block one type of dht wich is responsible for the hairloss on the crown, in order to block oboth you need to get a product that block both. And unfortunatley as with all hairloss product you have to keep using it to see results, and you have to keep using it to maintain results. Here is a short list of stuff that helps with hairloss.
    1-Finestride (Propecia) 1mg/day
    Advantages-FDA approved, grows new mature hairs and stops further loss
    Disadvantages-only works for vertex of head, brand name is expensive, takes up to 3months to see visible results!! Blocks only one type of DHT

2-Minoxidil(Rogaine)
    Advantages-Stimulates hair growth and stops hairloss, non-prescription
    Disadvantages-Only helps vertex/crown of the head, fast hairloss return after discontiuation of use.

3-Revivogen (www.revivogen.com)
    Adv-All natural product, non-prescription, Blocks BOTH DHT types so it works front hairline, applied externally so no internal side effects in the body. Fast visible results.
    Disadvantage-doesnt smell great so must be applied at night and left overnight 3hours minimum. Hard to fit into daily routine but if you do then it works great.

4-Avodart (Dutasteride 0.5mg)
    ADV-AvodartŪ blocks both enzymes in the body that convert into DHT and reduces overall DHT production by over 93%. Works for any type of hairloss. Only taken once a day.
    Disadvantage-hard to get ahold of, expensive (80-100bucks a month online price), takes 3months for full results

4-Saw Plametto products (www.procerin.com)
    ADV-All natural, blocks both DHT forms so works with all DHT types, easy oral dosage, very affordable.
    Disadvantage-not enough medical evidence that shows dramatic hairloss prevention or new hair growth, only user testimonials are back-ups.

5-Nizoral Shampoo 2%
    ADV-easy to use shampoo to be used 3times a week, deep cleans the scalp and slightly removes DHT in the scalp. cheap!
    Disadvntage-Isnt strong enough to prevent hairloss alone, must be used along with other products.

6-Fabao chinese alcohol based herbal product (www.fabao10d.com or www.zhang-guang.com)
    ADV-easy to apply liquid, no sides, claims over 90% success rate in regrowing hair and maintaining hair. Only used for 2-3 months , once or twice a year!
    DIS-medically it works, but not enough publicity makes it suspicious in the USA, it is however popular around th world.

7-Viviscal pills (www.viviscalhair.com/tablets.htm)
    ADV-all natural product wich provides hair nutrients using alternative method, ery popula in finland, works for all hairloss, 50bucks a month average price, easy to take.
    DIS-sounds good, cant find one person that tried it before though!

Well guys thats some information i hope it helps you guys research, i personally havent done any steroid cycles before i am still just training hard naturally but i have been set back by the fear of losing hair because i had a slight thinning in the front hairline, i tried propecia-finstride but it was just a wast of money for me bacause i didnt have any hairloss on the back of my head, so then i started using revivogen for 4months and the results were great for me. It was difficult commiting to using it every night but i just put it into my routine and did it daily and the results came. I wash my hair with the shampoo that revivogen sells and its all natural too. I am going to add Nizoral2% 4 times a week and see how that works.
    l'oreal has a mens shampoo that thickens hair, it actually forces your hairs to coss in a way that makes them appear and feel thicker, me and a friend used it for 3weeks and the results were awesome!! you start thinking that you've grown more hair because it really looks thicker and denser, but dont be fooled because your still have the same amount of hair! L'oreal daily thickening is an alternative if you dont want to spend much money its only like 5bucks for a 2month supply or more.

Another piece of advice, if you are thinking of using finestride to prevent hairloss during a cycle , then start taking finestride at least 45days before starting your cycle so that it kicks in good by the time you need it. And dodnt stop using it till 45days after PCT so that all levels return to normal in your body. Dont just start it with the cycle and end it with the cycle.

Eating_Machine is offline New Member
    Sorry, but your wrong KAEW44, finasteride does work for all area of the scalp, not just the crown or vertex. The only reason none of the drugs claim to help with frontal hairloss is because the drug tests werent done for that area of the head, so the FDA wouldnt allow Merck (the makers of finasteride) to claim that it would work on the frontal area. I dont think Merck found it neccesary to spend the extra millions of dollars it takes to approve a drug that was already approved for one area of the head only to get legal rights to claim that it does the same thing for the front.

However if you check out some of the testimonials of success stories on certain hair loss sites you will see that drugs like finasteride and minioxidil DO work on all areas of the head.

Been on finasteride for almost a year now and it does work, (even on the front), although success varies from person to person.

good luck.
    Last edited by Eating_Machine; 06-18-2004 at 10:46 AM.

Your statement makes sense, but that doesnt mean i am wrong because i was just saying what the companies stated , so that was to the best of my knowledge. the information you provide make perfect sense...Does rogaine/minoxidil claim only vertex for the same reason as propecia?

"All of the steroids that are derivatives of DHT will remain unnafected by a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor like finasteride." this is a steament from another thread, take it into account.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Quote Originally Posted by Eating_Machine
    Sorry, but your wrong KAEW44, finasteride does work for all area of the scalp, not just the crown or vertex. The only reason none of the drugs claim to help with frontal hairloss is because the drug tests werent done for that area of the head, so the FDA wouldnt allow Merck (the makers of finasteride) to claim that it would work on the frontal area. I dont think Merck found it neccesary to spend the extra millions of dollars it takes to approve a drug that was already approved for one area of the head only to get legal rights to claim that it does the same thing for the front.

However if you check out some of the testimonials of success stories on certain hair loss sites you will see that drugs like finasteride and minioxidil DO work on all areas of the head.

Been on finasteride for almost a year now and it does work, (even on the front), although success varies from person to person.

good luck.
    Completley agree, it will halt hair loss everywhere for most people. I have many, many years experience with it and have talked to hundreds of people that also have the same level of experience.

Also, there was a reference to taking it 45 days ahead of time. Really all you need is 14 days to reach maximum dht suppresion. Although I do not understand why people take it just on cycle if they have male pattern baldness they should continue with 1 to 1.25 mg daily.

Also there is no need for 2.5 or 5mg. Still all results in about 70% dht suppression.

sp9
    ... a normal reaction since finastride prevents dht and stimulates hair growth, you have to experience hair shedding at the begining, it is normal because new hairs will grow in the place of the ones lost, it happens with minoxidil....

Agree with that. There are many good sites that explain shedding. For me it is worse with minoxidil than proscar/propecia. But it is a good sign.

http://www.minoxidil.com/Shedding.htm

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    "All of the steroids that are derivatives of DHT will remain unnafected by a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor like finasteride." this is a steament from another thread, take it into account.

Where did you get that ??

and does that mean that winny being a derivative of dht will induce hairloss even when using propecia (I know I started a thread on this ... SOrry )

Also for the thread poster ...

SHEDDING: Our hair naturally goes through growth and resting cycles. Each hair has its own cycle, and at any given time, a large % of follicles are "resting" while the remainder are "growing" as hair on the scalp. When Propecia enters the system, the sudden removal of DHT from the follicles can sometimes shock a large number of follicles to enter into the resting phase at the same time. Its known as a synchronization of the hair cycle. To the layman, it's frequently known as the "shedding sh*ts". Panic can set in as the person who sought to stop their hair loss, suddenly see's it get worse right before their eyes. The change is typically not noticeable to anyone but the one on the treatment, but its enough to cause many to freak out and lose their stability. We are here to inform you to NOT worry about shedding. If you are shedding, this means you are responding to the treatment. A larger number of hairs have entered into dormancy so that they can rest, and rejuvenate in 2 or 3 months free of any DHT affliction. It's as simple as that. Shedding rarely lasts more than 4 months, and typically results in a sudden "awakening" of large numbers of hairs.

sp9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    Where did you get that ??
    Proscar/Propecia stop the conversion to DHT via the 5ar pathway. Things like Winny are already past the conversion point so propecia/proscar can not help with them.

Thread Information