promiscio is offline Member

Adv or DisAdv to using Ephedra on Cycle

Hey all
    Is there any advantage or disadvantage to using ephedra while on a cycle?

Matto20 is offline Member
    What kind of cycle? What are your goals?

I wouldn't use it if I were trying to bulk, of course. Even if you did want to just "kickstart" your workout, there are other ways to do that.

In fact, I myself wouldn't use ephedra period. It's really just dirty amphetamines. Speed. I prefer using yohimbine (capsulated or via Yohimburn), caffeine, and green tea extracts to help get all the last bits of fat off of me. I feel more healthy going that route, and I'm not all sped-out all the time like I am when I take ECA. Furthermore, ECA and amphetamines in general aren't good for people with anxiety (like me), so I tend to avoid such strong stimulants. Good luck though!

My cycle is posted in my sig...
    I want to put on lean mass and lose fat...

Antwan is offline Associate Member
    I dont think I would use D-Bol and ephidrine at the same time. My blood pressure goes up a good bit with the D-Bol.

Hmmm,,, any other opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by promiscio
    Hmmm,,, any other opinions?
    drop the d-bol, run the ephedrine if you're really gung-ho about it. that would be what i'd do.

actually, if i were you i'd drop the dbol and the winny and use anavar in their place. that would melt so much fat off you that you wouldn't even think about needing ECA. but that might not be an option. good luck in whatever you choose man.

Unfortunately I already have the Winny or I would consider it...
    I am not necessarily gung ho about Ephedrine, just gives a nice kick during the day and workout.

I do not know much about anavar ,,,time to do some reading,,,

Opinions anyone?

Ephedrine belongs to the group of sympathomimetics. It is not a hormone compound. First, ephedrine has clear fatburning characteristics. On the one hand, this occurs since ephedrine produces heat in the body (thermogenesis). Simpli-fied, ephedrine slightly increases the body temperature so that the body burns more calories than usual. On the other hand, ephedrine stimulates the thyroid gland to transform the weaker LT-4 (L-thy-roxine) into the stronger LT-3 (liothyronine), thus accelerating the metabolism. The fatburning effect, with the additional intake of both methylzanthine caffeine and aspirin, can almost be doubled. Scien-tific research has shown that the combination of 25 mg ephedrine, 200 mg caffeine, and 300 mg aspirin is ideal to produce a synergetic effect. Those who apply this combination three times daily, approxi-mately 30 minutes prior to a meal, will significantly burn fat. Com-peting bodybuilders have appreciated this for quite some time. Second, ephedrine has anticatabolic characteristics. Thus it is es-pecially useful for maintaining the muscle system while dieting. Finally, athletes often use ephedrine as a "training booster." Since it has a mild amphetamine-like effect on the central nervous sys-tem (CNS) it improves the concentration, vigilance, and the in-terplay of nerves and muscles. For this purpose, 25-50 mg ephe-drine are taken approximately one hour before a workout. The athlete feels an immediate boost in energy which during work-out can manifest itself in a 5-10% increase in strength. Again, also in this case, the effect can be improved by taking caffeine and aspirin (s.a.). it is important to note that ephedrine, admin-istered for this purpose, is not to be taken more than three times a week; otherwise, the body gets accustomed to it and the "boost effect" decreases, and much higher dosages are needed.

bro dont be scaired to run ephedrine durring your cycle. on my first cycle i gained a hell of a lot of weight running my ephedrine. just make sure you throw in some more calories to compensate for ephedras calorie burning effects. i ran it with caffeine and was satisfied with its energy, i was especially satisfied for its anti catablic effects.

it wont hurt any, hell if i didnt run it i would of gained nearly as much weight as i have my first cycle for the fact that i wouldnt of had any energy in the gym.

good luck bro.

bigordie is offline Member
    i love the feeling of ephedra during a workout, i would wait until week four then run it the rest of your cycle. JMO

Thanks for all the info...
    What does the aspirin do? I just happened to by two bottles of aspirin at the store today, guess I found a reason to use it...

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by promiscio
    Thanks for all the info...
    What does the aspirin do? I just happened to by two bottles of aspirin at the store today, guess I found a reason to use it...

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/showthread.php?t=94431

D

Quote Originally Posted by bigordie
    i love the feeling of ephedra during a workout, i would wait until week four then run it the rest of your cycle. JMO
    you should try meth!!

ISO D is offline New Member
    I use eph in both bulking and comp cycles however with different dosages. Eph acts on all 3 receptors for fat burning and clen only 1 making eph a much better choice if you choose 1. i use both during comp cycles along with T4. On bulking cycles I just take it prior to back and leg workouts to help give me the added boost of energy. During my comp cycles I take an 850mg ephedra alk tab and 50mg of ephedrine 3 times daily. That way I dont have any jitters or problems with too high heart rate, but I get excellent fat burning results.

Quote Originally Posted by ISO D
    I use eph in both bulking and comp cycles however with different dosages. Eph acts on all 3 receptors for fat burning and clen only 1 making eph a much better choice if you choose 1. i use both during comp cycles along with T4. On bulking cycles I just take it prior to back and leg workouts to help give me the added boost of energy. During my comp cycles I take an 850mg ephedra alk tab and 50mg of ephedrine 3 times daily. That way I dont have any jitters or problems with too high heart rate, but I get excellent fat burning results.
    150mg of ephedrine in one day? that would turn me into a completely different person . . .

FinaZurp is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ISO D

I have never heard this about ephedra acting on all three receptors and clen on only one. As far as I new clen was a much better fat burner that eph because it increased thermogenisis by 10% as oppsed to ephedra which only increased it by 2%? This is interesting I want to hear more.

Bump

Bump?

Ok can anyone clear this up?

Thread Information